Scivation Diet

bubble boy

Awards
Anyone follow the Scivation Cut diet and workout routine? I'm more concerned about the diet part but am also looking at the routine.

Any comments on the diet would be apprecieated before I start

dayday87

Banned
Awards
For those that don't know it, care to explain?

bubble boy

Awards
For those that don't know it, care to explain?

You should look at their site if your not familiar with it but in a nut shell
It's basically a high protein, high good fats and carb cycling. I'm not good with figuring a good diet for myself other than eating clean and consistantly. They have a reload day of carbs only, no protein. Lots of veggies. Nothing extraordinary but different from what I typically see. I would like to try it but was hoping for some feedback first.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you were asking me I would like to know how it worked for you and if you did the training portion as specified. Basically any feedback good or bad and any changes to the diet you suggest etc.
Both the cut diet, and CHA diets are good IMO. Like you said nothing too ground breaking, just solid meal plans.

I like the modified CHA, with carbs post workout.

I don't follow the training.

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
I used to wonder about this diet also. it seemed to make sense to me that using both energy sources at the same time was excess energ. I then asked Dave Pulumbo is his opinion of keeping fats and carbs seperate as fuel sources and his response was that Protein and fat were responsible for building muscle and therefore should be included in every meal. Carbs are used to fuel the process so they should be used as needed. No need to seperate for muscle growth. For fat loss he suggested cutting carbs altogether. I dont agree with everything he says but hes right on the money the majority of the time.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I used to wonder about this diet also. it seemed to make sense to me that using both energy sources at the same time was excess energ. I then asked Dave Pulumbo is his opinion of keeping fats and carbs seperate as fuel sources and his response was that Protein and fat were responsible for building muscle and therefore should be included in every meal. Carbs are used to fuel the process so they should be used as needed. No need to seperate for muscle growth. For fat loss he suggested cutting carbs altogether. I dont agree with everything he says but hes right on the money the majority of the time.
Scivation recommends fats with carbs(when consuming them).IIRC. When you do the carb refeed meals, you eat ONLY carbs and fat. For instance in my PWO meal, it is Pro/carb/fat. The rest of my meals just pro/fat. So it seems like palumbo is agreeing with them.

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
Scivation recommends fats with carbs(when consuming them).IIRC. When you do the carb refeed meals, you eat ONLY carbs and fat. For instance in my PWO meal, it is Pro/carb/fat. The rest of my meals just pro/fat. So it seems like palumbo is agreeing with them.

hmm I just went back to double check what you said, and your right. i must have been thinking of a different diet protocol and gotten them mixed up.. my bad. :doh:

bubble boy

Awards
Both the cut diet, and CHA diets are good IMO. Like you said nothing too ground breaking, just solid meal plans.

I like the modified CHA, with carbs post workout.

I don't follow the training.

Thanks for the feedback, sounds worth trying. Have you used their recommended supps as well? comments?

bubble boy

Awards
I just take Bcaa's, creatine mono, and protein.

Those are my standards as well. Also, I haven't looked at it too closely yet but I noticed there is also a Lifestyle cut diet, I had been looking at and thinking of following the cut diet vol. 4. Which one have you used? Thanks again!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Those are my standards as well. Also, I haven't looked at it too closely yet but I noticed there is also a Lifestyle cut diet, I had been looking at and thinking of following the cut diet vol. 4. Which one have you used? Thanks again!
CHA.