Smuckers SUGAR FREE Preserves

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im lost.

It has 5 carbs per serving but zero sugar.

Well, what type of crabs are there in "Strawberry Preserves" other than Strawberries and/or more sugar (in the non-sugar free variety)?!?!!?

Shouldn't fructose be considered a sugar!?!??!!?!?

At first, I thought a few of the fillers/additives sounded like a fiber source but it says zero fiber/serving. Im lost!

Strawberry Preserves with Splenda | Jam, Jelly, & Preserves | Smucker's Products | Smucker's

Thanks

nevermore507

Awards
Guess it depends on serving size. I may be wrong, but anything under 1g doesnt have to be listed, and since they list 10 cals per serving, I'm guessing the service size is real small. But yeah, fructose is considered a sugar. My cal counter puts 1 med size strawberry at 1g carb/1g sugar. Strange there is no sugar listed at all, even to account for just the strawberry

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
i wouldn't sweat 5grams of carbs..you can burn that off bending over and tying your shoe.. smuckers tastes great and adds a little flavor to help get you through a dismal low or zero carb diet...

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Love it on some whole wheat with natty peanut butter.....great snack and kills a sweet tooth.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the raspberry is phenomenal. I guess it could be maltodextrin? or one of the other complexer carbs to create the jelly. not sure how they get the fructose out tho

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Isn't that screwed up!?!!? Especially for a larger name brand like Smuckers who wouldn't dare risk law suits for incorrect inforrmation.

I mean it's STRAWBERRIES! THere HAS to be sugar in there!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's definitely a labelling loophole. Like Easy mentioned, Maltodextrin could be added, and technically it isn't a sugar. In Canada I often run into "No Sugar Added" jams that add concentrated grape juice instead :/

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dangggg

What kind of carb is Maltodextrin

It's definitely a labelling loophole. Like Easy mentioned, Maltodextrin could be added, and technically it isn't a sugar. In Canada I often run into "No Sugar Added" jams that add concentrated grape juice instead :/