WTF happened to me????

bigdognhb

Awards
So Ive never left a posting like this. Nor am I looking for sympathy. Posting this here is more of a motivational thing. So last year at this time I was hitting the gym full steam ahead. Went through about Feb. and I was down about 35 pounds bringing me down to mid 260s. I dont know when it happend but between working third shift and A really bad break-up I fell completely off course. Eating whatever, drinking almost on a daily basis, not working out. And if you believe in it, was probably clinicaly depressed. I knew I probably gained a large majority of the lost weight back and my clothes recently began to fight snugger. So while I had some down time today at work I stepped on the scale. 308.8!!!!! WTF!!! How could I let myself get to this??? Today this **** stops for good. I walked in the house and threw out all the junk food and soda. Tomorrow morning its back to the gym. Ive never been skinny but this is ****ing redicioulous. Heres the goal. 50 pounds in 6 months. I was on track before and I know I can do it again. Plus I fugure that is realistic to be able to put on some muscle while loosing the fat. To whoever reads this. Thanks for taking time out of your life to listen to me hate myself enough to do something about it

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Nothing to it but to do it. Get your stuff squared away and SFW

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So Ive never left a posting like this. Nor am I looking for sympathy. Posting this here is more of a motivational thing. So last year at this time I was hitting the gym full steam ahead. Went through about Feb. and I was down about 35 pounds bringing me down to mid 260s. I dont know when it happend but between working third shift and A really bad break-up I fell completely off course. Eating whatever, drinking almost on a daily basis, not working out. And if you believe in it, was probably clinicaly depressed. I knew I probably gained a large majority of the lost weight back and my clothes recently began to fight snugger. So while I had some down time today at work I stepped on the scale. 308.8!!!!! WTF!!! How could I let myself get to this??? Today this **** stops for good. I walked in the house and threw out all the junk food and soda. Tomorrow morning its back to the gym. Ive never been skinny but this is ****ing redicioulous. Heres the goal. 50 pounds in 6 months. I was on track before and I know I can do it again. Plus I fugure that is realistic to be able to put on some muscle while loosing the fat. To whoever reads this. Thanks for taking time out of your life to listen to me hate myself enough to do something about it
That definitely sucks man, but you have to love your self enough to do something about it. Being that over weight predisposes you to every debilitating, chronic illness know to man. SilentBob is right you just gotta go do it, if you want it badly enough you CAN do it.

aj power

aj power

Awards
  • Established
Good luck mate. Make sure you plan out your diet and your training and stick to it you have done it before so you can do it again!!!!

airram479

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya' brah. I work a swing shift myself,usually from 5pm to 4am,i should be cutting out of work at 130,but business levels are going through the ceiling at my place. It's tough dragging my ass out of bed on only 5-6 hours of sleep to hit the gym,but if i don't i know i'm just letting myself down. Baby steps man,baby steps....you'll get there.

orangerain

Awards
A few months ago, I was full swing at the gym - until I started feeling off. I think I gained the weight I lost as well. BUT, there's nothing you can do but to just go back to your routine. Don't let what happened get to you. Besides, I heard working out makes you feel better. :)

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
"The greatest thing about tomorrow is, I will be better than I am today. And thats how I look at my life. I will be better as a golfer, I will be better as a person, I will be a better father, I will be a better friend. That's the beauty of tomorrow. There is no such thing as a set-back. The lessons I learn today I will apply tomorrow, and I will be better." Tiger Woods.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...So while I had some down time today at work I stepped on the scale. 308.8!!!!! WTF!!! How could I let myself get to this??? Today this **** stops for good. I walked in the house and threw out all the junk food and soda. Tomorrow morning its back to the gym. Ive never been skinny but this is ****ing redicioulous. Heres the goal. 50 pounds in 6 months. I was on track before and I know I can do it again. Plus I fugure that is realistic to be able to put on some muscle while loosing the fat...
So you want to lose 50lb of fat in 6 months. Realistic

If you are focusing solely on fat loss then you will be eating for fat loss and therefore you're not going to gain that much muscle mass (if any), since fat loss and muscle growth are at opposite ends of the diet spectrum; and if you eat for recomping then you will not lose 50lb of fat in 6 months.

Read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss; it tells you everything you need to know re diet and exercise for fat loss, to get you started on the right path.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established

not to sound like a jerk but, at that weight, your body literally has to fight to keep weight. you could probably lose 5lbs a week without trying.

i think if you stop eating junk food for a few weeks,dont eat right before bed, up your protein, and maybe do some cardio you would drop 15lbs+ EASY.

bigdognhb

Awards
Thanks to everyone. One thing I love about this board is that people are so supportive. To Andy G I love the Quote! Soontobbeast, your perfectly correct. Im not trying to make any excuses. I was eating and drinking when I was bored and depressed. With all that stopping the first 15 to 20 should shed no problem. Guejsn, I may have mispoke a little bit. I want to maintain my current level of lean body mass and get that mass hard while loosing the weight. Not necessarily gain muscle mass. Last winter I was loosing weight while still adding inches to my arm and adding quite a bit of definition to my legs. its a double edge sword. I literally hold almost all my fat in my stomach. my legs are almost completely solid with the exception of the inside of my thighs and my arms still have definition. However, In a health aspect holding that much fat in the abdomial cavity is worse than having it evenly dispersed. But once again. Thanks for all the support guys

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...Guejsn, I may have mispoke a little bit. I want to maintain my current level of lean body mass and get that mass hard while loosing the weight. Not necessarily gain muscle mass...
Well maintaining your current level of lean body mass (LBM)should be EASY. To ensure this you don't want to be losing TOO much weight a week, as if your nutrition and training are not right then you will lose weight fast, but probably a good mix of fat and LBM.

You'll just have to wait until you get leaner before your muscle mass will become hard.

I suggest that you select a body composition (i.e. % bodyfat) that you want to be, as opposed to a weight, and then work your way down to that. Adjust your diet and training on a weekly basis depending on our results for that week, since maintaining the LBM you have is the most important aspect here.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

bigdognhb

Awards
Thats the idea. I really dont care what a scale says. Ill check my weight once a week just as a little bit of motivation to keep pushing myself. But in the end I really dont care what the scale says. I care about how I look in the mirror and how my clothes fit

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
"Just Do It" -Nike