Cant do cardio

lrevard

Awards
Hello this is my first forum I am participating in. I need some advice, I recently got surgery on my left foot and I cannot do very many cardio exersises because of the limiting range of motion in my foot.
I am 5'11''
210 lbs
age 22
Bench 365
curl 120
I've been lifting for about 7 months now although I lost some results when I had my surgery. I was wondering if you guys had some good advice for a fat burner that would give me a hand with getting rid of my excess body fat due to by surgery and inability to do popular cardio exersises.
I'm also interested in starting a beginner cycle of some anabolic supplements any suggestions?

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
Diet and change up your wieght lifting routine, you can make lifiting very much a cardio experience.

lrevard

Awards
would you recommend a light weight high rep routine?

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
Some would I am still a fan of lifting heavy with 4 sets per exercise with little to no rest between sets. I like to superset and do drops to keep my heart pumping. Diet is key, can you do the eliptical or bike for some extra burn?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I was going to suggest higher reps and lower weights with little rest in between to use your lifting as a cardio base. Can you do bicycle or the hand bicycle or rowing machine?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, rowing machine would seem to be the trick, or just general calisthenics or stuff like gets done in aerobics classes

lrevard

Awards
i can do eliptical but i tend to get bored very fast on them. but anything with little to no impact on the balls of my feet.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello this is my first forum I am participating in. I need some advice, I recently got surgery on my left foot and I cannot do very many cardio exersises because of the limiting range of motion in my foot.
I am 5'11''
210 lbs
age 22
Bench 365
curl 120
I've been lifting for about 7 months now although I lost some results when I had my surgery. I was wondering if you guys had some good advice for a fat burner that would give me a hand with getting rid of my excess body fat due to by surgery and inability to do popular cardio exersises.
I'm also interested in starting a beginner cycle of some anabolic supplements any suggestions?
You do NOT need to do cardio to lose fat (very popular misconception that it is required). As mentioned you can do your resistance training targeted more towards cardio/endurance/hypertrophy (i.e. circuits, high reps, little or no recovery, full-body, etc.). Or you can do cardio that does not mean moving your foot (i.e. elliptical, cross-trainer, etc.). Even better yet, make sure that your diet is next to perfect for fat loss for YOU. You've only been lifting for 7 months; you do not have a solid training base and most certainly do NOT need anything hormonal; I would not recommend anything but the staples for a new lifter. Eat and train right and you'll be very surprised at how fast you gain back what you lost.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

lrevard

Awards
This is all really great feed back any more advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am currently taking PowerPump for a pre-work-out supplement, but I find that its effects are minimal and do not last long. I have also tried No Xplod, Any other pre workout supplements that I might try?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cardio is REALLY not needed... Honestly... If you diet is right then dont worry about it, i sure dont...