bulk to cut transition

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Cutting time approaching. Have been speaking with several other members. Interested to see what everyone does. Would like to know at what rate to cut calories to reach BMR, when to introduce thermos, ph's, etc, et al.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
"bulk to cut transition"... less food:

:eek: ..... :eek: ...... :( ....... :mad:

txwakeskater

Awards
hahahahaha

although i have never dieted, ive heard it totally blows :D

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I myself pretty much follow biggins plan. I know its an oversimplification but i believe it should be kept as simply as possible so one adheres to it, which is the most important part of the cut. I dont count calories or even figure out my basal metabolic rate or any of that.

Simply, I begin to eat less food overall first getting rid of all simple sugars and bad fats, and slowly cutting down on carbs altogether while keeping protein intake high (with an occasional carb up). At the same time I start my cardio very light and short and gradually build up to longer sessions, never going more than 30 mins 3 or 4 times a week, as i believe its best to cut through diet as to limit the catabolic effects of too much cardio.

As for supplements, I try to wait out taking an eca for as long as possible while relying on my "everyday" supps such as protein, efa, liver tabs, vitamins. Then ill throw in an eca. This up coming cut im planning on using t1-pro as well. Im going to hold out as long as possible to introduce this as I feel it will come most in handy when my calories are the lowest, helping me to spare as much muscle as possible.

Of course figuring all the stuff out exact will be more efficient but i feel itll also be more of a hassle which could be detrimental in the long term. So there really isnt much too it. KISS, keep it simple stupid.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Thank you Tmack, right along the lines of what I was looking for.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Thank you Tmack, right along the lines of what I was looking for.
****, that's basically word for word what I said!

:p heheh

gotta echo Tmack, since my first response was so "shitty" :D Simplify as much as possible. Gradually decrease cals until you are 500 or so below maint. (if you got lotsa tub could try 600 or maybe a little more, but muscle will start flyin off if you aint careful). If you have the desire to incorporate aids in the form of eca nyc forskolin etc (and I know you do Scotty!) I wouldn't slap em all in at once, work gradual doses of all of em, and incorporate one at a time into your diet until you are rolling at desired doses across the board. On cardio, I personally have found that if I keep my sessions high intensity and relatively brief(sprint work, never exceeding 25-30 mins after warmup), I can even pull two a days for about an hour total and not lose noticable muscle, I've gone as high as 5 times weekly in this manner. Tmack suggested the bulk of the weight loss should come from cal reduction and I should mention that I find personally, my body responds best to simply altering nutrient ratios (40-30-30 is close), still eating quite a lot though more protein less carbs, and incorporating more and more cardio until I am satisfied with my level of fat reduction. So we differ in that respect. Supp use (other than fat loss supps) stays the same in my case. Hope that helps Scotty.

oh yeh on the days I bust out large amounts of cardio I eat maint. level, without a cal reduction. that only happens for me on cardio off days.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
The transition should be gradual. Your "System" isnt ready for a feeding frenzy then going straight to calorie depletion. If you've jsut come off a PH or AAS cycle, taking an ECA right after you're done with the cycle isnt a bad idea. It aids in muscle preservation (suppresses cortisol) and the work from there. I would eat about 100-150 cals over your BMR (thermodynamics will more than likely cause you be totally maintaining via burning calories through protein synthesis, etc.) And work from there. Do what the other guys say and gradually decrease your calories. Depending upon what compounds you plan to use when cutting will determine how low you should drop your cals. To cut if you dont want to lose a massive amount and risk losing muscle real fast, eat right at your BMR and add cardio. The addition of an ECA/NYC will drastically drop your cals too so be careful there.......

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by YellowJacket
To cut if you dont want to lose a massive amount and risk losing muscle real fast, eat right at your BMR and add cardio. The addition of an ECA/NYC will drastically drop your cals too so be careful there.......
Yes! I am a strong advocate of not droppng cals too far if enough cardio is done. It's kind of like a balancing act; you want to drop your cals to maybe just slighty below maintenance or even BMR, then add cardio. I was thinking maybe 4 days a week cardio, added glutamine, but keeping cals as high as possible, to preserve mass. I've bascially done this before, and read many others who do the same to stay lean year round without losing too much mass. Some don't like the idea, but I've just never been a fan of anything far below maintenance. I think with the right planning this could minimize mass loss significantly (admittedly fat loss may not be as quick, so many factors though such as ECA's and so forth).

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established

Yes! I am a strong advocate of not droppng cals too far if enough cardio is done. It's kind of like a balancing act; you want to drop your cals to maybe just slighty below maintenance or even BMR, then add cardio. I was thinking maybe 4 days a week cardio, added glutamine, but keeping cals as high as possible, to preserve mass. I've bascially done this before, and read many others who do the same to stay lean year round without losing too much mass. Some don't like the idea, but I've just never been a fan of anything far below maintenance. I think with the right planning this could minimize mass loss significantly (admittedly fat loss may not be as quick, so many factors though such as ECA's and so forth).
i've always mad the mistake of cuttin cals too much and added cardio which only makes u loose muscle...not a good thing..I've learned my lesson and i'm gonna start cuttin, slowly, beginning first of feb, startin cardio :( . I'm gonna use 7-keto, 3 alpha and first of April start some 1-test, prolly t1pro. plus some eca. and cals about 500 less than maintenance. hopin to keep the gains i've made this winter. i have to drop carbs to around 100-200 gms per day and keep the protein intake hi...