loose skin help

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.5%

loose skin help

Hey people, So here is the deal i was a fat kid and through high school i played sports and got into health. I lost weight and got into weight lifting. Now 5 years after graduation i am still religiously workout and lift but i have this little bit of excess skin that hangs down just a bit. What can i do about it? I feel like it is always gonna be there. is the only way to get surgery to have a little skin taken off? are there creams that tighten up the skin? Please help in any way! thanks

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.5%

add

Ohh and the skin im talking about is the belly!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.25%

Well, you can try this:

Use one of those blue rubber belts (I think they are called waist trimmers) when you workout and use it throughout the day, but here is the trick. Rub Preparation H all over your abdominal area before you do so, the heat it produces will make you sweat and will have the skin stick to your muscle, a friend used to do it 2 months before competition to have the skin tight, give it a try.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.64%

Quote Originally Posted by kimerathon View Post
    Well, you can try this:

Use one of those blue rubber belts (I think they are called waist trimmers) when you workout and use it throughout the day, but here is the trick. Rub Preparation H all over your abdominal area before you do so, the heat it produces will make you sweat and will have the skin stick to your muscle, a friend used to do it 2 months before competition to have the skin tight, give it a try.
    I've heard of this too. I am afraid of running in to a similar problem. I am cutting down under 9% down to 6-7-8%... Only problem is there is some skin that is starting to feel like it's getting loose.

So I too am curious to hear some more ideas about loose skin.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.24%

I dealt with this as well, a while back. Skin has a natural elasticity to it. Just keep on dieting down and the loose skin should eventually disappear/snap back. In my experience, it seems that pockets of fat collect under that loose skin causing it to hang. burn that fat and no more hanging skin. Usually what appears to be loose skin only, still contains some fat.

I went from 265 to 180 and had loose skin but I noticed that the more time past and the less BF I had, the less prominent the loose skin was.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.85%

Hang in there give yourself a chance for the skin to tighten it will if you stick to your diet and exercise. Tell yourself surgery is not an option!
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by OutWorkU View Post
    I dealt with this as well, a while back. Skin has a natural elasticity to it. Just keep on dieting down and the loose skin should eventually disappear/snap back. In my experience, it seems that pockets of fat collect under that loose skin causing it to hang. burn that fat and no more hanging skin. Usually what appears to be loose skin only, still contains some fat.

I went from 265 to 180 and had loose skin but I noticed that the more time past and the less BF I had, the less prominent the loose skin was.
    I've been dealing with this issue, damn near my whole life.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.24%

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    I've been dealing with this issue, damn near my whole life.
    trust me, I know. All I can say is that eventually, the skin will snap back after a period of time, as long as you keep losing fat. if you simply maintain or your BF % yo-yo's, then it will not snap back and you may need surgery. the other caveat is if you were very overweight for a very long period of time. If that's the case, then the skin my have lost its elasticity and you'll need surgery. A lot of stretch marks would be a sign of that (in addition to growing too quickly).
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

maybe a topical cream would be best? i'd shoot Dsade a PM and see if he knows of a product - he's the guy that probably makes what you are looking for...
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.57%

Quote Originally Posted by OutWorkU View Post
    . the other caveat is if you were very overweight for a very long period of time. If that's the case, then the skin my have lost its elasticity and you'll need surgery. A lot of stretch marks would be a sign of that (in addition to growing too quickly).
    That's where I lie. I was 270lbs when I was in middle school. I started dieting in preparation for freshman football I weight lifted a lot, and crash dieted. I dropped from 45%bf to 12%. I could never get my skin to refresh itself.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.67%

I also have a small problem as well, went from 260 - 176 and it kind of hung from the belly to. Started lifting hard, gained 25 lbs. and it started tightning up. than I got obsessed and pissed that it was still there and started mixing in cardio with weights, it tightend up a little more. Now you can only notice it when I sit down or bend over, there's still a little bit there though! 2 weeks ago I went and bought some "after pregnancy" skin firming lotion with vit. E, I heard to look for anything that has an antioxident in it, and use twice a day, after your shower and before bed, just dont let your belly be dry and keep the cream on! I'll let you know how the rest goes, good luck to ya brotha and dont let it get ya down!!!
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.57%

Another combo worth mentioning, that has helped, is Eviscerate and Flawless. Both by RPN.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Loose skin problem! Please help!
    By QuaDe86 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 02:52 PM
  2. Why is my skin so loose on my body???
    By TheBreeze in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 06:06 PM
  3. Loose Skin help?
    By Gooma1 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 01:38 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 01:19 AM
  5. Loose Skin? Read Me...
    By Blown_SC in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13