1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.84%

Transformation - looking for help advice and comments

Hello all

Its time for me to 100% focus and accomplish my bodybuilding goals! To begin the process, starting today, I am taking my 20 yr old 6'1 frame from 188lbs @18-19% bf to 200lbs @ 15% bf by september 30, 2010. This is my short term goal for the next year.

I have been lifting on and off for about 4 years now and eating "better" for the last year (meaning 6 meals, healthier foods, aware of my macros).

My plan is to cut down to 180 at 15%ish and start cleanly bulking from there. I realize that I will probably need to cut a little bit to get back to 15% at the end but I want to minimize that time.

Looking at my goals, does this plan sound good? should I start bulking now and cut it all later? is there a faster way to get to a natural 200@ 15%? any suggestions at all are appreciated.

I will also post pics.
    Once my plan is set I will start a log and look for your support!

thanks everyone

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.84%

pics

Best I could do ... these are as of today.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.51%

Did u get tested? Cuz u def don't look 18% bf. I'm at 12 and I only look a little less flabby. Ur prob near 15-16 percent.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.32%

I suck at the bf% guessing game.

Dude you could do better than that in a year span.

I think March 2009 I was around 20-22%bf. Today I am around 9% and dropping quick.

I haven't deviated from my diet but for 2 weeks on a much needed re-feed and getaway from the gym.

I got stuck many times, and there were many weeks where I was busting my ass but not making any progress.

The Ultimate Diet 2.0 by lyle mcdonald really changed my world. It got me back on the right track. If you want to drop the fat and build muscle in the fastest way possible, UD 2 could potentially be your answer.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.51%

^^ very true. I think you can do better than that. I know I posted in a another thread that I was 155, 15% bf at 5'8 in April. Today I got the BF and Weight checked again and I'm 175 & 12% bf. That was just me eating a crap load more but mostly busting my but in the gym. I recently started paying attention to maintainance cals, HIIT, and just started ECA a little over a week ago. Everything is in check and I'm waiting for results.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.84%

I got tested using bodpod. Anyone heared of that? This was in May and I was 195 @ 20% ....

sonicwaste- that sounds like the UD really worked for you. where you on it the entire time? Did you at least maintain your muscle mass and strength?

vpdman- what did your diet look like? or just anything and everything ha?
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.32%

Quote Originally Posted by ketms View Post
    I got tested using bodpod. Anyone heared of that? This was in May and I was 195 @ 20% ....

sonicwaste- that sounds like the UD really worked for you. where you on it the entire time? Did you at least maintain your muscle mass and strength?

vpdman- what did your diet look like? or just anything and everything ha?
    I worked my way in to the UD 2. First started out with moderate carb/high protein/moderate fat... Then a lean gainer... Then a true CKD... Then palumbo diet... Then a TKD... then maintenance into lean gainer... then CKD... then 2 week re-feed... then TKD... Then UD 2.

That was pretty much my transformation/body recomp process. I'm still aiming for around 6-7% bodyfat. Maybe another few weeks. I don't know though.

It's been a long journey for me... But I am very happy.

The UD 2 really surprised me. The shred factor is a 10... But the lean gainer part of the diet is fantastic too. I've definitely gained a nice amount of LBM on the UD 2. It all has to do with the big re-feed, followed by 2 diet variable days. Really promotes lbm gain in short spurts. For me though, I can always gain LBM on restricted calories.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.02%

I'd say you're in the 16-18% BF range so your estimate is not that far off although not as high as you think. I think you have a good base now. You're young and primed for muscle growth. I would say do a clean bulk for a while. Make sure you don't gain too much fat. I would say do that from now until late next spring. you should be able to pack on some quality mass. You will have to EAT like crazy, albeit clean. Oh and don't forget lifting hard and heavy as well. With the right combo, you can ad mass w/o adding much fat. A few lb's of muscle will completely change the shape of your physique. good luck!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.51%

As of two weeks ago I've been on my maintenance cals which is about 2900. I'm doing HIIT 3-4 times a week.

But before that I was getting in about 3000 plus. Over 6 meals.

You will def see progress if u just start working out seriously. I hear great things about UD 2. Always worth a try. I might look into it.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.84%

yeah im wondering if i would be better off just skipping the short cut and start building up now. I just dont want to gain too much fat. I have a bmr of about 1800cal and with my activity level I am about 2800 maint calories (not including exercise). With that being said I was thinking 3500 cal should be a good place to start?
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.32%

I'm a fan of keeping it lean and clean. Diet first, rebound into cLean bulk.

Stay lean when bulking. Stay lean all the time, that's the method.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.02%

Quote Originally Posted by sonicwaste View Post
    I'm a fan of keeping it lean and clean. Diet first, rebound into cLean bulk.

Stay lean when bulking. Stay lean all the time, that's the method.
    agreed. I got into a dirty bulk about 2 years ago and never quite recovered.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.84%

I think Ill be better off dropping a few lbs first. It will only take me 4 weeks or so anyways. ...Any tips on transitioning into a bulk? should i just up my calories to the bulk level? as i posted before i will be around 3500 cal for this and will get down around 2500 to shed a little flab ....
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.81%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You should increase cals in increments of 200-400 or so
    o at a time. Take what ever cals you were losing on and bump them slightly. For a lean bulk, you should keep it to no more than about 2lbs weight gain per week. When you stop gaining at a particular calorie level, bump it again a couple hundred cals.

Take the concept of a leaning diet that when you stall, you have to drop cals a couple hundred to start losing again. For a lean bulk, di the opposite.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 05:52 PM
  2. Advice/Comments
    By mankussm in forum Pics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 12:20 PM
  3. New cycle, comments or advice please
    By anabolicdog in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 08:48 AM
  4. 21 Day Transformation