When you take diet supps..

Mikey9305

Awards
Does it make your body go into a catabolic state?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes. Catabolism is the process by which the body breaks down stored energy for fuel. This can be muscle, fat, even bone is affected by catabolism.

However, what I think you are referring to is the question, "Does taking a diet pill make me lose muscle?"

The answer there is: maybe. The vast majority of diet pills rely on caffeine as a primary ingredient, which is known to cause the release of cortisol, which in turn can stimulate proteinolysis. But, if you don't starve yourself and instead diet wisely, recover from your workouts sufficiently, and don't overdo your caffeine and stim intake, your cortisol levels should remain within an acceptable range.

Just don't cut cals too much, or overstim yourself and you should be fine on a diet pill.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ECA is muscle sparing.
uhhh :think: guess again

There is no type of stimulant that is 'muscle sparing' including clen which has only shown to be anabolic in animals, not in humans. That statement just does not make any sense....

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd like to know where that came from.
There is no type of stimulant that is 'muscle sparing' including clen which has only shown to be anabolic in animals, not in humans. That statement just does not make any sense....
Taking a stimulant to preserve muscle? First of all, aspirin works against building any muscle. I know some boxers who take aspirin to keep their size down but strength up when they train. It's an anti-inflammatory, and you need inflammation in your muscle to create an anabolic response.

Ephedrine + caffeine are both stimulants. Stimulants do not preserve muscle, they boost the rate in which you burn calories, they are not anabolic.

I have never heard of anyone using ECA to 'hold onto muscle' while dieting.