Frustrating fat loss plateau

TheFox

Awards
So, I have hit a pretty large plateau in my shred plan, and I am at my wits end. Frustration level is 10 out of 10 right now.

I've been switching between palumbo diet, CKD, and TKD. Nothing I have done will bust me through my stalemate. I've tried manipulating macros, calories, cardio sessions, training sessions... The whole nine yards. I follow the diets to T, and manipulate variables that I mentioned to try to get past the rut. Nothing is working.

I've taken cardio sessions from low intensity to HITT. I've done ranges of 1-3 cardio sessions per day. Fasted HIIT, fasted low intensity, low intensity post workout, HIIT post workout, HIIT preworkout, HIIT fasted with low intensity for the second session at night. Every combo you can make between 1-3 cardio sessions mixed with HIIT and low intensity. Weekly cardio has ranged from 3 hours to 14 hours. Just trying to figure out something that will bust the plateau. Weight training is always high intensity.

I've maniuplated my macros to death. I've manipulated calorie intake in every which way I can.

So, now that I have tried all major variations of keto diets, I am thinking of moving back to a carb cycling approach.

Stats: 27 years old, 5'11" 190lbs low 10's body fat percentage. Been stuck here for over a while... Even with ridiculous training/cardio, light/training cardio, etc... Palumbo, TKD, CKD... Still stuck.

So I have devised the only other thing I can think of.

There will be 3 levels of carb intake. Low/Medium/High. The carb intake will be based on my training and cardio sessions.

High Carb day: Legs/Cardio Back/Biceps/Cardio
Medium Carb day: Chest/Triceps/Cardio Shoulders/Cardio
Low Carb day: Cardio only

High Carb Day: 175g carbs, 300g protein, 50g fat
Medium Carb Day: 150g carbs, 275g Protein, 75g fat
Low Carb Day: 50g carbs, 300g protein, 100g fat

Then I will occasionally mix in an extremely low carb day.

Carb sources: rolled oats, steel cut oats, sweet potatoes, ezekiel bread (35 GI), black beans, quinoa

Protein sources: chicken, lean beef, eggs, liquid egg whites, fish, whey, casein

fat sources: almonds, almond butter, fish oil, flax oil, extra virgin olive oil

Of course I spread the macros over 6 meals. Carbs in the morning, pre-workout, and post-workout, and perhaps light carbs with first meal post workout. No carb sources thereafter.

What do you guys think of that? I just feel that after this big halt even with the palumbo, ckd, and tkd... There's just got to be something that works. I've been dieting so long that it's so demoralizing to be stuck at this point.

I'm busting my ass and dieting my ass off... Tons of suffering and determination with very very little results. It's time for a change, just curious who thinks this may be a decent idea.

Regardless I'm going to run it for at least 2 weeks and see how it works. Cardio will be done every day and I will continue to mix between low intensity and HIIT. 2 per day cardio will be done every other day (fasted am and post workout).

Let me know what you think

TheFox

Awards
Another option would be to run the carb days at this rate: 50-100-150, keep the protein at an even 300g each day, and then manipulate the fat macros to fit the difference

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
How long did you run each type of diet? If you only did each for a couple weeks, I don't think you have given them enough time. I assume you know what your total calorie requirements are. You should be at 300-500 less than maintenance calories. Otherwise no matter what plan you choose, if your total calories are too high, then no progress.

IRONPOPE

IRONPOPE

Awards
  • Established
i am a big fan of dropping cals to under 1k for a good stretch with heavy supplements to keep u alive.... that works for me i never lose muscle