10 pounds left

1. Davidlee

10 pounds left

I have about 10 pounds of body fat I want to lose around the mid section (hips, belly button region) Although you can't target where the body burns fat at I was wondering out if someone could give me some advice. I lost about 25 pounds by eating like 1200 - 1500 calories a few months ago. My maintenance calories are 2700, My BMR is 2050, I burn 250 calories 6-7 days a week from walking, and i guess 300 - 500 from lifting 5 days a week. I have gained a little muscle mass and do not want to lose it. I will however lose some of it if I can lose this belly faster. What amount of calories do you recommend I take in to lose the unwanted weight?

2. Davidlee

...?
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

1200-1500 cals will defnitely have you losing muscle. I'd say 2000 would be a good place for you at the lowest - thats 11cals/lb. at 185. You know what's been working for me? Fasted AM HIIT cardio. I go to the track and sprint half of a quarter mile track and jog/walk the other half. Dermatherm target can also help with fat loss from the lower abdomin and the CLA is an excellent product as well.
    Back.... for real this time
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.1%

Quote Originally Posted by Davidlee View Post
    I have about 10 pounds of body fat I want to lose around the mid section (hips, belly button region) Although you can't target where the body burns fat at I was wondering out if someone could give me some advice. I lost about 25 pounds by eating like 1200 - 1500 calories a few months ago. My maintenance calories are 2700, My BMR is 2050, I burn 250 calories 6-7 days a week from walking, and i guess 300 - 500 from lifting 5 days a week. I have gained a little muscle mass and do not want to lose it. I will however lose some of it if I can lose this belly faster. What amount of calories do you recommend I take in to lose the unwanted weight?
    Man, for your height/weight, I'm not too sure about lowering calories like that. I know you want to get rid of what you perceive to be belly chub, but do you really want to be 6'3" and weigh 175? That's downright skinny!

I'd suggest upping your protein and keeping a clean diet, eating frequently, and getting plenty of good fats (especially EPA/fish oil). You can focus on gaining lean tissue and the fat deposits will diminish as you make gains. As your chest grows/muscle bellies expand, it will create a more desirable taper and pull the abdominal skin a little tighter. Basically, forget about the scale and focus on gaining some lean tissue without the overspill from a unclean diet.
    RTR.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.89%

Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Man, for your height/weight, I'm not too sure about lowering calories like that. I know you want to get rid of what you perceive to be belly chub, but do you really want to be 6'3" and weigh 175? That's downright skinny!

I'd suggest upping your protein and keeping a clean diet, eating frequently, and getting plenty of good fats (especially EPA/fish oil). You can focus on gaining lean tissue and the fat deposits will diminish as you make gains. As your chest grows/muscle bellies expand, it will create a more desirable taper and pull the abdominal skin a little tighter. Basically, forget about the scale and focus on gaining some lean tissue without the overspill from a unclean diet.
    Good posting ^^ - I didn't even see you were 6'3". Damn bro, I weight more at 5'9". I mean I'm of the school hit a low bf % before bulking but rubber is right - if you put 3-4 inches on your chest and shoulders you'd probably be happier. Good catch rubber.
    Back.... for real this time
  6. Davidlee

you guys give me a list of clean diet foods? I will eat 2000 cals a day of nothing but the foods you say are best. When I eat 2500-3000 cals I feel fatter and can actually tell after 4-5 days that I added unwanted weight around lower ab area
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.1%

Quote Originally Posted by Davidlee View Post
    you guys give me a list of clean diet foods? I will eat 2000 cals a day of nothing but the foods you say are best. When I eat 2500-3000 cals I feel fatter and can actually tell after 4-5 days that I added unwanted weight around lower ab area
    Dude, there are just too many choices! Eat lean meat/poultry/fish at every meal. If you can't hit your protein requirement with food, then get some whey. Make sure to have good fats throughout the day (natural pb, olive oil, fish oil), and keep an eye on your carb choices. You want to stick to low-glycemic, high-fiber carbs.

It would be easier if you posted your diet... and then have others critique your current food choices.
    RTR.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.22%

Look into EPA fish oils, acetyl L Carnitine, Sesamin Oil and Raspberry ketones. 1200-1500 calories is far too low to expect any kind of gains in muscle mass. I would be eating at least 2000, incorporate some of these supps and do 15 minutes of HIIT followed by 45 minutes steady state cardio 3-5 days a week.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need to lose 10-20 pounds of fat?
    By buckz55 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 09:59 PM
  2. losing 50 pounds
    By blaitz in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 02:00 PM
  3. NEED SOME HELP, last 10 or so pounds
    By rick055 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12