can someone lend some diet help?!

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
Hey I just want to throw my diet out there and see what others who are more knowledgeable on the subject think.... First I should tell you that I am in a constant state of recomp! I've been trying to lean out for quite a while, about 2 1/2-3 months ago I was probably at my highest weight of around 187-189, now I'm hovering around 180-182 after getting my diet in order. I don't know if I should switch it up to see better results or what but here it is, 6 days out of the week:

Breakfast (7:30): 4-5 egg whites, 4 slices turkey bacon, handful of almonds.

Mid morning snack (10:30): 1 cup steel cut oats w/1 scoop chocolate protein mixed in.

Afternoon snack (12:30): 1 grape fruit w/ 1-2 packets of splenda.

Lunch (2:30): Large salad (lettuce, carrots, tomatoe's, lite dressing) with either 2-6 oz. pieces of chicken breast or 2 turkey burgers and a handful of almonds.

Dinner (6:30-7:00): Either 2 6 oz. chicken breasts, turkey burgers, steaks, bison steaks or tuna fish with 1/2 can plain green beans.

Post dinner snack (8:30-9:00): 1 serving cottage cheese with strawberries and blueberries.

BED!

Does that look fine for someone who is trying to lean out or should I remove/add anything to that layout? Thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate any and all insight.

Also, I lift 4 days a week and use HIIT cardio, distance runs, jump rope and bike throughout the week as my cardio. In the past 2 months I've shed a few pounds and my weights have continued to go up as well.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Honestly...

If you only lost that much weight in 2.5 months then something is WRONG.

You didn't list your macros so its hard to tell but calories look very low.

I would take a week and eat higher carbs to get your metabolism working again, you probably slowed it down bad. Then i would research diet plans including carbohydrate timing which you seem to have backwards, heck almost all your carbs come from fructose.

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
Honestly...

If you only lost that much weight in 2.5 months then something is WRONG.

You didn't list your macros so its hard to tell but calories look very low.

I would take a week and eat higher carbs to get your metabolism working again, you probably slowed it down bad. Then i would research diet plans including carbohydrate timing which you seem to have backwards, heck almost all your carbs come from fructose.

Ahhh that doesn't sound good! Thanks for the help though I appreciate it, as you can probably tell I was just sort of winging it and thought it looked good... on paper. But when I get an outside opinion it definately helps out. Are you suggesting possibly looking at carb cycling for a bit? You mentioned my carb timing, should I bet eating them earlier in the day and then tapering them off as it gets later? I really appreciate the help man, thanks a lot.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks all...

Not on NP - think they are just directly distributing right now. I am on a cutting cycle so the 7-oxo was actually TOO effective for me and I had to stop cause my cortisol was too low.

I am going to try a traditional clean bodybuilding diet next, 250ish carbs, 300-350 protein and 40 or so fat.

Davidlee

As I was just telling someone else. I went from 216 - 183 in under two months. Using HIIT, Lipo 6 Black, and pro-NOS. and DIET. I only ate 5 times a day. I didn't know as much about bad and good foods at the time. I was eating 4 eggs and a banana for breakfast, pro-nos shake like 2-3 hours later, turkey sandwich with mustard on WW bread for lunch, apple like 2 - 3 hours later, and then chicken or steak with veggies for supper. That's just a quick line up.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
determine how many carbs you have there, doesn't look like enough. besides the oatmeal, you really don't have anything in the morning.....throw a piece of wheat bread in that first meal

Davidlee

I'm still trying to figure out all the goods and bads of a diet myself.. So definitely listen to people like lennox