Preworkout Supplements While Cutting!?

tstinson

Awards
Is it beneficial to still continue taking muscle, energy, and endurance increasing supplements while cutting rather than bulking? I love the energy I get from pre workouts but will it prolong my fat loss? Is there a specific kind of pre workout supplement made for cutting that isnt necessarily a 'fat burner'?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i like BCAAs ginseng and gingko biloba pre workout with 300mg ALA

im on keto sooo this has been nice

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it beneficial to still continue taking muscle, energy, and endurance increasing supplements while cutting rather than bulking? I love the energy I get from pre workouts but will it prolong my fat loss? Is there a specific kind of pre workout supplement made for cutting that isnt necessarily a 'fat burner'?
Yes, it's still beneficial "to still continue taking muscle, energy, and endurance increasing supplements while cutting". No, using such supplements will NOT prolong your fat loss. And no, there is not "a specific kind of preworkout supplement made for cutting that isn't necessarily a 'fat burner'", but there are several preworkout products that will aid in fat loss, such as RPM and Anadraulic State.

I see no reason why you cannot use preworkout products when cutting. If anything, since most people generally reduce their caloric and/or carbohydrate intake ridiculously when cutting, then such supplements would actually be beneficial for energy, IMO!

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

tstinson

Awards
Yes, it's still beneficial "to still continue taking muscle, energy, and endurance increasing supplements while cutting". No, using such supplements will NOT prolong your fat loss. And no, there is not "a specific kind of preworkout supplement made for cutting that isn't necessarily a 'fat burner'", but there are several preworkout products that will aid in fat loss, such as RPM and Anadraulic State.

I see no reason why you cannot use preworkout products when cutting. If anything, since most people generally reduce their caloric and/or carbohydrate intake ridiculously when cutting, then such supplements would actually be beneficial for energy, IMO!

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Thanks a lot for your input ill look into those products!

itzgambino

Awards
for me personally it helped me step my cut up, because I would always be drained with the calorie deficit and jack3d combined with dominATP gives me that extra umph to crush the weights consistently.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
personally i go with Controlled Labs white flood pre-workout., 0 calories.. no sugars, carbs. many pre-workouts fall in this category..find one you like, try some samples- get one with a good serving to cost ratio.. bcaa's as mentioned intra workout are great as well..find one with no or little carbs as their are several..AXcell from AX is my choice there..

tstinson

Awards
I have a brand new tub of jack3d sitting on my desk I was going to wait on starting a cycle, I guess I can just use that.. The only thing is i Know its not possible, unless your just starting your fat loss, to gain muscle while losing fat you need a surplus in calories for one and a deficit for the other.. I just didn't want it going to waste if I wont be GAINING muscle id still be very happy to retain close to 100% of what I have.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a brand new tub of jack3d sitting on my desk I was going to wait on starting a cycle, I guess I can just use that.. The only thing is i Know its not possible, unless your just starting your fat loss, to gain muscle while losing fat you need a surplus in calories for one and a deficit for the other.. I just didn't want it going to waste if I wont be GAINING muscle id still be very happy to retain close to 100% of what I have.
The number one priority you should have whilst trying to lose fat is to RETAIN AS MUCH MUSCLE MASS AS POSSIBLE. This means that perhaps losing fat at a slower rate than you would ideally prefer. However, whilst losing fat is the goal it, should only be your SECOND priority!

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
To name a few, mesmomorph, jack3d, maniac, RPM.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
If anything, since most people generally reduce their caloric and/or carbohydrate intake ridiculously when cutting, then such supplements would actually be beneficial for energy, IMO!

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Absolutely............I agree that it will add tremendous benefit while cutting.

Antigravity

Antigravity

Awards
Originally Posted by Guejsn
If anything, since most people generally reduce their caloric and/or carbohydrate intake ridiculously when cutting, then such supplements would actually be beneficial for energy, IMO!

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
In general Pre-WO supplements will give you an increase in energy expenditure- which is ultimately what you want when trying to cut, or on a caloric deficit. Pre WO supplements wont get you cut per se, however like Rosie said they will boost your energy levels which would contribute to your cutting goal. Choose the Pre-WO drink of your choice, additionally, you can add ALCAR and/or BCAAs (if your Pre WO supplement doesnt have any) for added FFA Utilization and Anti-Catabolic/Muscle preserving properties respectively.

Best.

manny1519

Awards
no shotgun, 1000 mg vitamin c, 5 g glutamin, 5 g bcaa, 300 mg ala. During my workout i sip on xtend (40 cal, 10 g protein, 3.5 g bcaa and 2.5 g glutamin as well as citrulline malate and 10 mg vitamin b6. Recipe for growth.