Crazy results!

ahsswimmaster

Awards
So after 8 days of 1200 cals per day of spinch tuna and 40g whey protein....then 2 days of 0 carbs, 100g protein from canned tuna/salmon, 30g Fat Cod Liver Oil. 800cals

Start End
Weight 164. 153
waist at navel. 32in. 31in
bf. 14%. 12%-13%

This was not easy. I used slim xtreme which help a lot and also eviscerate. During the first day of just Tuna and diet I felt weak shakey but also had an out of body feeling occsionly. The last day I felt good my energy was low but I had the coolest workout. During each exercise I could feel every muscle comtract and moving. Especially with my abs. I have never felt this before. Next two days I'm adding in moderate carbs and them I'm starting a ckd.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
so you went 8 days of 1200 cals, then 2 days of 800 cals?

i wonder how much of that 11 lbs you lost was LBM.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
LBM of 164lb at 14%BF = 141lb Lean Mass

LBM of 153lb at 12%BF = 134.6 Lean Mass

Congratulations, you lost about 6 and a 1/2 pounds of lean mass.

That means more than half of the weight you lost was not fat.

Ultra-low calories diets are not the way to go under normal circumstances, as this obviously demonstrates. 6.5lb of LBM for 1-2%BF loss is not a favorable trade-off.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
you dont have to say it so mean resolve.

sheesh.

congratulations and everything

ahsswimmaster

Awards
I understand, but I needed to do this because I'm actual eating healthy with better food choices as a result(I'm at 1800 cals now). This was to kick myself out of old habbits. Also I think a lot of the weight was bloating going away and probably bad food that left my system

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's good that you've raised your cals back up somewhat, and that you are now better able to make healthy food choices. You probably did lose quite a bit of water too.

ahsswimmaster

Awards
I think even if it had been pure muscle, creating new habbits that I stick with is an ok trade off

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
im willing to bet 65% of that was water and glycogen( glycogen is HEAVY im talking 4lbs+ with most people).

he probably only lost a couple lbs of fat, and a couple lbs of muscle ( if that ).

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think even if it had been pure muscle, creating new habbits that I stick with is an ok trade off
Well, there are other less drastic ways to create healthier habits that could actually result in muscle gain.

im willing to bet 65% of that was water and glycogen( glycogen is HEAVY im talking 4lbs+ with most people).

he probably only lost a couple lbs of fat, and a couple lbs of muscle ( if that ).
Glycogen depends upon the size of the person, diet, and genetics too, but you are right, a portion of his weight loss was definitely due to glycogen.

In a starved state, glycogen is the first fuel to be primarily consumed. As it depletes, lipolysis and gluconeogenesis rise to utilize other substrates as energy sources.