Accu measure an my BF reading

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
Ive had this annoying BF right around my belly button. when I use the Accumeasure calipers where they say, I get 5% (so Im prolly around 6ish i assume leaving room for error.)But when I use it right over where I see fat I get 9% reading.
Heres what gets me, a friend of myn's lower abs show mores o then mine but his BF reading is 9-11%

Any reason for this, I plan to start a bulk in a month anyway, but when I cut again is there anything special I can try, Im always open to new workout routines
Thanks all!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ive had this annoying BF right around my belly button. when I use the Accumeasure calipers where they say, I get 5% (so Im prolly around 6ish i assume leaving room for error.)But when I use it right over where I see fat I get 9% reading.
Heres what gets me, a friend of myn's lower abs show mores o then mine but his BF reading is 9-11%

Any reason for this, I plan to start a bulk in a month anyway, but when I cut again is there anything special I can try, Im always open to new workout routines
Thanks all!
Accumeasure calipers are not that accurate, so anything you get only use as GUIDE as to whether or not you are making progress. Besides, you are going to get a higher reading if you take where you think the fat is, because you will get a higher skinfold; doesn't mean that your bodyfat levels are indicative of that area, since you need to look at the overall pictire and not one point on your body. And you never use the Accumeasure calipers on your lower abs anyways.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT