6-pack abs after surgery

  1. 6-pack abs after surgery


    Im tired of trying to lose the last ten pounds and wondering if anyone here has had the 6-pack ab surgery?

    jk... haha... I guess not all Canadians are funny


    I read an article recently in an "Inside fitness" magazine in a medical waiting room (hence the reason I cannot give a direct quote), but it was saying that if you have had surgery which penetrates your abdominal muscles you can never have a six pack.
    Ive had gastro-intestinal surgery 7 years ago, and the scar runs from 1-1/2 inches above my belly button, to 4 inches below it.

    So in your opinion(s) when i get my bf low enough, will i have a six-pack, or will i be stuck with a tiny mound of fat for the rest of my days?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSid View Post
    Im tired of trying to lose the last ten pounds and wondering if anyone here has had the 6-pack ab surgery?

    jk... haha... I guess not all Canadians are funny


    I read an article recently in an "Inside fitness" magazine in a medical waiting room (hence the reason I cannot give a direct quote), but it was saying that if you have had surgery which penetrates your abdominal muscles you can never have a six pack.
    Ive had gastro-intestinal surgery 7 years ago, and the scar runs from 1-1/2 inches above my belly button, to 4 inches below it.

    So in your opinion(s) when i get my bf low enough, will i have a six-pack, or will i be stuck with a tiny mound of fat for the rest of my days?
    Ive not had that type of surgery but did have appendix took out which left huge scar and i feel its effected my lowest ab on right from showing its best no matter what i do.

  3. Same here John!
    •   
       


  4. Yeah I also had my appendix removed a few years ago but I still have the muscle definition there's just a big scar there preventing it from looking spotless.

  5. When I read the article it sounded like complete bs to me.

    But for the last two weeks Ive been doing a serious cut, and right after my cardio sessions I can see the top two ab muscles, but there is a ring of fat that goes from love handle to love handle, and directly to either side of my scar there is a more noticeabvle amount of fat deposited. **** I hope I can get rid of it.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSid View Post
    When I read the article it sounded like complete bs to me.

    But for the last two weeks Ive been doing a serious cut, and right after my cardio sessions I can see the top two ab muscles, but there is a ring of fat that goes from love handle to love handle, and directly to either side of my scar there is a more noticeabvle amount of fat deposited. **** I hope I can get rid of it.
    Goodluck man...Just keep hittn them hard

  7. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSid View Post
    When I read the article it sounded like complete bs to me.

    But for the last two weeks Ive been doing a serious cut, and right after my cardio sessions I can see the top two ab muscles, but there is a ring of fat that goes from love handle to love handle, and directly to either side of my scar there is a more noticeabvle amount of fat deposited. **** I hope I can get rid of it.
    Not sure if this will help but why don't you try a product like RPN flawless to help minimize the scar or if it is really pronounced not sure there is anything you can do. My appendix scar is really small, like 2 inches long (I had a really good surgeon, helps he lived next door!) and has faded noticeably in the 9 years since I had it out.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Not sure if this will help but why don't you try a product like RPN flawless to help minimize the scar or if it is really pronounced not sure there is anything you can do. My appendix scar is really small, like 2 inches long (I had a really good surgeon, helps he lived next door!) and has faded noticeably in the 9 years since I had it out.
    I dont have a problem with the scar, its the possibility of not being able to lose the fat around it that worries me.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSid View Post
    I dont have a problem with the scar, its the possibility of not being able to lose the fat around it that worries me.
    I don't think the scar will effect any fat loss, even near the scar. Fibrotic tissue can adhere to muscle and other tissue if not healed properly, but I doubt it will be impossible to mobilize the adipose surrounding the scar.

    I too have an unsightly scar from my appendectomy 2 years ago. It looks like a little zipper compartment on my lower abdomen, like something I might keep some loose change in or something.
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.

  10. even if you lose the fat, you probably will need to build up the ab muscles to make them more viewable, otherwise you'll just be flat and skinny

  11. Lacroscopic surgery helps with some operations, unforunately not all. While the scarring can be permanent, the muscles and tissues should be able to reheal pretty well back to normal. The fat loss you described sounds typical; the top two abs show up first. The lower ones are much harder to reveal, just keep working at it. You're only two weeks it, it takes getting down into the single digits to reveal the steel!

  12. I highly doubt surgery would affect how fat comes off of you. However, surgery will definitely affect what the muscle (in this case, the abs) looks like.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 04:42 PM
  2. 6 Pack Help!
    By VeganMike in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 09:55 PM
  3. The 6 Pack Bag
    By Chico222 in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 12:21 AM
  4. pSarm/Formadrol Twin Pack (Twin Pack)
    By CorpKiller in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 11:46 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Log in
Log in