Another critique my diet thread-need pros only

ps24eva

Awards
MWF-weight training days

1st meal: oatmeal, 3tbpns peanut butter, one tbspn canola oil
protein shake

2nd meal: postworkout quick carbs and whey

3rd meal: chicken breast sandwich (whole wheat bread), side of veggies, side of pasta

4th meal: chicken breast sandwhich, side of veggies

5th meal: oatmeal, 3tbpns peanut butter, one tbspn flax oil
protein shake

6th meal: chicken breast by itself, no carbs because this is my sleepy time meal:)

ps24eva

Awards
Tues Thurs and Sat:

1st meal: chicken breast sandwich, side of veggies, side of pasta

2nd meal: chicken breast sandwich, side of veggies, side of pasta

3rd meal: chicken breast sandwhich

4th meal: oatmeal, 3tbpns peanut butter, one tbspn canola oil
protein shake

5th meal: oatmeal, 3tbpns peanut butter, one tbspn flax oil
protein shake

6th meal: chicken breast by itself, no carbs

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Why are you having fat and carbs in the same meal, repeatedly? You're relying on bread too much. Is this a bulker or cutter?

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
What time is that 5th meal and what time do you go to bed?

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Don't you think it would make sense to eat most of that fat at night along with the chicken, instead of with all those carbs?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Get more low-glycemic index carbs in, you'll enjoy not having to diet forever once you do.. ;)

ps24eva

Awards
Don't you think it would make sense to eat most of that fat at night along with the chicken, instead of with all those carbs?
Fat at night with the chicken?

would that even make any difference though?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Even more? how?
Switch afew of the ones you eat for brown rice, sweet potato, and whole grain breads instead of enriched.. If you eat fat with carbs, you'll store them as fat altogether..

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
Yes bump to pete's response, Fat and Carbs are a no go on a diet specially if you are bulking, one gets used for energy either fat or carb and the other gets stored.

ps24eva

Awards
Switch afew of the ones you eat for brown rice, sweet potato, and whole grain breads instead of enriched.. If you eat fat with carbs, you'll store them as fat altogether..

well my sandwiches are whole wheat bread. THe reason why I have faster carbs like pasta is because the meals are either after workout or early in the day when you need to supply some boost of carbs.

my meals get slower carbs more later in the day.

about the storage as fat comment, I don't find that to be true. I'm leaner than ever, which is a bad thing because I want to bulk.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
well my sandwiches are whole wheat bread. THe reason why I have faster carbs like pasta is because the meals are either after workout or early in the day when you need to supply some boost of carbs.

about the storage as fat comment, I don't find that to be true. I'm leaner than ever, which is a bad thing because I want to bulk.

All your carbs should be low GI, doesn't matter what time(other than post WO). And, unless you defy the laws of thermodynamics, eating carbs+fat in the same meal will lead to fat gain at some point. If you're not gaining weight, eat more.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established

Dude, you asked for a critique "need pros only". You got responses from some of the more knowledgeable people on this board, and you go and doubt what they are telling you? Listen to what they are telling you and check some of the other diets on the boards for ideas.

Good luck with your bulking.

ps24eva

Awards
i'm not doubting

i'm just showing both sides.

thats how people communicate.

I have an affection for my diet as it has brought me a long way.

ps24eva

Awards
can bigpetefox and scotty2 post their diets so I can get some kind of model?

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Bulking for me wold look like this:

Meal 1: 1.5-2 cups oats, 2 cups skim milk, scoop whey, cup cottage cheese

workout
shake-(75g whey, 75g dex)

Meal 2(1 hr after shake)-4oz whole wheat pasta(dry measure), 2 cans tuna, 2 cups skim, 1 scoop whey

Meal 3- 6-7oz chicken, 1.5cup yams

Meal 4- more lean protein(chicken, turkey, tuna, same weight 6-7 oz) 1.5 cups brown rice

Meal 5- 8oz top round, 1-2 tbsp PB

Meal 6(before bed) shake(casein/whey) 2 tbsp flax

All this comes to around 500g pro, 400g carb, and around 100g fat for 4500 cals. This may be too much for you, but, you get the ideas on the meal timing.

soulreaver

Awards
what i learned in school is dat the total ammount of calories is the factor that will decide or you will get fatter or lose fat. never heard about the theory eating carbs an fat apart from each other. in my opinion a good meal contains carbs, fat and protein. can someone explain they're theory behind it?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
what i learned in school is dat the total ammount of calories is the factor that will decide or you will get fatter or lose fat. never heard about the theory eating carbs an fat apart from each other. in my opinion a good meal contains carbs, fat and protein. can someone explain they're theory behind it?
That's meant for sedentary individuals who don't have a high resting metabolic rate, like I do.. ;)

Trust me, eating carbs releases insulin, which shuttles nutrients thru the body, and also has an affinity to fat.. Guess where the left over fats and carbs go when you don't burn them after that insulin spike?

If I'm wrong, please check my update thread in the pics section, I should be obese.. :D

soulreaver

Awards
You look absolutely great bro !! :) well i was just curious,my resting metabolic rate is not very high, i get fat very easy although i can easy put a lot of mass on my frame. Just started cutting for 2 weeks now and i think i'm gonna give it a try. I would be great if it could help me leaning out :)