Getting back into wrestling/mma...help appreciated

ZStehlik

Awards
Hey. I'm Zak. Fresh to the board here.

This morning I woke up and went down to the Snap Fitness near my house and got a membership. I am looking to get back into shape and start fighting again. I wrestled from age 12 to 19 and trained 2 years in kickboxing.

But the key thing that I want to do is obviously get back into shape before I start training again.

I am currently 270 pounds. I would like to get down to 205 at first and then hopefully to 185 after that goal is met.

My last skinfold test my senior year of high school said I could get down to 175 and have 7% body fat. I don't believe that will have changed much but if you know that it could and know where I could get a skinfold test done that would be great.

My plan right now is to just start on the elliptical machine to prevent shin splints from occurring due to weight and kinda focus on that before moving over into weight training.

I have recently cut out red meat and pork from my diet and moved over to soy milk instead.

I'm very excited to get back into being healthy and into shape.

So if you have any suggestions as to how much time I should spend on what machines and such it would be much appreciated. I have a tendency of "over-doing" things and I don't wanna go overboard and hurt my body in the long run.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.