loose skin help

LanceRomance1

Awards
Hey people, So here is the deal i was a fat kid and through high school i played sports and got into health. I lost weight and got into weight lifting. Now 5 years after graduation i am still religiously workout and lift but i have this little bit of excess skin that hangs down just a bit. What can i do about it? I feel like it is always gonna be there. is the only way to get surgery to have a little skin taken off? are there creams that tighten up the skin? Please help in any way! thanks

LanceRomance1

Awards
add

Ohh and the skin im talking about is the belly!

kimerathon

Awards
Well, you can try this:

Use one of those blue rubber belts (I think they are called waist trimmers) when you workout and use it throughout the day, but here is the trick. Rub Preparation H all over your abdominal area before you do so, the heat it produces will make you sweat and will have the skin stick to your muscle, a friend used to do it 2 months before competition to have the skin tight, give it a try.

sonicwaste

Awards
Well, you can try this:

Use one of those blue rubber belts (I think they are called waist trimmers) when you workout and use it throughout the day, but here is the trick. Rub Preparation H all over your abdominal area before you do so, the heat it produces will make you sweat and will have the skin stick to your muscle, a friend used to do it 2 months before competition to have the skin tight, give it a try.
I've heard of this too. I am afraid of running in to a similar problem. I am cutting down under 9% down to 6-7-8%... Only problem is there is some skin that is starting to feel like it's getting loose.

So I too am curious to hear some more ideas about loose skin.

OutWorkU

Awards
I dealt with this as well, a while back. Skin has a natural elasticity to it. Just keep on dieting down and the loose skin should eventually disappear/snap back. In my experience, it seems that pockets of fat collect under that loose skin causing it to hang. burn that fat and no more hanging skin. Usually what appears to be loose skin only, still contains some fat.

I went from 265 to 180 and had loose skin but I noticed that the more time past and the less BF I had, the less prominent the loose skin was.

tstinson

Awards
Hang in there give yourself a chance for the skin to tighten it will if you stick to your diet and exercise. Tell yourself surgery is not an option!

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I dealt with this as well, a while back. Skin has a natural elasticity to it. Just keep on dieting down and the loose skin should eventually disappear/snap back. In my experience, it seems that pockets of fat collect under that loose skin causing it to hang. burn that fat and no more hanging skin. Usually what appears to be loose skin only, still contains some fat.

I went from 265 to 180 and had loose skin but I noticed that the more time past and the less BF I had, the less prominent the loose skin was.
I've been dealing with this issue, damn near my whole life.

OutWorkU

Awards
I've been dealing with this issue, damn near my whole life.
trust me, I know. All I can say is that eventually, the skin will snap back after a period of time, as long as you keep losing fat. if you simply maintain or your BF % yo-yo's, then it will not snap back and you may need surgery. the other caveat is if you were very overweight for a very long period of time. If that's the case, then the skin my have lost its elasticity and you'll need surgery. A lot of stretch marks would be a sign of that (in addition to growing too quickly).

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
maybe a topical cream would be best? i'd shoot Dsade a PM and see if he knows of a product - he's the guy that probably makes what you are looking for...

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
. the other caveat is if you were very overweight for a very long period of time. If that's the case, then the skin my have lost its elasticity and you'll need surgery. A lot of stretch marks would be a sign of that (in addition to growing too quickly).
That's where I lie. I was 270lbs when I was in middle school. I started dieting in preparation for freshman football :) I weight lifted a lot, and crash dieted. I dropped from 45%bf to 12%. I could never get my skin to refresh itself.

jb562

Awards
I also have a small problem as well, went from 260 - 176 and it kind of hung from the belly to. Started lifting hard, gained 25 lbs. and it started tightning up. than I got obsessed and pissed that it was still there and started mixing in cardio with weights, it tightend up a little more. Now you can only notice it when I sit down or bend over, there's still a little bit there though! 2 weeks ago I went and bought some "after pregnancy" skin firming lotion with vit. E, I heard to look for anything that has an antioxident in it, and use twice a day, after your shower and before bed, just dont let your belly be dry and keep the cream on! I'll let you know how the rest goes, good luck to ya brotha and dont let it get ya down!!!

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Another combo worth mentioning, that has helped, is Eviscerate and Flawless. Both by RPN.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
-MVP- Weight Loss 3
-MVP- Weight Loss 3
Evomuse 8
Weight Loss 5
Weight Loss 1