PPWO carbs while cutting

bigbrock

Awards
Does anyone eat carbs for your post post workout meal? I was always told not to eat carbs close to bed time but recently Ive been reading that it seems to work pretty good. Any experiences?.....................

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
carbs within 2 hours of bedtime is a bad idea. not only do you stunt your growth hormone release but you also are more likely to store fat.

JayTren3000

JayTren3000

Banned
Awards
cals in vs. cals out.

a cal deficit is a cal deficit. if you're eating below maintenance all day and then ate some carbs before bed, you wont gain weight.

You still need to replace glycogen and avoid catabolism on a cut. Just use less than you would on a bulk post w.o.

bigbrock

Awards
cals in vs. cals out.

a cal deficit is a cal deficit. if you're eating below maintenance all day and then ate some carbs before bed, you wont gain weight.

You still need to replace glycogen and avoid catabolism on a cut. Just use less than you would on a bulk post w.o.
You had experience with this bro?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you've just done an intense workout, then eat the damn carbs. You still have to rebuild and repair the damage done to your body from training.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you've just done an intense workout, then eat the damn carbs. You still have to rebuild and repair the damage done to your body from training.
Agreed. I follow an extremely low-carb diet for every meal except post-workout... and I usually work out late in the evening. I consume a shake with 60 grams of maltodextrin and 30 grams of whey protein. About 40 minutes later, I eat another moderate-carb whole food meal. An hour later I'm in bed. I should also mention that I carb up for an entire afternoon once a week as well.

In following the above protocol since early April (14 weeks so far), I have gone from 206 lbs down to 193 lbs. Shirts are tighter and pants are looser. Abs are back. I've not only retained muscle while losing fat, but have gained additional mass. Slow and steady wins the race.

bigbrock

Awards
Agreed. I follow an extremely low-carb diet for every meal except post-workout... and I usually work out late in the evening. I consume a shake with 60 grams of maltodextrin and 30 grams of whey protein. About 40 minutes later, I eat another moderate-carb whole food meal. An hour later I'm in bed. I should also mention that I carb up for an entire afternoon once a week as well.

In following the above protocol since early April (14 weeks so far), I have gone from 206 lbs down to 193 lbs. Shirts are tighter and pants are looser. Abs are back. I've not only retained muscle while losing fat, but have gained additional mass. Slow and steady wins the race.
Nice work bro!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
solomon-chan Weight Loss 15
Supplements 22
Nutrition / Health 7
cruze1911r1 Nutrition / Health 38
Anabolics 23