stuck

uther

uther

Awards
Hey Everone. I could use a little help.
I've been training most of my life . eat well etc. Going to be 40 next month.

I've been trying to get back to the mid 180 lbs. range and have been stuck for quite some time at 193 lbs. I'd say I've been stuck for say 2-3 months.

I train 5 days a week
3 weight training days
2 days of Kick boxing / muay thai

My weight training days have a lot of cardio bursts inbetween sets .
I burn about 5500-6000 cal a week.

My diet is really tight, though one day a week I'll have a nice dinner etc.
I eat about 7 meals per day again very clean.

I have been giving thought to trying Clenbuterol. for say two weeks. Looking for any insight that you guys / gals could give me

thanks

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Post up your current diet plan. You should be able to manipulate your diet some and kick start progress again. If you had been losing for a while on below maintenance calories, it sounds like you have found your new maintenance level. Drop it 3-500 more to start losing again. It wouldn't hurt if you make sure your treat meal bumps yout total cals for that day to above maintenance level.

ripnlean

ripnlean

Better Body Sports
Awards
Have you done a deload in a while to shock your system, You're probably hitting the area where your body is programmed to hold on to body fat if you go into a deload and eat normal for a few days and go back to your diet, you will have shocked your body to burn that fat. Some people even lose weight when on a deload.

Good luck and hope you get past your plateau!

uther

uther

Awards
Current meal plan.
day 1
1whole egg 3 whites
3/4 cup oatmeal

pre workout
30 gram shake
lunch
6oz chicken
1 whole grain wrap
w lettace
snack
apple 15 almonds
dinner
8 oz chicken
3/4 cup brn. rice
1 cup veggies
snack
1cup low fat cottage cheese
Day2
3egg whites 1 whole
1/2 cup oatmeal

pre workout
30gram shake

lunch
8oz chicken
1/2 brn rice
1 cup veggies
snack
1 can tuna, 10 almonds
Dinner
8oz chicken
1/2 cup brn. rice
1 cup veggies
snack
30 gram shake

Day 3
2whole eggs
1 white
1/4 cup oatmeal

pre,
30 gram shake
post 30 gram shake

lunch
1 can tuna atop 4 cups lettace
w/ balsamic & 15 almonds

snack
appleor grapefruit

dinner
6oz. steak
4oz yam
1/2 veggies

snack 40 gram shake
day 4
1whole egg 3 whites
1/2 oatmeal
pre
30 gram shake
lunch
8oz chicken
4 cups lettace
3tsp.olive oil
balsamic vin

snack
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
dinner
6oz chicken
1/2 brn rice
1 cup veggies

snack
30 gram shake

Then I start back at day 1
sat . I have a nice meal, my wife and I may go out or make a more elaberate meal.
So thats what I'm eating guys& gals. The onlty thing is coffee in the morning. Drink mostly water . Or crystal lite.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Do you know what your calorie totals for the day are? If you are that strict it shouldn't be hard to calculate. I agree also that if you have been that strict for 2-3 months and have been stuck, you need something to shock your system. I say this weekend let loose. You need to go over your current calorie level for a few days. Your current diet plan is now your maintenance level. So you need to lowere your cals about 3-400 per day. I suggest this fri and sat double your cals each day. You can be strict if you want or just treat yourself. Get some pizza or burgers and ice cream. On sunday go back to current plan, then monday start new plan at 300 cals less than normal. You might try to shake up your training as well. If you dot have any heart or BP issues, I would add ECA. I have had great success with ECA and minimal cardio so far. Getting ready to kick up the cardio to keep things going.

I think you definitely need a shake up though.

uther

uther

Awards
never added up may cal intake . But will do that .

No blood preasure issues . Never tried a ECA stack, but at this point I'll give it a shot.

uther

uther

Awards
Hmm. So i ran threw what I eat today ,Looks like I'll consume about 2100 cal today .

Give or take
can that be correct? I burned about 1100 training today( I use a heart mon. with strap)

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Hmm. So i ran threw what I eat today ,Looks like I'll consume about 2100 cal today .

Give or take
can that be correct? I burned about 1100 training today( I use a heart mon. with strap)
if you burn 1100 and only eat 2100, and do this regularly, your body will go into storage mode.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if I would put a ton of weight into the amount of calories burned according to a heart rate monitor. There are so many variables that aren't accounted for during the rest of your day. That being said, it can be used to track your cardio workouts to give you a way to measure the amount of work you did so you can try to beat it next time.

I am currently fluctuating from 1900-2200 cals per day right now on a keto diet. On my saturday carb day, who knows how much I eat. I usually go overboard though. My weight goes from 170-173 depleted of carbs on morning before carb up to 175-177 sunday morning after carbs.

I still say you need to shake things up. If you don't have a specific time frame for your weight goal, take a week even to just loosen up on the diet. Go above 2200 to even 3000 for a couple days. If your body is stuck in starvation mode, you need to overfeed it for a few days maybe even a week to get it to start burning. Don't worry if you put on a couple pounds, (which I know sounds counter productive). It sounds like you are training fairly hard during the week, so you could get by on a few more cals anyway. Get your metabolism jumping and then drop back to current cal levels. I recommend cycling your cals as well as carbs. Lower cals for 3-4 days, along with lower carbs if your body will allow you to train on lower carbs. Then every 3rd or 4th day, raise your carbs to get your cal totals about 500 over other 3 days. keep your cal levels going up and down regularly to keep your metabolism burning.

uther

uther

Awards
I have been following the above diet for about 6 months, give or take. My training is pretty non stop, my heart rate peeks say 182 ( sparing days) average during work outs I try to keep it 150's

Well I took a couple days off , ate what I wanted . Helped greatly that our daughter was home for fall break and wanted to cook a rather large , extensive meal, & dessert !
I have noticed latly with the above diet , my recovery has been almost terrible. Tired all the time and no forward motion towards fat loss etc.
Should I try a lipo or etc?

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
i think you should eat double what you eat right now for a week or two maybe up to a month. it is very possible you metabolism has slowed down quite a bit and you need to bring it back up.your body self regulates so your lower calorie diet is its new normal.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
Look into the UD 2.0 - it might help you get a bit more serious about your diet.

Please understand there are far more factors to losing weight that counting calories. You need to balance the hormones so that you can actually burn the fat. Constant dieting with out corresponding cheat DAYS.

Unless you are playing with fun toys, odds are your test, insulin, igf, t3, t4 and leptin levels are bottomed out. Even if you've been supplementing you probably aren't in the right place.

Read UD2.0 and replan things.

I'd say you need to take 2 WEEKS off diet and eat at/above maint for a bit.

uther

uther

Awards
thanks everyone for the advice.
After eating alot more cal. than I was used to , my hunger has been killer, which I'm taking as a good sign, as I was never hungery before.

Here's one though, about two years ago I was eating only protein and veggies with a carb refeed once aweek. Did rather well on it trimmed about 25lbs. off.

Thinking of trying it again. Though, with my current training, how to keep the focus and energy up with the lack of Carbs?
Was thinking of 1/2 of Oatmeal with breakfast for energy, that would be about 27g carbs and keep to just protein& vegg. the rest of the day.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
thanks everyone for the advice.
After eating alot more cal. than I was used to , my hunger has been killer, which I'm taking as a good sign, as I was never hungery before.

Here's one though, about two years ago I was eating only protein and veggies with a carb refeed once aweek. Did rather well on it trimmed about 25lbs. off.

Thinking of trying it again. Though, with my current training, how to keep the focus and energy up with the lack of Carbs?
Was thinking of 1/2 of Oatmeal with breakfast for energy, that would be about 27g carbs and keep to just protein& vegg. the rest of the day.
add in healthy fats. olive oil, natural pb, etc.