Considering ECA with CKD, but not sure

nevermore507

Awards
Like the title says. I'm currently just starting week 6 of my CKD, but am only down 10 pounds or so (8 today since yesterday was my refeed). Seems like the big thing is a ECA, but I'm not sure if this is good while running a CKD type diet. Saw a couple posts that seemed to frown on ECA with a keto diet.

Been hovering around 2k-2200 calories a day for the last week or so, but had been up around 2500-2800, which was apparently too much to see any loss. Would you recommend I stick w 2k cal's for now, or try running the ECA along with the current program.

I had been lifting 5-6x a week, but have cut it down to 3-4, with a couple sessions on the evil evil treadmill/bike since I cut the calories. Cardio is always fasted in the am. Workouts are also am, with just CO Shotgun pre, and ON Whey pwo.

nevermore507

Awards
cool, thanks guys. Good luck FF!

Wally world has primatine tabs for about 9 bucks. If I do it, was going to start with 1 tab, 12.5E with 200 caffeine, and the baby aspirin and see what my body feels like. I'm pretty resistant to stims, and I'm a little leary taking anything for anything besides what its used for.

Still tossing the ECA around in my head and unsure if I should go with one of the otc burners like lipo, or xenadrine.

DenDestroys

Awards
If it's any more reassurance to you, I am using an ECA stack during the CKD, and I'm dropping weight nicely. I don't think it's interfering with me being in ketosis at all. If I'm not dropping weight, it usually means I have to drop the calories another 100-200, I just tweak with it to see what works for me. But doing the CKD diet will be very hard, especially on that final depletion diet, I need to feel the effects of the stims just to get me in the gym come Friday.

nevermore507

Awards
My trouble is getting out of bed :p Once I'm up and guzzle some NO Shotgun, I wanna run to the gym lol. Should I drop the shotgun with the ECA stack, or use it in place of the caffeine for the am dose?

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much caffeine is in shotgun again?

Try to limit the eca use while your carbing up. Only thing in this thread I havent seen mentioned just yet.

nevermore507

Awards
How much caffeine is in shotgun again?

Try to limit the eca use while your carbing up. Only thing in this thread I havent seen mentioned just yet.
Ingredients dont exactly say. Redline Energy and Meldown 377mg. The "Caffeine Anhydrous" doesn't have an amount listed. Found another post putting it around 200-220. Not at 50 posts so cant put the link up.

And thanks. Just noticed that mentioned on another board I found searching ECA stack info. Saw some guys skipped the dose altogether on the refeed day, but no one specifically said to skip on the carb up day

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah then just take the shotgun with your E and call it good on those morning doses.

Some guys feel pretty lethargic after a big carb up so they like to use it still. But really the refeeds/carb ups are a good time to lay off so it's more effective when you go back to low carbs again.

nevermore507

Awards
makes sense. I'm usually ready for a nap, but I try and chill out on the carb up day anyway, so this works out.

Autobody

Awards
be sure that you take potassium or at least get enough through your diet when taking ECA while on keto diets.

nevermore507

Awards
be sure that you take potassium or at least get enough through your diet when taking ECA while on keto diets.
Havent heard that before. Does the E affect potassium levels?