Diabetic:need insulin spike?

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I'm type1 diabetic, since high glycemic carbs dont cause me to have an insulin spike, should I still take them with creatine? I really dont see any other reason to intake HG carbs.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm abit outta the loop, is Type 1 where you have too much insulin in the bloodstream at times?

Try a high-glycemic carb drink, like Ultra Fuel or Carbo Force.. Nothin' like a good sugar rush before posing.. ;)

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by ironviking
I'm type1 diabetic, since high glycemic carbs dont cause me to have an insulin spike, should I still take them with creatine? I really dont see any other reason to intake HG carbs.
Not exactly sure, but I wouldn't bother then if you won't get a spike anyway, I agree.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
Take your insulin at times like this. (I trust this is post workout, then you should be loading up on carbs and protein, but not for the spike, since your injection will do that for ya)

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Type1 is where my pancreas produces no insulin. Thanks for all replies.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
My buddy is a type-1 diabetic.  I got him to start lifting with me about 5 months ago and this is what I have him do:

Post workout shake = At least 30G carb, 30G protein

Inject x amount of units of humalog.  I don't know what type of insulin you use but this should provide enough insulin to help support an anabolic environment.  Monitor your blood sugar before and after workout to guage insulin dosing.

WYD