Hman's cutting up!

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    For me to stay under 10% for a long time, id likely need to be eating 1300cals, and doing 5hrs of cardio a week(maybe more)
    Preach it
    NSCA - CSCS

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Same once I get lean I can eat alot and stay that way, but to stay super lean cardio is neede at least 3x a week.
    May I suggest fasted resistance training? It's like killing two goats with one dipstick.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    May I suggest fasted resistance training? It's like killing two goats with one dipstick.
    NOW THAT'S THINKING WITH YOUR DIPSTICK JIMMY!!!!!
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

Ok well the weight keeps dropping. I have lost about 10 lbs since the beginning but it seems that it can't all be fat. I hate losing muscle or the thought of it. what is everyones out look on this. I have lost bodyfat but but it seems that if i had lost 10lbs of fat i woul be looking alot leaner than i am. What to do?
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

I think the no-carb thing is really messing with you. It makes you look like crap and kills muscle tone. I'm on the TKD thing right now and even with that I look a little flat. How's your strength?

Man, do everything you can to not lose muscle. I've cut down before drug-free with little-to-no muscle loss, so I plan on doing it again. You were with me for that ride.

I think often times people on a cut hit the weights way too hard. I think to preserve your muscle you need to take it a little easier in the gym. That's why I always do full-body a few times a week and only an exercise or two for each muscle group. Less hypertrophy and less recovery time. the less eenergy expenditure the better.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

Think about it...

You're trying to lose weight, not gain it, so don't train like you're trying to pack on muscle. You're trying to KEEP your strength, not increase it (although it often happens in the process ).
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

I think the no-carb thing is really messing with you. It makes you look like crap and kills muscle tone. I'm on the TKD thing right now and even with that I look a little flat. How's your strength?

Man, do everything you can to not lose muscle. I've cut down before drug-free with little-to-no muscle loss, so I plan on doing it again. You were with me for that ride.

I think often times people on a cut hit the weights way too hard. I think to preserve your muscle you need to take it a little easier in the gym. That's why I always do full-body a few times a week and only an exercise or two for each muscle group. Less hypertrophy and less recovery time. the less eenergy expenditure the better.
    Dude strength is dropping on some workouts but not hardly on others. I think that the carbs just gives me not enough energy. It seems that everytime i cut strength comes back quickly once i introduce carbs back in. I am just wondering if i get down to the real leaness that i want I might lose some serious size. What was your diet last time you got really shredded? Check out my pics again irish and give me your idea on how many pounds you think I would need to lose to get down to 7-8%? (doesn't have to be spot on but just a ballpark idea)
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

~12-15lbs, maybe. That's basing off of 7%.

My diet last time I got real diced was basically what I'm doing right now, but not as restrictive. I had carbs in the morning regardless of if it was a workout day or not; however, I am pretty certain overall calories were lower than they are for me now.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

~12-15lbs, maybe. That's basing off of 7%.

My diet last time I got real diced was basically what I'm doing right now, but not as restrictive. I had carbs in the morning regardless of if it was a workout day or not; however, I am pretty certain overall calories were lower than they are for me now.
    What were the amount of carbs in the morning? also was that your only carbs in the day? postworkout? I might try this tkd diet but we will se.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

What were the amount of carbs in the morning? also was that your only carbs in the day? postworkout? I might try this tkd diet but we will se.
    I think it was around 60-80g, and yes, those were my only carbs during the day.

I got real lean again around this past Christmas, but I still couldn't lose that bottom layer of fat around my lower abdomen. I hope to rid myself of that on this cut.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I think it was around 60-80g, and yes, those were my only carbs during the day.

I got real lean again around this past Christmas, but I still couldn't lose that bottom layer of fat around my lower abdomen. I hope to rid myself of that on this cut.
    That last little bit is always rediculously stubborn for me. The best results I have had with getting rid of that last bit of fat was through a cortisol controlling agent along with my fat burner... I have trouble focusing when I drop my carbs as low as you guys do.

How long do you guys usually run your cuts? 12 weeks? 16?
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    That last little bit is always rediculously stubborn for me. The best results I have had with getting rid of that last bit of fat was through a cortisol controlling agent along with my fat burner... I have trouble focusing when I drop my carbs as low as you guys do.

Usually until the job is done. The longest I've cut for is about 8 months. I lost ~60lbs. Recently, my cuts/recomps have lasted more like 2-3 months.
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

I am just running mine until I get to where I want to be, and that time is not here yet!
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

Good day fellow am'ers! I am about to get to the gym and hit chest and tri's. I will be doing lower reps and higher weight to hold onto my strength but will keep the volume down a bit.Cardio after is a must and will be doing some later today as well since i didn't get mine in this morning. I have a good feeling about my progress this week.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

Good day fellow am'ers! I am about to get to the gym and hit chest and tri's. I will be doing lower reps and higher weight to hold onto my strength but will keep the volume down a bit.Cardio after is a must and will be doing some later today as well since i didn't get mine in this morning. I have a good feeling about my progress this week.
    Dude my workout sucked today in terms of strength (awesome in terms of kicking my butt). I could hardly push any weight at all towards the end of it. I'm basically cruising from this past week thru this week, and then I'll probably get back on a heavy-load routine like yourself.
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

Which cortisol product would you recommend? Supress-C looks interesting, but the deal on LX+AlphaBurn looks nice too. All I've been using for cortisol is VitC.

How about this...

LX+AlphaBurn
    RK-500
    Speed V2
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.99%

I've yet to use suppress-c .

Lean Xtreme was my favorite. I loved the leanX DCP stack.
  18. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

never seen an Hman log..
    in, dude..let's get peeled!
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

Alright guys I have a problem. I do this every time I try to get really diced. My weight keeps dropping but I don't seem to be much leaner in my ab love handle area. Thats were I hold the majority of my fat I have dropped 10lbs(+-2lbs) and it seems that that amount of weight dropped should have me looking much leaner than i am. I am not sure what to do. Am I losing muscle? Or do I just have a lot more fat to lose than i thought? I am sick of this, I can't seem to get this last section off. waist seems to be sitting around the same size but a little smaller. What should i do guys?
  20. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.52%

How are you dosing Relora?
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    How are you dosing Relora?
    3 a day. Should I alter this?
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.99%

You ever tried a topical like napalm?
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

You ever tried a topical like napalm?
    No i haven't I had planned on getting some of that and lean extreme and maybe recreate but don't have the money yet. Have you used it? If so did you like the results?
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.99%

Yes and Yes. it helped out a lot around my lower back and love handles. I suggest getting two bottles, I had results with one, but the second month was better.

I liked the LeanX and DCP stack a lot too.
  25. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.52%

3 a day. Should I alter this?
    Well first let me say, Id suggest a topical before upping your Relora. You have 250mg caps right?
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    Well first let me say, Id suggest a topical before upping your Relora. You have 250mg caps right?
    Yes 250mgs.What topical would you suggest?
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.99%

napalm.
  28. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.52%

I agree. Napalm seems to be the best route. I've tried Napalm for a week and saw results. Unfortunately my skin did not like Napalm for whatever reason and I had to discontinue.
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

Naplam it is. I will have to wait a bit to get it though because I am broke and I want to get that and lean extreme and adipo-x or recreate. So thats what i will do.
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

Naplam it is. I will have to wait a bit to get it though because I am broke and I want to get that and lean extreme and adipo-x or recreate. So thats what i will do.
    Go with Eviscerate, I say. Everyone that liked Napalm seems to enjoy Eviscerate even better. I used Napalm and liked it, but it wasn't a godsend. I was still stuck with the lower abdominal fat.

I'll be doing a LeanX, AlphaBurn, Eviscerate, and Adipo X stack.

I used Recreate and wasn't impressed. It seemed so mild. I really think Adipo X is great stuff.
  31. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

love me some Recreate!
    of course a crack addict like IC would find RC to be 'mild'..you're a stim junkie dude!
    RC is low-stim, but highly effective for fat-loss and muscle-preservation..I'm a fan.
    I was never impressed with my (albeit short) run with topicals. my route is pinpoint diet, solid supp support (big fan of L-carnitine too, can also use some Forslean in addition to RC), and training like a madman!
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    love me some Recreate!
    of course a crack addict like IC would find RC to be 'mild'..you're a stim junkie dude!
    RC is low-stim, but highly effective for fat-loss and muscle-preservation..I'm a fan.
    I was never impressed with my (albeit short) run with topicals. my route is pinpoint diet, solid supp support (big fan of L-carnitine too, can also use some Forslean in addition to RC), and training like a madman!
    Now that you say this, the more I'm second guessing buying another topical. When I was using Napalm and had decent results, my diet was also very low-cal and I was doing tons of cardio.

I agree with the l-carnitine and forslean. I was using that SuperCuts 3 product from Universal along with forslean and had real good results.

I like stims, but I've "grown up" in a sense, and have found plenty better products for weight loss that are non-stimulant based. Stims are sort of the icing for me; just for fun.
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

Did some cardio this morning and will do some more later in the day. I think I am losing weight to fast so I might have to bump up my cals a bit. I am also having am moderate carb day today. I think that I am losing muscle which is something I would like to keep to a minimum. I am really not good at cutting I never know if I am losing muscle of fat its weird. I seem to think it's going well and then I start second guessing myself and wonder if its muscle. I wish I had a bod pod in my house that would help. lol
  34. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

throw out a sample of your daily diet.
    might have a couple ideas for you.
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    throw out a sample of your daily diet.
    might have a couple ideas for you.
    Thanks snag!

meal one-protein shake 5g glutamine, 25gramsworth of oatmeal,2 tbs pb

meal 2-8ounces ground beef, broccoli

meal 3-same or chicken broccoli and almonds

meal 4 - (postworkout) protein shake, 5g'glutamine, 2tb pb

meal 5- steak or beef or chicken and large salad with vinegar olive oil dressing

meal 6- Protein shake 5g glutamine, handfull of almonds

On days I work outside(mowing yards, meals 2 and 3 might be subbed for sandwich on ww bread with 8oz turkey, some mayo (made with olive oil) and mustard
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.99%

Serious lack of T&A round here these days.

Libido Check
    Attached Images Attached Images    
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

Much better than the ones in Met's thread. You must have just been warming up.
  38. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

all right..

if we utilized AnabolicPump, we could structure carb intake differently..
    but just utilizing your diet (which is a good one btw), we could make the following tweaks:
    throw in 3g fish oil w/ meals 1 & 6
    add in some grapefruit for breakfast
    2 Recreate + 1g L-carnitine upon rising, eat 30min later
    also, 2 RC + 1g L-carnitine 30min preWO
    BCAA support thruout workout
    get some carbs in postWO -- some brown rice, oats, or even rice cakes (the no-sugar ones, of course)
    have last feeding @1.5-2hrs prior to bed; at bedtime, take in BCAA's + 1g L-carnitine (I use 2 scoops Xtend, so 7g BCAA's)

every 3rd day, add in a 7th meal prior to bed (no BCAA's/carnitine these nights):
    1 large banana
    6-8oz sweet potato
    2 cups broccoli
    1.5-2 cups oats
    this will keep the thyroid regulated naturally, kicking into gear on the hi-carb nights to fuel further fat-loss, while aiding recovery/muscle retention as well.
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

Thanks snag!

meal one-protein shake 5g glutamine, 25gramsworth of oatmeal,2 tbs pb

meal 2-8ounces ground beef, broccoli

meal 3-same or chicken broccoli and almonds

meal 4 - (postworkout) protein shake, 5g'glutamine, 2tb pb

meal 5- steak or beef or chicken and large salad with vinegar olive oil dressing

meal 6- Protein shake 5g glutamine, handfull of almonds

On days I work outside(mowing yards, meals 2 and 3 might be subbed for sandwich on ww bread with 8oz turkey, some mayo (made with olive oil) and mustard
    Up the fat I'd say. Get in some whole eggs. Toss in some blueberries with breakfast. I aint the diet-king like Sir Snag, but that's what I have to say. - And ditch the deli meat, bro, if that's what you mean when you say 8oz turkey. That stuff is garbage.

You shouldn't be losing too much size with that diet. Lots of protein in there. It's either all in your head, or your cardio is too intense. Your loss of strength is mostly going to be due to low glycogen. No worries.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.17%

Damn, those are nice thongs!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 292
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 01:41 PM
  2. Getting Cut With MMv2- HMAN'S FIRST LOG
    By hman85 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 02:09 PM
  3. Hman's Epic Epi Adventure
    By hman85 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 381
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 02:57 PM
  4. JW for cutting?
    By SpoonRiver in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 05:17 PM
  5. Question on Cutting. (First time cutting)
    By jjm in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 01:04 AM