need to lose 20lbs NOW!

B

basshead42m

Awards
whats a great supplement out there that promotes fat loss. I also wanna do cardio bigtime. Would running for 30 minutes at least to start be good enough? Also i need to know a good diet to stick to. Do i stay away from carbs? Also a personal trainer at a gym told me that if i wanna lose weight, cut out all dairy products. Does that sound right?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
whats a great supplement out there that promotes fat loss. I also wanna do cardio bigtime. Would running for 30 minutes at least to start be good enough? Also i need to know a good diet to stick to. Do i stay away from carbs? Also a personal trainer at a gym told me that if i wanna lose weight, cut out all dairy products. Does that sound right?
http://scivationbooks.com/

CHA diet. Follow that..

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. You do NOT need a supplement for fat loss. Make sure that your DIET and training are targeted towards fat loss and you will see results. Besies, unless you're already relatively lean (i.e. <10% BF for a male and <15% BF for a female) then I would not recommend a fat burner, as it would be pointless.

2. If you were to run do not run longer than 30 minutes, since you start becoming catabolic after 30 minutes of running. I would suggest doing 12-20 minutes of running, but at a HIGH INTENSITY 3-4 times a week, but not more (unless you are used to running).

3. You don't need a "diet"; you just need to know what correct nutrition is! Read post #4 at http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/122489-new-forum-need.html; it tells you all you need to know re diet for fat loss (applied to males AND females; as does the training advice given)!

4. Do NOT stay away from carbohydrates! You need at LEAST 50-100g of carbohydrates a day to lose fat effectively. Low or elimination carbohydrate diets are not the best way of losing fat, and you can effectively lose fat on HIGH carbohydrates.

5. You do NOT need to cut out all dairy products. In fact, studies have proven that those who have at LEAST two servings of dairy daily lose MORE fat than those who do NOT.

6. It's easy enough to lose 20lb in a few days to a week: just don't eat carbohydrates, use a diuretic, and exercise excessively (I do NOT recommend this!); however, the weight that you lose will be mostly food and water weight (with some muscle) and only a little fat. Which is why I recommend that you do NOT focus too much on losing 20lb (i.e. don't look at the scale weight). You should be more concerned with FAT loss.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

IRONPOPE

IRONPOPE

Awards
  • Established
4. Do NOT stay away from carbohydrates! You need at LEAST 50-100g of carbohydrates a day to lose fat effectively. Low or elimination carbohydrate diets are not the best way of losing fat, and you can effectively lose fat on HIGH carbohydrates.
i disagree with number 4. I never heard of anyone trying to get shredded going for a high carb diet. It may work in some people.... but if you have an insulin resistance problem..which is rampant in AMERICA thanks to processed foods and high frutose corn syrup....u wont lose a lb on a high carb diet.

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i thought Guejsn was from new zealand......now shes in america?

get ready to have your BF % go up :D

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i disagree with number 4. I never heard of anyone trying to get shredded going for a high carb diet. It may work in some people.... but if you have an insulin resistance problem..which is rampant in AMERICA thanks to processed foods and high frutose corn syrup....u wont lose a lb on a high carb diet.
I disagree with a few of them as well. Those are some raging generalizations.

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
I disagree with a few of them as well. They are pretty big generalizations.
lol love that

edit: damn you. the funniest part was '' raging ''

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use a very high carbohydrate diet and I am lean and STAY lean and get leaner when I want. It just depends on the individual.

i thought Guejsn was from new zealand......now shes in america?

get ready to have your BF % go up :D
Yes, I am from New Zealand. However, I am in the US for the next 3 months.

My BF % is NOT going to go up at all (and if you saw how MUCH I ate NOW, then you would understand)! I rarely allow my BF % to get above 9-10% BF.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
I use a very high carbohydrate diet and I am lean and STAY lean and get leaner when I want. It just depends on the individual.

Yes, I am from New Zealand. However, I am in the US for the next 3 months.

My BF % is NOT going to go up at all (and if you saw how MUCH I ate NOW, then you would understand)! I rarely allow my BF % to get above 9-10% BF.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

easy tough guy. i was joking around.

IRONPOPE

IRONPOPE

Awards
  • Established
and i bet if your body was tested it would show to be highly sensative to insulin...and your cells dont let nutrients pass them by...they eat it up so there is nothing left over to store as fat...

as you said...it depends on the individuals biological makeup.

I would love to see a study on what the average glucose uptake abillity of a naturally slender person is vs a naturally heavy person...let me google

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
come on, she said 50-100g A DAY, not per meal. If you call that "high carb eating" then i'm not sure what you'd call low carb

B

basshead42m

Awards
lol yea i see the confusion. I want to lose 20lbs of fat in exchange of muscle mass. When i said bulk upi didnt mean gain fat

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes, and we all want to have ferraris and black friends with helicopters too.

but reality states that if you are a "fluffy" 225 at 5'10", you need to worry about the fat loss for now and just hope the muscle gain comes along with it, not make that a focus

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Maybe try recomping... other than that, pick which side you want to focus on (as Easy said), and go with that.
lol yea i see the confusion. I want to lose 20lbs of fat in exchange of muscle mass. When i said bulk upi didnt mean gain fat

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established

lol well you best buy some good anabolics/pro hormones

havoc is a start.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and i bet if your body was tested it would show to be highly sensative to insulin...and your cells dont let nutrients pass them by...they eat it up so there is nothing left over to store as fat...

as you said...it depends on the individuals biological makeup.

I would love to see a study on what the average glucose uptake abillity of a naturally slender person is vs a naturally heavy person...let me google
That's debatable, but this is not about me.

come on, she said 50-100g A DAY, not per meal. If you call that "high carb eating" then i'm not sure what you'd call low carb
I said at LEAST 50-100g per day, yes. And that is FAR from high carbohydrates, yes. HIGH carbohydrates would be having 3-4 times your bodyweight in POUNDS in carbohydrates per day (and this is what I mean by high carbohydrate). 50-100g to me is LOW carbohydrates. <50g daily is VERY low carbohydrates and I would NEVER recommend this (and if it is used, should never be stayed on for long periods of time, or have at least 1-3 very high carbohydrate/calorie days per week).

No way that is going to happen. You canNOT "exchange" fat for muscle and vice versa! Fat cannot turn into muscle, nor can muscle turn into fat. You either lose or gain fat or muscle.

If you want to lose fat and gain muscle, then I suggest that you focus on one or the other and then once you are satisfied with a level that you get to then move onto the next one.

You are always going to gain SOME fat when you "bulk"; it is inevitable; your diet, however, will determine how much you gain, and this can be minimal.

Or you could recomp, as was suggested; but this is a SLOW, long process, and your diet must be manipulated exactly RIGHT!

~Rosie
Team APPNUT