starting over after 19 years

Page 7 of 7 First ... 567

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Fantastic man! Great job. Honestly, this is my first visit to this post but it's clear that you're determined and your results are obvious. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is an athletic physique but you are well on your way and your foundation is getting more solid every day. Keep it up! The one bit of advice I would offer is that you should forget about isolation exercises and just concentrate on heavy compound lifts for now.
    thanks bro. I get the same feedback over and over. How about this--can you put together a routine for me.

2. Size 38 Levis? Try 34 bro.

Keep up the great work man, you've made a pretty big difference in 3 months. You're gonna want to throw in some middle delt work though. Cable side-lateral-raises are good. Bench and rows have your front/rear delts covered, but you don't have much in terms of middle-delt work and it'll limit your growth and mess around your shoulder posture if you don't hit them a bit here and there.

You'll find the next period of fat loss will be a series of stalls and splurts. You'll lose nothing/gain a little weight in the next few weeks as muscle growth balances or exceeds fat loss but then this will flip and you'll find yourself suddenly losing double digits of lbs for a few weeks in fat as the muscle beings eating it up (Just like Easy said before).

Keep it up though.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by heavypieces View Post
    thanks bro. I get the same feedback over and over. How about this--can you put together a routine for me.
    I'm sorry, brother. I don't have a lot of time but I won't leave you stranded. Start your search here. You can also look in to DC training which I hear is pretty good. But the main thing is to forget isolation work and build a strong foundation. Everything else will fall into place. Squats, deadlifts, bench, dips, rows and chins. These are your friends.

4. And if neutral grip chins are something you can't do at the moment and you don't have an assisted chinnie machine at your gym, just go for high weight lat pulldowns. You'll be doing chinnies with the best of us in no time.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Size 38 Levis? Try 34 bro.

Keep up the great work man, you've made a pretty big difference in 3 months. You're gonna want to throw in some middle delt work though. Cable side-lateral-raises are good. Bench and rows have your front/rear delts covered, but you don't have much in terms of middle-delt work and it'll limit your growth and mess around your shoulder posture if you don't hit them a bit here and there.

You'll find the next period of fat loss will be a series of stalls and splurts. You'll lose nothing/gain a little weight in the next few weeks as muscle growth balances or exceeds fat loss but then this will flip and you'll find yourself suddenly losing double digits of lbs for a few weeks in fat as the muscle beings eating it up (Just like Easy said before).

Keep it up though.
    Yes next stop size 36.
  6. Never enough

I recently drifted back up to 34s being snug and no more 32s in the process of bulking from 200-230, but already back down at 225 the 34s are getting loose. and some 32s just about are back to fitting. snugly of course.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
  7. Mid January progress pics

Progress pics. Been hitting it hard!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

8. Going to start bulking soon. Been hitting the gym still and diet is tight.

9. That is huge progress man, great work!

10. Just remember dude bulking doesn't = eating like ****!

Keep your food clean when you're looking to increase your LBM.

Great work so far.
    •   

11. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    That is huge progress man, great work!
    Thanks brotha. I'm feeling good now. Clothes are fitting and the girls are looking.
  12. eating clean

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Just remember dude bulking doesn't = eating like ****!

Keep your food clean when you're looking to increase your LBM.

Great work so far.
    Yes, I am going to target 3200 calories and eat very clean. I will start a log in the bulk section soon which will include diet and lifting stats every day. I'm going to need some guidance.

HP

13. What sort of weights are you pushing on the big 3 mate?

Deadlift/Flat Bench/Skwats.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    What sort of weights are you pushing on the big 3 mate?

Deadlift/Flat Bench/Skwats.
    I don't know. I've added a workout partner so I am lifting as heavy as I can on the big three to get about 4-6 reps. My routine has been completely switched up though so i feel much weaker. Hitting Costco this weekend to load up on protein, chicken, tuna for a serious attempt at adding muscle.

Right now I'm at 235 and my arms and legs feel dense. However I still have love handles and belly fat. I need to get a tripod so I can take some pics of my back and a couple of poses.

15. Weighed in at 228 yesterday. Down 52 lbs since September 7.

16. Awesome work dude!

Remember that you can either be building muscle or losing a lot of fat. I'd say you're probably at the cusp of wanting to put on some muscle now rather than just smashing fat, so in that case don't be afraid to be carrying a little podge around the mid-section. Once you're happy with the amount of muscle you've built you can start cutting and losing fat then.

17. wow, looking great keep it up, such a huge change since I last posted in this thread.

post some workout logs so we can see your training now.

18. Quote Originally Posted by carnivalhobo View Post
    wow, looking great keep it up, such a huge change since I last posted in this thread.

post some workout logs so we can see your training now.
    thanks. I'll start tuesday.

19. Started bulking two days ago. Eating like crazy right now. The goal is to bulk up for 60 days then cut till summer shows up.

20. still hitting it hard.

21. still at it. i've backed off the calorie restriction lately however I'm still hitting the gym at least 3x per week. Started running. I'll post some pics soon.

HP

22. OK after letting my eating habits get all out of whack I took a picture yesterday and all I can say is ****. OK starting to log again and post pics every two weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

23. Yesterdays workout and food.

Chest, tricepts, abs and cardio

dumbbell press 55x10, 60x10, 65x10x2
    incline dumbbell press 40x10, 50x10x3
    fly machine, 80x10, 90x10, 100x10x2
    tricept extension back to machine 60x10, 70x10, 80x10x2
    single arm reverse push down 30x10x4
    push ups 15x4

ran 3 miles up steep hills (took about 30 min.)

2 hr vigorous sex I count that...

1954 calories (target was 1824)

fat 70g
    carbs 124g
    protein 208g

32/26/42

24. Back in the gym tomorrow after two days off. My schedule is crazy right now.

1800 calories

32/31/32

25. still going strong. been cutting a bit lately. started some cross fit. at 225 lbs trim and loving life.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 01:29 PM
  2. Starting First Cycle at 18 years old
    By bradknapp2012 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-09-2010, 07:45 PM
  3. Starting over after 3 years...
    By Boss_K in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 02:03 AM
  4. 42 years old