Football Player needs help!

tim111762

Awards
hey everyone. im new to this forum and im looking for some advice. im 6'4 280lbs and about 21% body fat. im starting to train for the upcoming football season and i need help getting in shape. im trying to bring down my body fat and build bulk at the same time. ive started lifting weights 3-4 times a week and i run 2 miles 3 days a week. my typical eating schedule is usually 2 meals a day and a protein shake after the gym. ive been eating grilled chicken breasts and a lot of turkey. any advice or lifestyle tips would be awesome.

JDK5386

hey everyone. im new to this forum and im looking for some advice. im 6'4 280lbs and about 21% body fat. im starting to train for the upcoming football season and i need help getting in shape. im trying to bring down my body fat and build bulk at the same time. ive started lifting weights 3-4 times a week and i run 2 miles 3 days a week. my typical eating schedule is usually 2 meals a day and a protein shake after the gym. ive been eating grilled chicken breasts and a lot of turkey. any advice or lifestyle tips would be awesome.
I'd add HIIT into your routine, probably flat out sprints combined with brief rest sessions. This will release anabolic hormones, it will increase your football endurance, and it will make you quicker, which is likely the difference between an OK behemoth high school offensive lineman and a dominant one.

Of course don't neglect the basics - squats, deadlifts, bench, military, rows, and incline - but really I think explosive quickness is dramatically underrated for every position on the offensive and defensive lines. Combine size with good quickness and you should be able to dominate.

tim111762

Awards
i play offensive guard, but only because im heavier than i should be. im naturally a tight end and am trying to get my body fat down and my lean mass up so im still quick without sacrificing size.

JDK5386

You'd have to cut to 250 or lower to play tight end I'm assuming, and that's just not feasible in a few weeks. I had a blast playing guard, tackle, and nose tackle in high school, you just get to be vicious on every down.