help adding weight loss supplement to my diet

mwink07

Awards
Hey, ive been on a diet and losing weight since about January, when I weighed near 290-300lbs. I now float in the area of 255-260, which is fine and all, but ive seem to plateau there. In the beginning of my diet I really just focused on portion control and didnt eat fatty foods or foods high in sugar. I have now made my diet much more strict, I mainly eat green veggies, lean meats and proteins, and only consume my carbs early in the day(usually a bowl of oats or cereal). My question is, do you recommend any weight loss supplements or fat burners to add to what im doing already? I work out 5-6 days a week, and i run or use an elliptical everyday i lift. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance:squareeyed:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, 40 lbs in even 7 months is pretty nice progress. Can you lay out more specifically a days worth of eating, working out, cardio, etc? sometimes just making some changes can restart loss

JDK5386

Hey, ive been on a diet and losing weight since about January, when I weighed near 290-300lbs. I now float in the area of 255-260, which is fine and all, but ive seem to plateau there. In the beginning of my diet I really just focused on portion control and didnt eat fatty foods or foods high in sugar. I have now made my diet much more strict, I mainly eat green veggies, lean meats and proteins, and only consume my carbs early in the day(usually a bowl of oats or cereal). My question is, do you recommend any weight loss supplements or fat burners to add to what im doing already? I work out 5-6 days a week, and i run or use an elliptical everyday i lift. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance:squareeyed:
I was basically in the same position you are, although I let my weight get higher (352) and I plateaued at a higher weight (291). 250 is my goal.

Most people on here recommend increasing calories when this happens, and I did this but it wasn't successful, so I cut calories fairly dramatically. I went 24 hours without eating to correct some tendencies for overeating. I also added 30-45 minutes of jogging on m/w/f and 30 minutes of walking in the evenings every day on top of my m/w/f full body work outs and t/th/s HIIT training. I also added ECA, which has helped with appetite control and also gives me more energy. I've shed 4 pounds in the past week, which is about right considering how obese I am.

Keep grinding, consider ECA, and triple check the diet.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
you are making some great progress as is.. cycling your carbs some may also help..3 days low, 2-3 days bump it up to double of what your low days are..that often gets the metabolism kicking into gear instead of being used to the same amount of carbs it has to work with day after day. a cheat day once a week is also a great way to trick the body into increasing its metabolism as well, not to mention gives you a break from the monotony of dieting. a great fat burner/ app. suppressant/ energy booster/ mood enhancer is Anabolic Xtremes Slim Xtreme (SX)- a top seller on nutra planet, and also available right here at nutra planet..if you search it you will find tons of info and testimonials about it...keep up the great work!

mwink07

Awards
Thanks for the info so far. as for my diet goes, I usually get up around 9am and eat a bowl of Cherri w/ a banana, or some plain oatmeal with some fruit in it. I work out around 10-11 am, and I jog/run before every workout for 30 mins, and lift for 1-1 1/2 hours. I rotate Back&Bi's Chest&Tri's and Shoulders&Legs. I also do a core workout every other day.After a lift i have a protein shake, and for lunch I usually have a salad with lite or no dressing and a can of tuna. I then go to work/class and when i return if im hungry before dinner, i will eat a celery stalk w/ peanut butter(or protein shake). Dinner usually consists of a lean meat(chicken mostly) and two veggies.

I am going to immediately redo my workout to add more HIIT training, and add more cardio in the evenings, and look into ordering one of the products you've suggested, thanks for the help so far, and keep the tips coming!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like your calories are pretty low based on what you listed. You might be surprised that that is only about 1500 cals or maybe less. Go to FITDAY.com and plug those foods in and it will total up your calorie, fat, protein for the day. I think your body is stuck because of too low calories for too long. I suggest bumping them up. Get in 200-250g of protein per day, spread out. And rotate your carbs as well as calorie totals every couple days. Have a higher carb day once every 3-4 days, and make that day higher total calories also. Then drop the total calories down on low carb days. Make higher cal days 400-500 more than lower days. Say rotate from 1800-1900cals on low days to 2200-2300 on high cal days.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agree with YoungandFree. You don't seem to be eating enough. You should definitely find out how much you ARE eating and figure out how much you SHOULD be eating. Eating too little is detrimental to your health and fat loss even.

There are a few good fat burners that work well:

Shred Matrix
X-Force
Reduction

I've tried all of the above, and I had best results and like X-force the best, honestly. It is as much a mood enhancer as it is a fat loss supplement, and I like taking it before lifting because of the energy boost.

Slim Xtreme gave me horrible nausea. But it is a rare side effect from my understanding.

But before starting up a fat loss pill, you really need to get your diet straightened out. Otherwise these supplements won't do much for you.