Get Cut-I Wanna See My Six Pack!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. P90X you'll get a six pack fast!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by chris808costa View Post
    P90X you'll get a six pack fast!
    Says the guy who is 137 pounds. Not saying it isnt true, but I think you could probably do about anything and have abs at 137. Rock on.
    •   
       


  3. Have a clean diet.
    Run at a low intensity, 60-70% of max heart rate, fasted if you can.
    Workout your RMR and eat maintenance, use the cardio etc to take you into the deficit.
    You don't need any supplements until you're around 12% body fat, (i dont whey etc as supplements) i'm talking about fat loss pills etc and performance enhances.
    People seem to be telling you to cut your carbs, this is not needed, follow a macronutrients ratio of 5:5:1 pro/carb/fat... so like 250g,/250g/50g, when you're around 14% maybe lower, you can already cut carbs down after 4pm, as you get lower, 13 %..3pm.. 12% 2 pm. Carbs give you energy, they'll help you keep sane if you arn't used to dieting.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Rapist View Post
    Have a clean diet.
    Run at a low intensity, 60-70% of max heart rate, fasted if you can.
    Workout your RMR and eat maintenance, use the cardio etc to take you into the deficit.
    You don't need any supplements until you're around 12% body fat, (i dont whey etc as supplements) i'm talking about fat loss pills etc and performance enhances.
    People seem to be telling you to cut your carbs, this is not needed, follow a macronutrients ratio of 5:5:1 pro/carb/fat... so like 250g,/250g/50g, when you're around 14% maybe lower, you can already cut carbs down after 4pm, as you get lower, 13 %..3pm.. 12% 2 pm. Carbs give you energy, they'll help you keep sane if you arn't used to dieting.
    I totally disagree with this...

    Cardio should NOT be the basis of your deficit. Get your cals as low as you can without losing muscle and strength then only add cardio when the fat loss stalls.

    I've gotten to well under 10% without any cardio and I am an endo

  5. UD2 Baby! Thanks JustReading, I just finished it and set up my plan, I am actually going to start on Wednesday but I am doing an 8 day cycle instead of 7. I did an uneducated version of the diet last week I cycled carbs with 50-p/30-f/20-c (thanks oufinny for that advice) I did not realize why was so damn laggy in the gym. Not just that, but I started my "stack"....I probably should have asked more questions before I did this, read on, everyone is going to enjoy this story.

    When I hear "stack" I usually think of a sandwich: bread, meat, bread. Of course that is not at all what it means, which I really should have given more thought to. It can be sandwich, then bread 2 hours later, then eat some meat with your lunch...metaphor, hope that makes sense, if not it will soon.

    Wednesday morning I woke up after mon/tues at 50/30/20 pro/f/c now before I started understanding how carbs work in my body I was eating 6 meals a day with roughly 55g carbs/meal! When I switched to the 50/30/20 I went down to 13 g with 6 meals a day.
    So I woke up with about 12 hours since my last meal, the supplement list that I had laid out was as follows:
    ECY-"stack" <----not really.....I took 200mg caffeine, 9mg yohimbe,25mg ephedrine...
    Then I added in some Acytl-L Carnitine (ALCAR) I read that you should take it on an empty stomach, I may ave intrepreted that a little too loosely.

    I think everyone knows what is going to happen next. Turns out after reading further into the Ultimate Diet 2 (and everyone please correct me if I am wrong and breakdown any other mistakes I made that morning) Yohimbe is supposed to be taken with caffeine, NOT at the same time as the ephedrine, so I suppose its technically a CY EC stack...Apparntly a lack of carbs can cause nausea as well, yes, the perfect storm is coming.

    My workout was shoulders and chest with fairly heavy weight, medium rep range. Then, a spin class, boy was that fun! Hit the weights hard and I was feeling off, but I had to keep pushing. I made it 30 minutes into the spin class, the teacher simulated some nice hills for us, and some all out sprints, good stuff. Until I decided I was done.

    I got off the bike made it out of the spin class room, saw the trashcan and thought...I'm good, then all hell broke loose inside of me.

    I threw up 6 times on my way to the locker room, 2 of them I was able to get back down, it was just water luckily. The other four consisted of fairly large puddles of what I am convinced contained a liquid substance consisting of water, and oh yes my dignity.

    I work out at LA fitness. Luckily I played it off as best I could and just walked into the locker room feeling like Mcnabb in a playoff game.

    The funniest part about this whole situation is that the manager came back and asked me if I was alright, "yes I am fine, I am really sorry about that I thought I could make it back to the locker room" he says "that's ok but I think it would be a good idea to head home". So I said "Thanks for your concern **** butkiss, actually I was thinking about finishing up the spin class so we can have this conversation again in 20 minutes or so"....nope, I did not say that out loud, I figured I should stay humble seeing as how I had just made serious mess of the floor and I was feeling a little bit silly.

    What is the moral of the story? Well I put the ALCAR aside until I know what the heck it is for =)...Justreading maybe you could help me with that because he doesn't mention ALCAR he does mention ALA which I understand compliments ALCAR, but still not sure when to use it and how much....

    The Yohimbe+C is going to be used on an empty stomach by themselves before my high intensity workouts. EC on those days 2 times after that. EC 4 days of my cycle before cardio workouts and depletion workouts then 2 more times during the day.

    When Should I use the ALCAR, how much, and what is it used for I have been learning so much the past few weeks that my brain has jumbled everything up. The good news is in just a week of doing this (I carb loaded on Saturday) I can see a visable difference in my stomach and my hips, and my muscles aren't melting away like it seemed like they were starting too. My six pack is coming, now I just have to make sure I don't throw up all over the gym again.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    I totally disagree with this...

    Cardio should NOT be the basis of your deficit. Get your cals as low as you can without losing muscle and strength then only add cardio when the fat loss stalls.

    I've gotten to well under 10% without any cardio and I am an endo
    oh yeh because i can see where i put cardio should be the basis of your deficit....................... .....

  7. Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    Says the guy who is 137 pounds. Not saying it isnt true, but I think you could probably do about anything and have abs at 137. Rock on.
    just to let you know i used to weigh 200 lbs

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Rapist View Post
    oh yeh because i can see where i put cardio should be the basis of your deficit....................... .....
    You said eat maintenance then let cardio be the deficit...

    Workout your RMR and eat maintenance, use the cardio etc to take you into the deficit.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by chris808costa View Post
    just to let you know i used to weigh 200 lbs
    I think he meant that most people want abs with a larger amount of muscle mass to show and can get abs without that muscle mass without a problem if that is in their goals to do so.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    I think he meant that most people want abs with a larger amount of muscle mass to show and can get abs without that muscle mass without a problem if that is in their goals to do so.
    I know I was just being a smart ass lol

  11. Holy moly 135! Didnt think that was possible j/k. But i dream of getting to 165-170. Im 200

  12. Quote Originally Posted by USNdoc0311 View Post
    Holy moly 135! Didnt think that was possible j/k. But i dream of getting to 165-170. Im 200
    That is a very attainable goal IMO. Used to be 6' and hoovered btw 155-160 for a long time then started drinking.... yada yada, now 205. At your height you can still be well defined and be under 170 it will just take a lot of cutting to get there; as I am finding out trying to get under 200 again for the first time in YEARS!

  13. I was 235 I am 5'9 AHHHHH....got back ni the gym and knocked off some Fatty fat fat,I just started the ultimate diet 2 yesterday at 204....If I was the most dense boned person alive, any opinions on what weight I will have to aim for to get to to see my six pack? (I haven't had an accurate bf% measure, the crappy enter your weight and height hold the sensor thing at LA Fitness says I am 19% BF) I have to say I am much closer to 15 because other than my stomach and ass I am pretty fat free, and my larger muscles have some good definition. But that's just an assumption too, and you know what those do....

  14. P.S I am starting a new thread on the Ultimate Diet 2.0 if anyone wants to join the discussion!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by AlmostRipped View Post
    I was 235 I am 5'9 AHHHHH....got back ni the gym and knocked off some Fatty fat fat,I just started the ultimate diet 2 yesterday at 204....If I was the most dense boned person alive, any opinions on what weight I will have to aim for to get to to see my six pack? (I haven't had an accurate bf% measure, the crappy enter your weight and height hold the sensor thing at LA Fitness says I am 19% BF) I have to say I am much closer to 15 because other than my stomach and ass I am pretty fat free, and my larger muscles have some good definition. But that's just an assumption too, and you know what those do....
    Sounds like your build is kinda like mine. I generally am 215 at 13ish then cut down to 202-205 so maybe at 190 you could be where you want

  16. Yeah my build is very similiar to yours, I was looking at your 16 week before and after that is freaking awesome! I look right now very similiar to your before except a little more definition in my chest and biceps....I am hoping 185...190 would be awesome!! Time will tell, I think when I get finished with this 8 week UD2 I will know the answer to this questions.

  17. OK...My diet is super dialed in, I am starting the fourth 8 day cycle on UD 2.0 and everyone in my life is commenting on how good I look, it is great, I am really not used to it...I think I got out of a ticket last night because the cop was diggin me =)...or she was at the end of her shift, whatever it's my own ego fuel...

    Anyway, I am starting to really slim down and I am even losing the pouch at my lower stomach, I believe that if I build my ab muscles themselves I will be able to see my six pack sooner, I can see a very faint outline if I pull the fat down...don't laugh I know you have done it before.

    My question is what in your opinions is the best ab workout to start building my actual ab muscles..this is my current routine, keep in mind I am doing the UD2 it is a carb cycle diet, I do this format on both my depletion and power workouts, and my high intensity, sometimes even cardio days....the following is my routine and what I have noticed about doing ab work...

    This is done in a circuit 2 sets--Excercises are varied but work the same muscles
    1.Lower Abs (ex. leg raises)
    2.Upper Abs (ex. Crunch)
    3.Obliques (ex. side Crunch)
    4.Transverse Abdominus (ex.superman)
    5.Lower back (ex. back extensions)

    I have noticed that my abs never feel sore, except after doing back to backs on both depletion workout days, then it hurts for 24 hours max....

    Are abs supposed to get sore like other muscles?
    What is the most effective frequency to work my abs to build the muscles?
    How long should my ab work take?
    Does my setup look good, can I make it more hardcore?

    Keep in mind my diet right now is very dialed in, I do cardio twice a week, 2 hardcore spin classes 30-55minutes or one spin class like that and then running in the park for about 20 minutes interval sprints.

    I feel like everything I am working on is pretty good, I have the right supplementation going on and I am focused on the right things, I just feel like I can do more to get my abs showing than I am doing now....As always input is appreciated!!!

  18. Abs are so core to the body that they evelution causes them to heal fast unless you OBLITERATE them but thats a good thing so, no they don't stay sore.

    Try HEAVY crunches... Work them like a regular body part, 2 or MAX 3 time s a week do 3 heavy sets, you should FAIL at 12-15 reps then 8-10 then on the final set you will die to even get 8 if you can... when you can do this add more weight and always err on the side of adding weight too fast ha.

    Once you build the muscle size they will always remain bigger even when you stop this heavy routine and having bigger muscles will show more at higher bf%, as long as you don't get fat right after doing this routine you won't look like you have a big gut. Just make sure your lower back is getting heavy training from other lifts as well you you don't get imbalanced.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Is it possible to get my six pack at all?
    By Rodel in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 01:22 PM
  2. i would like to introduce you to my six pack
    By rolandajoint in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 06:08 AM
  3. What is the most effective way to get a six pack?
    By bigred869 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 09:01 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 11:07 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Log in
Log in