need to lose 20lbs NOW!
- 07-24-2009, 07:56 PM
need to lose 20lbs NOW!
whats a great supplement out there that promotes fat loss. I also wanna do cardio bigtime. Would running for 30 minutes at least to start be good enough? Also i need to know a good diet to stick to. Do i stay away from carbs? Also a personal trainer at a gym told me that if i wanna lose weight, cut out all dairy products. Does that sound right?
- 07-24-2009, 07:59 PM
07-24-2009, 08:22 PM
07-24-2009, 09:03 PM
07-25-2009, 12:56 AM
2. If you were to run do not run longer than 30 minutes, since you start becoming catabolic after 30 minutes of running. I would suggest doing 12-20 minutes of running, but at a HIGH INTENSITY 3-4 times a week, but not more (unless you are used to running).
3. You don't need a "diet"; you just need to know what correct nutrition is! Read post #4 at New to forum, need advice....trying to lose weight... it tells you all you need to know re diet for fat loss (applied to males AND females; as does the training advice given)!
4. Do NOT stay away from carbohydrates! You need at LEAST 50-100g of carbohydrates a day to lose fat effectively. Low or elimination carbohydrate diets are not the best way of losing fat, and you can effectively lose fat on HIGH carbohydrates.
5. You do NOT need to cut out all dairy products. In fact, studies have proven that those who have at LEAST two servings of dairy daily lose MORE fat than those who do NOT.
6. It's easy enough to lose 20lb in a few days to a week: just don't eat carbohydrates, use a diuretic, and exercise excessively (I do NOT recommend this!); however, the weight that you lose will be mostly food and water weight (with some muscle) and only a little fat. Which is why I recommend that you do NOT focus too much on losing 20lb (i.e. don't look at the scale weight). You should be more concerned with FAT loss.
07-25-2009, 09:27 AM
07-25-2009, 11:42 AM
i thought Guejsn was from new zealand......now shes in america?
get ready to have your BF % go up
For me, the action IS the juice.
07-25-2009, 12:12 PM
07-25-2009, 12:13 PM
07-25-2009, 12:16 PM
07-25-2009, 06:23 PM
My BF % is NOT going to go up at all (and if you saw how MUCH I ate NOW, then you would understand)! I rarely allow my BF % to get above 9-10% BF.
07-25-2009, 06:44 PM
07-25-2009, 07:21 PM
07-25-2009, 10:05 PM
as you said...it depends on the individuals biological makeup.
I would love to see a study on what the average glucose uptake abillity of a naturally slender person is vs a naturally heavy person...let me google
07-25-2009, 10:19 PM
come on, she said 50-100g A DAY, not per meal. If you call that "high carb eating" then i'm not sure what you'd call low carb
07-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Do you even know what you truly want to do?
Here's a post (in a thread that you created) of yours from a day or so ago...
Do you want to lose weight, or gain it? You seem to flip-flop like a used call girl.
07-25-2009, 10:57 PM
lol yea i see the confusion. I want to lose 20lbs of fat in exchange of muscle mass. When i said bulk upi didnt mean gain fat
07-25-2009, 11:00 PM
yes, and we all want to have ferraris and black friends with helicopters too.
but reality states that if you are a "fluffy" 225 at 5'10", you need to worry about the fat loss for now and just hope the muscle gain comes along with it, not make that a focus
07-25-2009, 11:26 PM
07-26-2009, 12:57 AM
07-26-2009, 03:35 AM
If you want to lose fat and gain muscle, then I suggest that you focus on one or the other and then once you are satisfied with a level that you get to then move onto the next one.
You are always going to gain SOME fat when you "bulk"; it is inevitable; your diet, however, will determine how much you gain, and this can be minimal.
Or you could recomp, as was suggested; but this is a SLOW, long process, and your diet must be manipulated exactly RIGHT!
Similar Forum Threads
- By punxweb in forum Weight LossReplies: 12Last Post: 04-07-2010, 05:17 PM
- By mixedup in forum Weight LossReplies: 45Last Post: 03-31-2010, 09:07 PM
- By rab71 in forum General ChatReplies: 5Last Post: 10-18-2009, 01:56 PM
- By FiReFiGhTeR in forum AnabolicsReplies: 27Last Post: 01-27-2009, 10:06 PM
- By JKurz1 in forum BulkingReplies: 8Last Post: 03-01-2006, 07:11 AM