quick bodyfat reduction?
- 09-08-2009, 08:13 PM
quick bodyfat reduction?
I might get a model shoot if I can lose 6 or more pounds of bodyfat while retaining muscle. The catch is that I have a month to do this. What would be the best way to go about this. Training, cardio, diet, ect.... I just dont want to shrink up to nothing. I am currently weight training 4 days a week. My cardio has been 10-20 mins a couple times a week. My diet has not been great but I am thinking about doing something like oat meal and whole eggs for breakfast, protein shakes as snacks, 1/2 cup rice broc & lean turkey for lunch, and the samething for dinner but with a small lean steak instead. My stats are currently 165lbs with a little over 8 percents bodyfat.
- 09-09-2009, 07:41 AM
If you are 8% BF then your fat is negligible and losing 6lb of fat while maintaining muscle would put you down to about 4%. I would have thought this level of BF is only needed for BB competitions and not photo-shoots.
If you want to lose fat while retaining as much muscle as possible then you need to:
- Cut calories so you are on a deficit but not too much of a deficit otherwise you will lose muscle. Carb cycling can work well.
- Increase cardio and incorporate some HIIT cardio into your schedule
- Make sure you get enough protein. This should be at least 1g per lb of bodyweight and 1.5g per lb is better
- Change your weight training to circuit style. Short breaks with higher reps.
- Some people use a diuretic a few days before a shoot to get rid of any excess water and have the hardened/dry look
- 09-09-2009, 11:40 AM
definitely diet and hiit, cut carbs in the beginning, then up carbs the final days to add fullness to your muscles and deplete water the last day or so. I believe potassium can help you do this as well as a diuretic like mentioned above.
09-09-2009, 06:56 PM
09-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Thank you men. I dont know what I was looking for here. I will just diet my ass off and do lot of cardio and hiit. I just dont know if I can cut that fast without losing a lot of muscle.
09-09-2009, 08:49 PM
09-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By bigrob21 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 19Last Post: 04-03-2014, 08:41 PM
- By prophet469 in forum Weight LossReplies: 14Last Post: 07-03-2007, 03:52 PM
- By prophet469 in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 2Last Post: 05-11-2007, 01:10 AM
- By eGhost in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 13Last Post: 06-02-2006, 01:58 PM
- By arbiterdbol in forum SupplementsReplies: 18Last Post: 05-20-2006, 04:24 PM