Cut Time, need help

wti66stang

Awards
I recently finished running a cycle and am now off the PCT and starting to cut. As of this morning I was 228 at 11.6% BF. I am looking to get into the low 10s high 9s before bulking back up. My current diet plan basically is the Anabolic diet. Im looking for about 220g of protein, 25-30 g of carbs and 167 grams of fat. Do you guys think this is too much?
Also I am running an ECY stack with it, if that makes any differnce. Any help would be appreciated.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
I have no idea how your body metabolizes the fat, it is completely individual. My suggestion for you is to start with those macros, and gauge your process daily/weekly. If you are not losing weight quickly enough, or if you are losing too much, then adjust the fat more accordingly.

Also, I would up the protein to 250 and drop fat accordingly if I were you. Depends on the guidelins you are following. I would think that with your body composition, you will not be converting that protein to excess glucose and you should be fine.

In Di Pasqual's Metabolic Diet (a bit newer than the AD) he suggests just dropping a bit of fat during the cut phase. Obviously don't do it too quickly, start slowly. Hope everything works out, and good luck.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea how your body metabolizes the fat, it is completely individual. My suggestion for you is to start with those macros, and gauge your process daily/weekly. If you are not losing weight quickly enough, or if you are losing too much, then adjust the fat more accordingly.

Also, I would up the protein to 250 and drop fat accordingly if I were you. Depends on the guidelins you are following. I would think that with your body composition, you will not be converting that protein to excess glucose and you should be fine.

In Di Pasqual's Metabolic Diet (a bit newer than the AD) he suggests just dropping a bit of fat during the cut phase. Obviously don't do it too quickly, start slowly. Hope everything works out, and good luck.
nice post lucky. To the OP, like lucky said everyone is different when it comes to metabolism. Is the diet you posted the bulk diet you were doiong on cycle? If so, you need to change your diet to go from gaining to losing weight. If not, what was your bulking diet and how fast were you gaining? The answer to these questions may help in figuring out if your current diet is ideal

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My opinion - Cutting while off cycle and sub 12-13% you should not used a low carb diet.

Traditional bodybuilding diet is really best when trying to keep muscle and get below under 10% especially when you are recently off cycle.

Even carbs / protein, super low fat ect.

wti66stang

Awards
nice post lucky. To the OP, like lucky said everyone is different when it comes to metabolism. Is the diet you posted the bulk diet you were doiong on cycle? If so, you need to change your diet to go from gaining to losing weight. If not, what was your bulking diet and how fast were you gaining? The answer to these questions may help in figuring out if your current diet is ideal
The diet I posted is the one I am currently thinkig of using for my cut phase. I think Lucky is right in increasing the protein to 250 and dropping the fat. During my bulking diet I was eating about 4200 cal a day. During the cycle I was on I gained about 14lbs in 4 and a half weeks. I think the hardest thing for me to figure out is what my total cal intake should be during the cut. I've heard anywhere from 10-14 times my BW, I'm just not sure which I should go with.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
I would just go with the normal route. I mean, yeah you can start at "18xBodyweight" for your maintenance and blah blah blah. But what I would do is not freak the body out too much. Give yourself a place to go. Just cut off 500 calories from where you are at now. So if you are at 4200, drop down to 3700 and keep looking at yourself in the mirror or weighing yourself... gauging your progress is the kep. Don't waste time by waiting an entire week to make adjustments by going this route, you are still at pretty high calories to be "cutting."

Imagine this is a bit of a "re-initiation" phase into a cut. Since you are coming down off your PH and are just finishing post cycle, I would not put too many stresses on your body in the form of a very new nutritional environment. Think of this time as "easing into" your cut. If you are at 4200 a day, and tomorrow you cut that down to 2100... well, you will feel like absolute crap and your body will not handle that well. Start with 3700, then keep altering as you go. The AD is so good for this, and it is actually very easy.

You got this, just bring it home. But bring it home properly.

wti66stang

Awards
So far Im suprised how much energy I have since changing the diet. Yesterday I had 18 grams of carbs and the previous days were no more then 25. I did noticwe strength was off on chest day yesterday but was still able to rep 295 for 6 on my last two sets of bench. Lets hope I can keep it up.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
That's really solid. Keep lifting heavy to maintain size. Since you are cutting, you may want to implement a few different rep ranges into your training. For instance, do your warm-up sets to get a bit of blood flowing, a priming set to get ready for heavy weight... then go into your working sets. Maybe 2x6 nice and heavy, 1x12 to instill pump, then 2x16 to maintain pump and also help deplete muscle glycogen. It's up to you though. This way, you are hitting the multiple types of muscle fiber, you are doing all forms of training, and it should help you kick back into ketosis.

It's totally up to you though, just an idea. If what you are doing is working and you like your results, by all means continue until it plateaus out (if it ever does).

Keep up the good work and hit it hard.

Lucky!

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Honestly the strength will drop off.

You still have glycogen and atp stores to burn off.

wti66stang

Awards
Oh I realize it will drop off. In fact it dropped off a lot tonight. I went with much higher rep ranges on arm training and cut the rest time down as well. Was a great pump, just completely wore out afterwards.

wti66stang

Awards
Ok so as of today I'm sitting at 219 and it looks as though my body fat is sitting at 11.2%. I'm thinking of switching over to the ECA stack instead of the ECY one. Also what could I stack with this stack, if anything? Do you guys think I should raise my calories up alittle more from what I have been eating?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
also i would like to point out that that ECY is a bad idea.

the Y mixed with E may cause small abrasions in your heart valves, increasing risk of heart disease.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
also i would like to point out that that ECY is a bad idea.

the Y mixed with E may cause small abrasions in your heart valves, increasing risk of heart disease.
Please provide sources for this man... I know it can be bad due to blood pressure but this sounds a bit out there...