Hman's cutting up!

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Looking good man.. In for this one. The strength loss, is depressing..lol

    Same here, man. There is just something satisfying about being lean over being big. Now, if I could be 250lbs at 10-12% bf, I'd probably take it, but I don't think my genetics would allow me to get even close to that. I'll settle for 180lbs at 6-7% bf.
    Irish, you seem to have some solid genetics man. How hard is it for you to stay that lean? I just want to be 210 @ 10% or so.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    How you diggin the Relora, H? What are you dosing it at? How long ago did you start it? What's your sign? (no hemo)
    I am liking it so far I think it is helping with the trouble spots like stomach and lovehandles!
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post


    Irish, you seem to have some solid genetics man. How hard is it for you to stay that lean? I just want to be 210 @ 10% or so.
    It's not REAL hard for me to stay lean, and I seem to thrive on a cut as I make real good, quick progress; however, the trade off is it's more difficult for me to try to add LBM without putting on a decent amount of fat. I've found that the "slow and steady" approach works best for me.

    210 @ 10% would be nice too.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    It's not REAL hard for me to stay lean, and I seem to thrive on a cut as I make real good, quick progress; however, the trade off is it's more difficult for me to try to add LBM without putting on a decent amount of fat. I've found that the "slow and steady" approach works best for me.

    210 @ 10% would be nice too.

    I feel the same way. I feel like the human body (or at least for most people) has very little problem getting big. However, it does have a problem with getting big and staying lean. Therefore, I also like the slow and steady approach to bulking.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    It's not REAL hard for me to stay lean, and I seem to thrive on a cut as I make real good, quick progress; however, the trade off is it's more difficult for me to try to add LBM without putting on a decent amount of fat. I've found that the "slow and steady" approach works best for me.

    210 @ 10% would be nice too.
    Low & slow, like cooking ribs.

    You're actually a lot more patient then I am. I inherently take the marathoners approach when trying to add muscle, but when it comes to shedding fat, I'm very ADD. I drop too quickly and I do pay the price, but my mind goes to a different place when I'm in a genuine cut mode. I become over-concerned with the fat loss and under-concerned about the muscle loss as a result of a fast acting cut.

    I have the opposite problem, its easy for me to maintain 210-215lbs, relatively lean and damn near impossible for me to hold 190lbs, respectfully lean, and I prefer being in the 190's.

    Keep it up Hman!

    I agree with IC's earlier comment, your shoulders & bi's are looking stacked.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    It's not REAL hard for me to stay lean, and I seem to thrive on a cut as I make real good, quick progress; however, the trade off is it's more difficult for me to try to add LBM without putting on a decent amount of fat. I've found that the "slow and steady" approach works best for me.

    210 @ 10% would be nice too.
    I am the same exact way. I can diet and after 12 weeks be down only about 15lbs bc I've kept my LBM but bulking is a different story. I'm too impatient about adding mass bc it SHOULD be easier! You usually hear people bitch about not being able to lose weight,lol.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    It's not REAL hard for me to stay lean, and I seem to thrive on a cut as I make real good, quick progress; however, the trade off is it's more difficult for me to try to add LBM without putting on a decent amount of fat. I've found that the "slow and steady" approach works best for me.

    210 @ 10% would be nice too.
    For me to stay under 10% for a long time, id likely need to be eating 1300cals, and doing 5hrs of cardio a week(maybe more)

  8. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    For me to stay under 10% for a long time, id likely need to be eating 1300cals, and doing 5hrs of cardio a week(maybe more)
    Man that sucks hard. I could stay at about 8% taking in 2k cals/day and doing no cardio. Gaining LBM is real hard for me, though. It comes and goes. 170-175lbs seems to be the sweet spot for me; meaning I can hold that weight and be pretty lean relatively easily. Anything above that is hard for me to hold on to.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Man that sucks hard. I could stay at about 8% taking in 2k cals/day and doing no cardio. Gaining LBM is real hard for me, though. It comes and goes. 170-175lbs seems to be the sweet spot for me; meaning I can hold that weight and be pretty lean relatively easily. Anything above that is hard for me to hold on to.
    Ya, it blows. heh

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Man that sucks hard. I could stay at about 8% taking in 2k cals/day and doing no cardio. Gaining LBM is real hard for me, though. It comes and goes. 170-175lbs seems to be the sweet spot for me; meaning I can hold that weight and be pretty lean relatively easily. Anything above that is hard for me to hold on to.
    Same once I get lean I can eat alot and stay that way, but to stay super lean cardio is neede at least 3x a week.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    For me to stay under 10% for a long time, id likely need to be eating 1300cals, and doing 5hrs of cardio a week(maybe more)
    Preach it
    NSCA - CSCS

  12. Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Same once I get lean I can eat alot and stay that way, but to stay super lean cardio is neede at least 3x a week.
    May I suggest fasted resistance training? It's like killing two goats with one dipstick.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    May I suggest fasted resistance training? It's like killing two goats with one dipstick.
    NOW THAT'S THINKING WITH YOUR DIPSTICK JIMMY!!!!!

  14. Ok well the weight keeps dropping. I have lost about 10 lbs since the beginning but it seems that it can't all be fat. I hate losing muscle or the thought of it. what is everyones out look on this. I have lost bodyfat but but it seems that if i had lost 10lbs of fat i woul be looking alot leaner than i am. What to do?

  15. I think the no-carb thing is really messing with you. It makes you look like crap and kills muscle tone. I'm on the TKD thing right now and even with that I look a little flat. How's your strength?

    Man, do everything you can to not lose muscle. I've cut down before drug-free with little-to-no muscle loss, so I plan on doing it again. You were with me for that ride.

    I think often times people on a cut hit the weights way too hard. I think to preserve your muscle you need to take it a little easier in the gym. That's why I always do full-body a few times a week and only an exercise or two for each muscle group. Less hypertrophy and less recovery time. the less eenergy expenditure the better.

  16. Think about it...

    You're trying to lose weight, not gain it, so don't train like you're trying to pack on muscle. You're trying to KEEP your strength, not increase it (although it often happens in the process ).

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I think the no-carb thing is really messing with you. It makes you look like crap and kills muscle tone. I'm on the TKD thing right now and even with that I look a little flat. How's your strength?

    Man, do everything you can to not lose muscle. I've cut down before drug-free with little-to-no muscle loss, so I plan on doing it again. You were with me for that ride.

    I think often times people on a cut hit the weights way too hard. I think to preserve your muscle you need to take it a little easier in the gym. That's why I always do full-body a few times a week and only an exercise or two for each muscle group. Less hypertrophy and less recovery time. the less eenergy expenditure the better.
    Dude strength is dropping on some workouts but not hardly on others. I think that the carbs just gives me not enough energy. It seems that everytime i cut strength comes back quickly once i introduce carbs back in. I am just wondering if i get down to the real leaness that i want I might lose some serious size. What was your diet last time you got really shredded? Check out my pics again irish and give me your idea on how many pounds you think I would need to lose to get down to 7-8%? (doesn't have to be spot on but just a ballpark idea)

  18. ~12-15lbs, maybe. That's basing off of 7%.

    My diet last time I got real diced was basically what I'm doing right now, but not as restrictive. I had carbs in the morning regardless of if it was a workout day or not; however, I am pretty certain overall calories were lower than they are for me now.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    ~12-15lbs, maybe. That's basing off of 7%.

    My diet last time I got real diced was basically what I'm doing right now, but not as restrictive. I had carbs in the morning regardless of if it was a workout day or not; however, I am pretty certain overall calories were lower than they are for me now.
    What were the amount of carbs in the morning? also was that your only carbs in the day? postworkout? I might try this tkd diet but we will se.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    What were the amount of carbs in the morning? also was that your only carbs in the day? postworkout? I might try this tkd diet but we will se.
    I think it was around 60-80g, and yes, those were my only carbs during the day.

    I got real lean again around this past Christmas, but I still couldn't lose that bottom layer of fat around my lower abdomen. I hope to rid myself of that on this cut.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I think it was around 60-80g, and yes, those were my only carbs during the day.

    I got real lean again around this past Christmas, but I still couldn't lose that bottom layer of fat around my lower abdomen. I hope to rid myself of that on this cut.
    That last little bit is always rediculously stubborn for me. The best results I have had with getting rid of that last bit of fat was through a cortisol controlling agent along with my fat burner... I have trouble focusing when I drop my carbs as low as you guys do.

    How long do you guys usually run your cuts? 12 weeks? 16?
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    That last little bit is always rediculously stubborn for me. The best results I have had with getting rid of that last bit of fat was through a cortisol controlling agent along with my fat burner... I have trouble focusing when I drop my carbs as low as you guys do.

    How long do you guys usually run your cuts? 12 weeks? 16?
    Usually until the job is done. The longest I've cut for is about 8 months. I lost ~60lbs. Recently, my cuts/recomps have lasted more like 2-3 months.

  23. I am just running mine until I get to where I want to be, and that time is not here yet!

  24. Good day fellow am'ers! I am about to get to the gym and hit chest and tri's. I will be doing lower reps and higher weight to hold onto my strength but will keep the volume down a bit.Cardio after is a must and will be doing some later today as well since i didn't get mine in this morning. I have a good feeling about my progress this week.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Good day fellow am'ers! I am about to get to the gym and hit chest and tri's. I will be doing lower reps and higher weight to hold onto my strength but will keep the volume down a bit.Cardio after is a must and will be doing some later today as well since i didn't get mine in this morning. I have a good feeling about my progress this week.
    Dude my workout sucked today in terms of strength (awesome in terms of kicking my butt). I could hardly push any weight at all towards the end of it. I'm basically cruising from this past week thru this week, and then I'll probably get back on a heavy-load routine like yourself.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    That last little bit is always rediculously stubborn for me. The best results I have had with getting rid of that last bit of fat was through a cortisol controlling agent along with my fat burner... I have trouble focusing when I drop my carbs as low as you guys do.

    How long do you guys usually run your cuts? 12 weeks? 16?
    Which cortisol product would you recommend? Supress-C looks interesting, but the deal on LX+AlphaBurn looks nice too. All I've been using for cortisol is VitC.

    How about this...

    LX+AlphaBurn
    RK-500
    Speed V2

  27. I've yet to use suppress-c .

    Lean Xtreme was my favorite. I loved the leanX DCP stack.
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.

  28. never seen an Hman log..
    in, dude..let's get peeled!

  29. Alright guys I have a problem. I do this every time I try to get really diced. My weight keeps dropping but I don't seem to be much leaner in my ab love handle area. Thats were I hold the majority of my fat I have dropped 10lbs(+-2lbs) and it seems that that amount of weight dropped should have me looking much leaner than i am. I am not sure what to do. Am I losing muscle? Or do I just have a lot more fat to lose than i thought? I am sick of this, I can't seem to get this last section off. waist seems to be sitting around the same size but a little smaller. What should i do guys?

  30. How are you dosing Relora?
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 292
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 01:41 PM
  2. Getting Cut With MMv2- HMAN'S FIRST LOG
    By hman85 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 02:09 PM
  3. Hman's Epic Epi Adventure
    By hman85 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 381
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 02:57 PM
  4. JW for cutting?
    By SpoonRiver in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 05:17 PM
  5. Question on Cutting. (First time cutting)
    By jjm in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Log in
Log in