If you are 8% BF then your fat is negligible and losing 6lb of fat while maintaining muscle would put you down to about 4%. I would have thought this level of BF is only needed for BB competitions and not photo-shoots.
If you want to lose fat while retaining as much muscle as possible then you need to:
- Cut calories so you are on a deficit but not too much of a deficit otherwise you will lose muscle. Carb cycling can work well.
- Increase cardio and incorporate some HIIT cardio into your schedule
- Make sure you get enough protein. This should be at least 1g per lb of bodyweight and 1.5g per lb is better
- Change your weight training to circuit style. Short breaks with higher reps.
- Some people use a diuretic a few days before a shoot to get rid of any excess water and have the hardened/dry look