quick bodyfat reduction?

classic27

I might get a model shoot if I can lose 6 or more pounds of bodyfat while retaining muscle. The catch is that I have a month to do this. What would be the best way to go about this. Training, cardio, diet, ect.... I just dont want to shrink up to nothing. I am currently weight training 4 days a week. My cardio has been 10-20 mins a couple times a week. My diet has not been great but I am thinking about doing something like oat meal and whole eggs for breakfast, protein shakes as snacks, 1/2 cup rice broc & lean turkey for lunch, and the samething for dinner but with a small lean steak instead. My stats are currently 165lbs with a little over 8 percents bodyfat.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
If you are 8% BF then your fat is negligible and losing 6lb of fat while maintaining muscle would put you down to about 4%. I would have thought this level of BF is only needed for BB competitions and not photo-shoots.

If you want to lose fat while retaining as much muscle as possible then you need to:

- Cut calories so you are on a deficit but not too much of a deficit otherwise you will lose muscle. Carb cycling can work well.
- Increase cardio and incorporate some HIIT cardio into your schedule
- Make sure you get enough protein. This should be at least 1g per lb of bodyweight and 1.5g per lb is better
- Change your weight training to circuit style. Short breaks with higher reps.
- Some people use a diuretic a few days before a shoot to get rid of any excess water and have the hardened/dry look

OutWorkU

Awards
definitely diet and hiit, cut carbs in the beginning, then up carbs the final days to add fullness to your muscles and deplete water the last day or so. I believe potassium can help you do this as well as a diuretic like mentioned above.

classic27

If you are 8% BF then your fat is negligible and losing 6lb of fat while maintaining muscle would put you down to about 4%. I would have thought this level of BF is only needed for BB competitions and not photo-shoots.

If you want to lose fat while retaining as much muscle as possible then you need to:

- Cut calories so you are on a deficit but not too much of a deficit otherwise you will lose muscle. Carb cycling can work well.
- Increase cardio and incorporate some HIIT cardio into your schedule
- Make sure you get enough protein. This should be at least 1g per lb of bodyweight and 1.5g per lb is better
- Some people use a diuretic a few days before a shoot to get rid of any excess water and have the hardened/dry look
4% sounds about right. My friend had no more that 4% when he was aproached to model after a bb comp. That same friend is the one who is trying to hook me up with modeling but keeps telling me that I am too fat. I acually helped him diet for the show but he is naturally so lean that it was easy. He had got tested at around 5% bodyfat before he even started dieting.

classic27

Thank you men. I dont know what I was looking for here. I will just diet my ass off and do lot of cardio and hiit. I just dont know if I can cut that fast without losing a lot of muscle.

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
i agreed with everything but this. still train heavy to keep that dense muscle tisue. while circuit training will help keep the hr higher u will b more likly to lose valuable muscle tissue. heavy trainin till the end!

darkvard

Awards
I think 8% would be enough for a photo shoot what kind of photo shoot is it?