Destined to be the skinny fat kid?

nevermore507

Awards
I'm almost at my wits end. Into week 5 of CKD, and haven't lost a pound since last week! I started out at just over 217, and am hovering around 208-210 the last 2+ weeks. (weighed in @ 210 this morning at the gym). Goal is around 195, and much less bf.

I do my refeeds on Sunday, and back on the wagon Monday, but have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Most calc put my maint cal anywhere from 2800-3000, and I've been around 1800-2100 a day since last week, but dont see to be seeing any results. (until last week I had been up around 2500-2800 until some advice from another member here)

Just started an ECA this morning, so I'm hoping that does SOMETHING for me. My diet is pretty straight (least I think so), and between lifting 3-4 x's a week, and cardio being added in last week, I really dont understand. Are some people just dead set on never dropping the poundage?

Was going to start a log to go along with the ECA, but I'm close to saying F it and running to 5 guys for a chz burger and lg fry...........

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Post your honest diet. Are you logging EVERYTHING you take in on a daily basis everyday? This is way frustrating and time-consuming but when I'm not reaching my goals the first thing I do is put my diet under a very powerful microscope.

nevermore507

Awards
This was everything I ate yesterday: (I keep a log on fitday.com)

I only had about a 30 minute shoulder w/o yesterday as I had to get to work early
2 whole eggs
1 scoop whey
2 slices provolne cheese
3 TB olive oil
9oz ground beef 75/25
about 20 spears of asparagus
1TB natty PB
1989 cal - 145f/30c/139p

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
Are you looking to build muscle or drop fat, as in my experience as an ex skinny fat kid 99.9% of ppl cant do this.

It looks like you could use less fat and more carbs in your diet......they aren't as evil as some ppl make out and pretty much essential for fuelling your workouts.

I'm not huge but ive gone from 170lb 20% + possibly 25! bf to 150lb @ 10-12%bf over the last year or so and lost 4 - 5" off my waist which has done loads for my overall shape and confidence.

My cutting diet example:

Fruit smoothie + 25g whey
100g tinned mackerel + slice of bread
Chicken sandwich (2 slice granary bread + salad)
1 banana 1 apple
5oz fillet steak with 2 portions veg and no carbs in evening
Approx 1800 calories (140p, 200c, 30f)

Plus an extra post workout shake with 50g simple carb and 25g whey on workout days.

Coupled with half hour running or biking 3 days a week and lifting 3 days a week.

This worked for me, is my first post. HOpefully wont get shot down in flames too much.

Good luck

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
Haha, I think i missread your first post "CKD" that explains your diet.....just ignore me!

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps it is time to change it up like Bassguy said. Maybe CKD is not for you and you should try a few more carbs, less fat.

nevermore507

Awards
Someone shoot (better yet, harpoon) me...after 1st day of ECA yesterday, I'm UP 2 pounds....Only 1/2 dosing right now though, 12.5E/100C/81A...want to make sure I;m not too jittery. I forgot my badge at for home, and went to security, and almost yelled at the guy for a new badge cause of the caffeine lol.

CarzyBass, my wife keeps telling me the same thing, and I was thinking about going to a different type diet. Was thinking maybe just carbs pre and post W/O, then mostly protein for the rest of the day, but wanted to see if the ECA with CKD gave me any results. Havent done any cardio since starting the ECA stack...I keep picturing my heart popping out of my chest ala Alien lol. Still a little iffy on the E with this, but wanted to give it a shot, even if short term

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
clenbuterol

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
Iv'e not used ECA, but I would imagine that if you did fasted HIIT in the morning, followed by a bran/oats based breakfast with protein and take your ECA then, followed by any diet you choose to follow your metabolism will be boosted by the HIIT and the ECA and your heart should stay nice and happy inside your chest.

nevermore507

Awards
Iv'e not used ECA, but I would imagine that if you did fasted HIIT in the morning, followed by a bran/oats based breakfast with protein and take your ECA then, followed by any diet you choose to follow your metabolism will be boosted by the HIIT and the ECA and your heart should stay nice and happy inside your chest.
Thats not a bad idea. I like to weigh myself every day, but it seems to be driving me batty. 206 this morning at the gym...down 4 from yesterday. (I got pretty disgusted late yesterday, and totally fell off the wagon. Had potatoes w dinner, and some chips.)

Think I'm going to try that route. I like to push it in the gym, but the CKD makes me feel like sh!t towards the end of the week workouts.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Thats not a bad idea. I like to weigh myself every day, but it seems to be driving me batty. 206 this morning at the gym...down 4 from yesterday. (I got pretty disgusted late yesterday, and totally fell off the wagon. Had potatoes w dinner, and some chips.)

Think I'm going to try that route. I like to push it in the gym, but the CKD makes me feel like sh!t towards the end of the week workouts.
I hear you bro. When CKD or keto after refeed I feel terrible in the gym after 3 or 4 days. Try to eat carbs in the morning if you eat any. Do lifting in the days immediately following refeed. Behave in the afternoon / evening. Then sleep and do fasted cardio HIIT in the mornings on the days youre not lifting. That'll definitely help boost fat loss.

Don't weigh yourself everyday. It is too much. Weight once per week IMO. But don't cheat between weigh-ins.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
people need to research and experiment with their bodys, mine is one of the most stubborn from who ive worked with and what worked for them as compared to whats worked for me

with that said IF you do keto it needs to be modified to fit your style of lifting cardio and refeed habits!

first of all first 2 weeks on any diet mainly keto type you should not have a refeed, at the end of week 2 have your refeed, but only refeed depending on your body fat!!! dont eat like a gluttonus slob if you need to lose 15% bodyfat to get to where u need to be,

my advice, oats in the morning pre workout, and then PWO waxy and then PPWO have a balanced meal with carbs of ur choice until your body fat gets to under 15% for these refeeds i highly suggest not going over 400g carbs that day

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
people need to research and experiment with their bodys, mine is one of the most stubborn from who ive worked with and what worked for them as compared to whats worked for me

with that said IF you do keto it needs to be modified to fit your style of lifting cardio and refeed habits!

first of all first 2 weeks on any diet mainly keto type you should not have a refeed, at the end of week 2 have your refeed, but only refeed depending on your body fat!!! dont eat like a gluttonus slob if you need to lose 15% bodyfat to get to where u need to be,

my advice, oats in the morning pre workout, and then PWO waxy and then PPWO have a balanced meal with carbs of ur choice until your body fat gets to under 15% for these refeeds i highly suggest not going over 400g carbs that day
agreed. you can eat 500 in deficit for 6 days (3000 deficit) and then eat 3000 excess on refeed and break even. If you're not losing consider a balanced macronutrient diet slightly in deficit of maintenance calories.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ill diet at maintence calories on keto or just about. I won't exactly count calories or portions but I figured out what worked for me in terms of protein and fat

nevermore507

Awards
Yeah, for some reason I just dont feel the keto working for me. I dropped a few #'s, but have leveled off the last few weeks, and to be honest, just getting bored with it. And its frustrating as hell reading posts where guys are dropping 5#'s a week.

It seems my maint cal # is lower than the norm. Norm I think is around 3000+, but it feels like I'm closer to 2500, give or take.

Was thinking something along these lines:

Pre w/o:
my reg scoop of no shotgun (on lifting days, o no shotgun on cardio)
post w/o
1 scoop WMS, then 40g of whey along with my E/A. (I figure the no shotgun caffeine is still kicking in after about an hour workout, but add the E if I did cardio) Also itching to use the waxy maize. Bought a big bag months ago, but started the keto, so I hardly use it now.
Some type of lean meat and 40-60 complex carbs for lunch
ECA about 5 hours after the 1st dose
lean meat and green veggies for dinner
casein pre bed

And whey shakes as a snack, or beef jerky during the day. Shooting for around 1800-1900 cals a day. Maybe a cheat meal every 2 weeks or so to keep myself sane.

And thanks for all the responses guys, mucho appreciated!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
in reality if your not on any anabolics a pound a week is probably where u wanna stay to ensure absolute minimum muscle loss