19 and cutting with anabolic pump?

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
hey guys i've been bulking for a while now and i'm up to around 177 but i'm also around 15%b/f i'd imagine. I'd like to get into single digit b/f and start bulking again and i'm thinking about using the nutraplanet anabolic pump/pslin sale to help me out. what do you guys think about a 19yr old taking those supps? i know how to plan my diet, and i'll ramp up the intensity of my workouts by doing 15-20 reps rather than 6-12 and i'll throw in cardio 3-4x a week as well. thanks in advance

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing a cut too. Ater reading all the hype about Anabolic pump, i bought it and used it myself...I started to call it Crapabolic pump because the only effect i got was crapping a lot. As far as muscle pumps, fat loss etc... i didn't see anything that was contributed by AP.

But that's just me. I've heard about others getting amazing results from it. Like the ones on the USP labs website.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey guys i've been bulking for a while now and i'm up to around 177 but i'm also around 15%b/f i'd imagine. I'd like to get into single digit b/f and start bulking again and i'm thinking about using the nutraplanet anabolic pump/pslin sale to help me out. what do you guys think about a 19yr old taking those supps? i know how to plan my diet, and i'll ramp up the intensity of my workouts by doing 15-20 reps rather than 6-12 and i'll throw in cardio 3-4x a week as well. thanks in advance
At years old you don't need to use such products, IMO. Fat Loss is more ain your diet and training. As far as training goes, 6-12 reps (depending on the body-part) is fine to use, as long as you are lifting as heavy as possible and having minimal recovery (i.e. 30-90 seconds) between sets. You can also start doing supersets, trisets, giant sets, etc., to make it more intense. Doing "endurance" reps is not going to help you lose fat any better. You're best training heavier and lower rep and adding in HIIT cardio 3-4 times a week for ~20 minutes a session; and making sure that your diet is spot on for fat loss for YOU.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
yea, i figured i was at the age where i didn't need to get into those supps yet. but i figured i'd ask. after talking to some friends though i believe i will bulk until around the end of my spring semester, and then do a large cut before summer.

scott2hott99

Awards
At years old you don't need to use such products, IMO. Fat Loss is more ain your diet and training. As far as training goes, 6-12 reps (depending on the body-part) is fine to use, as long as you are lifting as heavy as possible and having minimal recovery (i.e. 30-90 seconds) between sets. You can also start doing supersets, trisets, giant sets, etc., to make it more intense. Doing "endurance" reps is not going to help you lose fat any better. You're best training heavier and lower rep and adding in HIIT cardio 3-4 times a week for ~20 minutes a session; and making sure that your diet is spot on for fat loss for YOU.
I agree with you for the most part but even at 19(my age also) sometimes losing fat isnt as easy as a good diet and lifting...metabolism and genes still play a big part, IMO. this coming from a guy who should probably be on thyroid medication :sigh1:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with you for the most part but even at 19(my age also) sometimes losing fat isnt as easy as a good diet and lifting...metabolism and genes still play a big part, IMO. this coming from a guy who should probably be on thyroid medication :sigh1:
Losing fat is as hard or as easy as you choose to make it, IMO.

You can only know that you "should" if you have had blood tests and they indicate a problem. Otherwise, yes, knowing what you are doing re nutrition and training is generally all you need at such ages (and even at older ages as well), especially if you don't have a solid training base and a good knowledge of nutrition and supplements.

For information on nutrition and training for fat loss see The 3 Keys to Fat Loss.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

scott2hott99

Awards
Losing fat is as hard or as easy as you choose to make it, IMO.

You can only know that you "should" if you have had blood tests and they indicate a problem. Otherwise, yes, knowing what you are doing re nutrition and training is generally all you need at such ages (and even at older ages as well), especially if you don't have a solid training base and a good knowledge of nutrition and supplements.
Ya i really do need to get tested again. Problem is I dont quite have the money for it right now and my parents dont want me to. But i will get it done in the near future. I got tested when i was 13-14 and i was close to being diagnosed with hypothyroidism and ive now found out this was on the old scale which is .5-5 (not sure about the .5) and the new one is .3-3 so i would of been over the limit. but anyways good luck on the cut will da beast.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya i really do need to get tested again. Problem is I dont quite have the money for it right now and my parents dont want me to. But i will get it done in the near future. I got tested when i was 13-14 and i was close to being diagnosed with hypothyroidism and ive now found out this was on the old scale which is .5-5 (not sure about the .5) and the new one is .3-3 so i would of been over the limit. but anyways good luck on the cut will da beast.
You can NOT go on what your results were 5-6 years ago. Your body changes a lot in that period of time. Do not make assumptions based on what you were when you were 13-14 years old; assumptions can lead to poor decisions and mistakes.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
appreciate it bro. i've never been tested for anything like that though. what type of blood tests do they do to test it? is it just general stuff or do you have to ask for it specifically. i'd like to go get myself checked to see if the way i've been eating for the past few years has is hurting me at all lol.

scott2hott99

Awards
You can NOT go on what your results were 5-6 years ago. Your body changes a lot in that period of time. Do not make assumptions based on what you were when you were 13-14 years old; assumptions can lead to poor decisions and mistakes.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Can your thyroid really change that much? Not being a smart *** I was just under the impression that it was one of those things that didnt fluctuate greatly aside from being on a big decrease of calories. Your probably right though i will definitely get that tested very soon. And im still only 19 so im not doing any PH's or anything just trying to switch around the way i eat accordingly.

And Will Da Best there are alot of tests they can do. I dont believe they would do them at just a normal physical or checkup. The test that i was referring to is the TSH test. I think its the most common and they usually do it before doing any other tests for possible thyroid disorders.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
appreciate it bro. i've never been tested for anything like that though. what type of blood tests do they do to test it? is it just general stuff or do you have to ask for it specifically. i'd like to go get myself checked to see if the way i've been eating for the past few years has is hurting me at all lol.
You would get a general blood test. Your thyroid is covered in it.

Specifically, looking at the thyroid:
* TSH
* T3
* T4

Can your thyroid really change that much? Not being a smart *** I was just under the impression that it was one of those things that didnt fluctuate greatly aside from being on a big decrease of calories. Your probably right though i will definitely get that tested very soon. And im still only 19 so im not doing any PH's or anything just trying to switch around the way i eat accordingly.
Yes, it can. A lot can happen in a few years, especially if you change the way you exercise or have been eating or have any hereditary disorders (that may not show until later), etc.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

scott2hott99

Awards
Yes, it can. A lot can happen in a few years, especially if you change the way you exercise or have been eating or have any hereditary disorders (that may not show until later), etc.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Alright thanks a bunch! I have changed my diet and exercise quite a bit. By hereditary disorders you mean like if my father has hypothyroid?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright thanks a bunch! I have changed my diet and exercise quite a bit. By hereditary disorders you mean like if my father has hypothyroid?
Hereditary is anything that you were BORN with, not something that can happen as a result of your lifestyle. Sometimes hereditary diseases/issues are not obviously apparent at birth and can present later in your development.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT