Hman's cutting up! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Hman's cutting up!

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.

do you do HIIT hman?
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    do you do HIIT hman?
    For the most part, I like to run outside too just jogging. After workouts I do Hiit for 15 mins. Thanks for the ladies G! I will have to post some up in a bit. My logs have to have a abundance of hot ladies!
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Up the fat I'd say. Get in some whole eggs. Toss in some blueberries with breakfast. I aint the diet-king like Sir Snag, but that's what I have to say. - And ditch the deli meat, bro, if that's what you mean when you say 8oz turkey. That stuff is garbage.

You shouldn't be losing too much size with that diet. Lots of protein in there. It's either all in your head, or your cardio is too intense. Your loss of strength is mostly going to be due to low glycogen. No worries.
    Its probably in my head cause my mom says my midsection looks alot leaner and my muscles still seem pretty well defined.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Its probably in my head cause my mom says my midsection looks alot leaner and my muscles still seem pretty well defined.
    I can't ask my Mom that stuff. I get all those stupid freaking responses, "Oh, you look great just the way you are." - And then my Dad would call me "funny" if I asked him to tell me...Funny meaning gay.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

I can't ask my Mom that stuff. I get all those stupid freaking responses, "Oh, you look great just the way you are." - And then my Dad would call me "funny" if I asked him to tell me...Funny meaning gay.
    Oh don't worry she makes fun of me at times.lol
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Up the fat I'd say. Get in some whole eggs. Toss in some blueberries with breakfast. I aint the diet-king like Sir Snag, but that's what I have to say. - And ditch the deli meat, bro, if that's what you mean when you say 8oz turkey. That stuff is garbage.

You shouldn't be losing too much size with that diet. Lots of protein in there. It's either all in your head, or your cardio is too intense. Your loss of strength is mostly going to be due to low glycogen. No worries.
    Why do you say deli meat is garbage?
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I think he's refering to the packaged meats, loaded with salt/preservatives.
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    I think he's refering to the packaged meats, loaded with salt/preservatives.
    Isn't it all the same? Aren't the cuts from the deli just like the packaged stuff? - The only kind I ever buy is the low-sodium roast beef, and that's on a rare occasion. I wouldn't ever make it part of my diet.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

all right..

if we utilized AnabolicPump, we could structure carb intake differently..
    but just utilizing your diet (which is a good one btw), we could make the following tweaks:
    throw in 3g fish oil w/ meals 1 & 6
    add in some grapefruit for breakfast
    2 Recreate + 1g L-carnitine upon rising, eat 30min later
    also, 2 RC + 1g L-carnitine 30min preWO
    BCAA support thruout workout
    get some carbs in postWO -- some brown rice, oats, or even rice cakes (the no-sugar ones, of course)
    have last feeding @1.5-2hrs prior to bed; at bedtime, take in BCAA's + 1g L-carnitine (I use 2 scoops Xtend, so 7g BCAA's)

every 3rd day, add in a 7th meal prior to bed (no BCAA's/carnitine these nights):
    1 large banana
    6-8oz sweet potato
    2 cups broccoli
    1.5-2 cups oats
    this will keep the thyroid regulated naturally, kicking into gear on the hi-carb nights to fuel further fat-loss, while aiding recovery/muscle retention as well.
    I will make the adjustments i can but don't have the money to buy more supps right now. I have a birthday coming up at the end of the month so I will be getting some supps then but until that I am strapped. What is your reason for the grapefruit snag? Does it have added benefits to fat loss?
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Isn't it all the same? Aren't the cuts from the deli just like the packaged stuff? - The only kind I ever buy is the low-sodium roast beef, and that's on a rare occasion. I wouldn't ever make it part of my diet.
    I will drop it if you guys think its garbage. It seems good to me though I only get low sodium breast meat but what ev.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I will drop it if you guys think its garbage. It seems good to me though I only get low sodium breast meat but what ev.
    Meh. I guess it's no big deal. I just don't dig all the preservatives in it. I just assume buy turkey meat and cook it up. Slice it up and shred it to make a sandwich out of it...or even a salad.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Meh. I guess it's no big deal. I just don't dig all the preservatives in it. I just assume buy turkey meat and cook it up. Slice it up and shred it to make a sandwich out of it...or even a salad.
    The only reason i use it is because it is easy and I have to have something on the go at work.
  13. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I will make the adjustments i can but don't have the money to buy more supps right now. I have a birthday coming up at the end of the month so I will be getting some supps then but until that I am strapped. What is your reason for the grapefruit snag? Does it have added benefits to fat loss?
    grapefruit is my fruit of choice for cutting.
    Grapefruit is an excellent source of many nutrients and phytochemicals, able to contribute to a healthy diet. Grapefruit is a good source of vitamin C,[11][21] pectin fiber,[22] and the pink and red hues contain the beneficial antioxidant lycopene.[11][23] Studies have shown grapefruit helps lower cholesterol[11][24] and there is evidence that the seeds have high levels of antioxidant properties.[25] Grapefruit forms a core part of the "grapefruit diet", the theory being that the fruit's low glycemic index is able to help the body's metabolism burn fat.[26]
    hell, you might even want to try the beef & grapefruit diet for awhile, till those supps can be put in place.
    8oz lean 93% or leaner beef + 1/2 grapefruit, 6x daily.
    run it for 5-7 days, see what happens..
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I wouldn't live off it, for sure..

no doubt, the best choice is your fresh cuts of meat..cook some up and pre-pack portions for a couple days at a time.
    can of tuna works and a couple eggs works well for a 'go' meal too.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

That SuperCuts 3 has the grapefruit extract in it. I'd prefer the blueberries + Graperfruit extract over just the grapefruit.
  16. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

blueberries and bananas are my menu for non-cutting periods..
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

grapefruit is my fruit of choice for cutting.

hell, you might even want to try the beef & grapefruit diet for awhile, till those supps can be put in place.
    8oz lean 93% or leaner beef + 1/2 grapefruit, 6x daily.
    run it for 5-7 days, see what happens..
    Really? even eat it at night? What is that combo supposed to do? Shed weight and water?
  18. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Really? even eat it at night? What is that combo supposed to do? Shed weight and water?
    yep, even at night.
    I don't know why it works, but it does..tremendous for shedding lbs and water both, I get rock hard after a little beef & gf run! (no homo)
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.

Doesn't something in grapefruit have to do with repartitioning nutrients? For some reason I thought i remembered a supplement with grapefruit something or other in it.
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Very interesting I will have to be trying that out. It doesn't sound like it would go well with each other though.
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    Doesn't something in grapefruit have to do with repartitioning nutrients? For some reason I thought i remembered a supplement with grapefruit something or other in it.
    grapefruit has a whole host of benefits..
    has an impact on metabolism..
    contains HCA, which is in a boatload of fat-burners..

HCA is an acronym for Hydroxy Citric Acid. Its purported effects are to inhibit the conversion of fat by blocking the enzyme ATP citrate lyase and to decrease appetite. Garcinia Cambogia is the standardized herb of HCA. Naringin is NOT the same as HCA (carcinia cambogia) but it is isolated from grapefruit. Naringin is an inhibitor of an enzyme that is responsible for metabolizing caffeine and has been shown to possibly prolong caffeine's fat burning effects.
  22. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Very interesting I will have to be trying that out. It doesn't sound like it would go well with each other though.
    actually, they go very well together -- better than you think!
    kind of addictive..
  23. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

a little background on 'the grapefruit diet':
    Though the grapefruit diet originated in the 1930s, it came to popularity in the 1970s, when it was erroneously propagated through Xeroxlore as "the Mayo Clinic Diet", though the Clinic has no connection to the diet and how the connection started is unclear. The diet significantly limits the amount of fruits and vegetables one eats while encouraging meat intake; the combination of these high-fat, high-cholesterol foods with grapefruit is claimed to burn fat. Although the number of days in the diet varies, it generally involves a set number of days on the diet followed by two "break" days.[1] It was re-popularized in the 1980s and nicknamed the "10-day, 10-pounds-off diet".[7]

A 2004 study funded by The Florida Citrus Department[5] found that participants lost an average of 3-4 pounds over 12 weeks by eating half a grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice with each meal and exercising regularly; many participants lost more than 10 pounds.[8] It was hypothesized that the grapefruit reduced insulin levels, encouraging fat loss.[5] However, the study involved a healthy diet with the addition of grapefruit, in contrast to a normal "grapefruit diet".[3]
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

a little background on 'the grapefruit diet':
    Very nice snag! Thanks for the info on that little gem we call grapefruit. I am going to try that out for sure. I tried to rep ya, but i haven't been whoring enough.
  25. Registered User

Very nice snag! Thanks for the info on that little gem we call grapefruit. I am going to try that out for sure. I tried to rep ya, but i haven't been whoring enough.

I ate grapefruit every morining and in the afternoon in my last cut, and I got pretty effing ripped!! Of course the rest of my diet, cardio,training, and supplements were on point, but I would have thought the sugar in the grape fruit would be counter productive. SILLY ME! LOL

Needless to say, when ever I do my next cut (been starting every monday so far but still need to start) I will def eat grapefruit during my next cut (when I finallly get my lazy arse motivated). By the way hman, allready looking! (no homo!)
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by swole210 View Post
    I ate grapefruit every morining and in the afternoon in my last cut, and I got pretty effing ripped!! Of course the rest of my diet, cardio,training, and supplements were on point, but I would have thought the sugar in the grape fruit would be counter productive. SILLY ME! LOL

Needless to say, when ever I do my next cut (been starting every monday so far but still need to start) I will def eat grapefruit during my next cut (when I finallly get my lazy arse motivated). By the way hman, allready looking! (no homo!)
    Honestly man you are a big motivation to me . I saw your cut in the pics thread and you did a great job!
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Honestly man you are a big motivation to me . I saw your cut in the pics thread and you did a great job!
    Man, I checked those out. INSANE change for only a 30lb drop in weight. Excellent work my man. I dropped from 220 down to 168 and I wasn't even that ripped.
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Just got back from chest and tri's had a good pump going and I am definitely getting leaner. My weight is sitting at 182. I wasn't very good on the diet this weekend had some drinks at my buddies bday...ehhhh. I am gonna be killing it this week though here are some pics from today
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  29. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Damn bro! Shoulders look nasty!
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    Damn bro! Shoulders look nasty!
    Haha you wanna hear something funny? I have quit working out my shoulders for the past month. They just like to pop.
  31. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Androgens will do that too shoulders over time. Good log hman. Thanks for not linking me when it started.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Androgens will do that too shoulders over time. Good log hman. Thanks for not linking me when it started.
    Lol sorry man I haven't linked anyone What do you mean by androgens making shoulder pop? Just cycles in general? It seems they get enough work from my inclines so i just said I would try a while without doing them. I might throw some side raises after chest sometimes but that be it.
  33. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yeah I was just playing around but in general there are more androgen receptors in the shoulders and upper back (if I remember correctly). This is why you will see stare roid users with huge traps/shoulders. It tends to even out though.

You seem to be making some solid progress though.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Looking great, H! Really dicing up. How are those legs?
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Looking great, H! Really dicing up. How are those legs?
    Thanks man. Legs are actually finally starting to get up with the upper body. My legs are bastards when it comes to gaining size(nothing like yours Irish). I will post a pic later of zee wheels. On another note progress isn't going awesome because i have been eating too many carbs while working but I have too. This is my last week doing this job. I start school next week and I am always on point with training and diet when school is going . I am excited for the school. You guys will be seeing a lot of progress starting next week. I am hoping to be sitting at 8% by end of September. I think that is extremely possible.
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

School always helps to keep me on track...Only one semester to go before graduation!
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

School always helps to keep me on track...Only one semester to go before graduation!
    Congrats man!
  38. Registered User

Well damn, thanks! I'm glad my results could help motivate someone!! And thanks IC also! But any who, you are looking effing swole bro!! Great size and fullness, and leaning out nicely. You are gonna look SICK once you get a tad bit leaner. Will be riding along to see how everything is progressing!
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.

40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by YFZpilot View Post
    Precisely.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 292
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 11:41 AM
  2. Getting Cut With MMv2- HMAN'S FIRST LOG
    By hman85 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 12:09 PM
  3. Hman's Epic Epi Adventure
    By hman85 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 381
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 12:57 PM
  4. JW for cutting?
    By SpoonRiver in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 03:17 PM
  5. Question on Cutting. (First time cutting)
    By jjm in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 11:04 PM