Preworkout Supplements While Cutting!?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Answers

Preworkout Supplements While Cutting!?

Is it beneficial to still continue taking muscle, energy, and endurance increasing supplements while cutting rather than bulking? I love the energy I get from pre workouts but will it prolong my fat loss? Is there a specific kind of pre workout supplement made for cutting that isnt necessarily a 'fat burner'?

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

i like BCAAs ginseng and gingko biloba pre workout with 300mg ALA

im on keto sooo this has been nice

3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tstinson View Post
    Is it beneficial to still continue taking muscle, energy, and endurance increasing supplements while cutting rather than bulking? I love the energy I get from pre workouts but will it prolong my fat loss? Is there a specific kind of pre workout supplement made for cutting that isnt necessarily a 'fat burner'?
    Yes, it's still beneficial "to still continue taking muscle, energy, and endurance increasing supplements while cutting". No, using such supplements will NOT prolong your fat loss. And no, there is not "a specific kind of preworkout supplement made for cutting that isn't necessarily a 'fat burner'", but there are several preworkout products that will aid in fat loss, such as RPM and Anadraulic State.

I see no reason why you cannot use preworkout products when cutting. If anything, since most people generally reduce their caloric and/or carbohydrate intake ridiculously when cutting, then such supplements would actually be beneficial for energy, IMO!

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Yes, it's still beneficial "to still continue taking muscle, energy, and endurance increasing supplements while cutting". No, using such supplements will NOT prolong your fat loss. And no, there is not "a specific kind of preworkout supplement made for cutting that isn't necessarily a 'fat burner'", but there are several preworkout products that will aid in fat loss, such as RPM and Anadraulic State.

I see no reason why you cannot use preworkout products when cutting. If anything, since most people generally reduce their caloric and/or carbohydrate intake ridiculously when cutting, then such supplements would actually be beneficial for energy, IMO!

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Thanks a lot for your input ill look into those products!

5. New Member
    Answers

for me personally it helped me step my cut up, because I would always be drained with the calorie deficit and jack3d combined with dominATP gives me that extra umph to crush the weights consistently.

6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  270 lbs.
    Answers

personally i go with Controlled Labs white flood pre-workout., 0 calories.. no sugars, carbs. many pre-workouts fall in this category..find one you like, try some samples- get one with a good serving to cost ratio.. bcaa's as mentioned intra workout are great as well..find one with no or little carbs as their are several..AXcell from AX is my choice there..

7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Answers

I have a brand new tub of jack3d sitting on my desk I was going to wait on starting a cycle, I guess I can just use that.. The only thing is i Know its not possible, unless your just starting your fat loss, to gain muscle while losing fat you need a surplus in calories for one and a deficit for the other.. I just didn't want it going to waste if I wont be GAINING muscle id still be very happy to retain close to 100% of what I have.

8. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tstinson View Post
    I have a brand new tub of jack3d sitting on my desk I was going to wait on starting a cycle, I guess I can just use that.. The only thing is i Know its not possible, unless your just starting your fat loss, to gain muscle while losing fat you need a surplus in calories for one and a deficit for the other.. I just didn't want it going to waste if I wont be GAINING muscle id still be very happy to retain close to 100% of what I have.
    The number one priority you should have whilst trying to lose fat is to RETAIN AS MUCH MUSCLE MASS AS POSSIBLE. This means that perhaps losing fat at a slower rate than you would ideally prefer. However, whilst losing fat is the goal it, should only be your SECOND priority!

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

9. AI Sports Nutrition
    Answers

There have been some good products mentioned here and yes it still be a help running a preworkout during cutting. We have a fairly new product out that costs $26 for 80 servings it is called Maniac.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/a...-servings.html
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

10. Elite Member
    Answers

To name a few, mesmomorph, jack3d, maniac, RPM.
    doing my own thang!

11. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    If anything, since most people generally reduce their caloric and/or carbohydrate intake ridiculously when cutting, then such supplements would actually be beneficial for energy, IMO!

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Absolutely............I agree that it will add tremendous benefit while cutting.

12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Jack3d!

13. New Member
    Answers

Originally Posted by Guejsn
    If anything, since most people generally reduce their caloric and/or carbohydrate intake ridiculously when cutting, then such supplements would actually be beneficial for energy, IMO!

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    In general Pre-WO supplements will give you an increase in energy expenditure- which is ultimately what you want when trying to cut, or on a caloric deficit. Pre WO supplements wont get you cut per se, however like Rosie said they will boost your energy levels which would contribute to your cutting goal. Choose the Pre-WO drink of your choice, additionally, you can add ALCAR and/or BCAAs (if your Pre WO supplement doesnt have any) for added FFA Utilization and Anti-Catabolic/Muscle preserving properties respectively.

Best.

14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

no shotgun, 1000 mg vitamin c, 5 g glutamin, 5 g bcaa, 300 mg ala. During my workout i sip on xtend (40 cal, 10 g protein, 3.5 g bcaa and 2.5 g glutamin as well as citrulline malate and 10 mg vitamin b6. Recipe for growth.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. preworkout supplements
    By double eagle in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 10:30 AM
  2. Preworkout Supplements
    By BBB in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 03:53 PM
  3. Study on Preworkout Supplements and Training
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 03:49 AM
  4. Are preworkout carbs necessary while cutting?
    By CSK in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 01:43 PM
  5. What are must supplements for cutting?
    By Gixxer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 08:04 AM