I need to get cut before I go back to college

snikamal

Awards
I have currently been going to the gym consistently since about May 20th or so. I go about 4-6 times a week. Before my workout I run for 20 min= 2 miles. Then I start to lift. my routine is:
Day 1: Chest and shoulders
Day 2: Arms
Day 3: Legs, abs, and back
I recently have been thinking about changing it to:
Day 1: arms and abs
Day 2: shoulders and legs
Day 3: chest and back

So anyways I am 19 and I have swam and play water polo for about 6-7 years. I currently play for purdue. But for some reason I still have a decent amount of fat on my body. I think my BFP is between 15-20%. I especially have more fat on my chest, stomach, and legs/hips area.

Since I have been working out consistently I have been able to see differences but its not enough. I still have fat that I can see and feel.
My current food plan is:
Breakfast, 8am: milk & fiber bar
Lunch, 12ish: chicken or turkey sandwich on wheat bread with fresh veggies
3-4pm: more food whatever i can find around the house and milk
Pre-Workout 5pm: water
Post workout, 6:30pm: protein shake and water
Dinner 7-8pm: usually persian food, rice and stew. and also sometimes fish or chicken.
10-11pm: milk

Okay so I need you guys input on what I should do. I really want to get ripped and cut. be able to see ab definition and etc. I am just barely starting to see minor chest definition but obv. not enough.
Let me know guys.
Thanks a lot

bigbrock

Awards
I have currently been going to the gym consistently since about May 20th or so. I go about 4-6 times a week. Before my workout I run for 20 min= 2 miles. Then I start to lift. my routine is:
Day 1: Chest and shoulders
Day 2: Arms
Day 3: Legs, abs, and back
I recently have been thinking about changing it to:
Day 1: arms and abs
Day 2: shoulders and legs
Day 3: chest and back

So anyways I am 19 and I have swam and play water polo for about 6-7 years. I currently play for purdue. But for some reason I still have a decent amount of fat on my body. I think my BFP is between 15-20%. I especially have more fat on my chest, stomach, and legs/hips area.

Since I have been working out consistently I have been able to see differences but its not enough. I still have fat that I can see and feel.
My current food plan is:
Breakfast, 8am: milk & fiber bar
Lunch, 12ish: chicken or turkey sandwich on wheat bread with fresh veggies
3-4pm: more food whatever i can find around the house and milk
Pre-Workout 5pm: water
Post workout, 6:30pm: protein shake and water
Dinner 7-8pm: usually persian food, rice and stew. and also sometimes fish or chicken.
10-11pm: milk

Okay so I need you guys input on what I should do. I really want to get ripped and cut. be able to see ab definition and etc. I am just barely starting to see minor chest definition but obv. not enough.
Let me know guys.
Thanks a lot
Maybe try to lay off the bread and milk. Avoiding carbs at dinner has helped me drop fat

mannip23

Awards
Get the milk,bread, and white rice out. Milk can be used in the pwo shake but thats it. Eat one meal a day with carbs (50 grams of carbs in the form of rolled oats,brown rice, yams) for the meal right after your work out, or if no weights 1st meal. Eat lean protiens and grenn veggies for all meals. Have one high carb day a week. The weight will drop. I would step up the cardio to atleast 30min but the diet is most important right now.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Get the milk,bread, and white rice out. Milk can be used in the pwo shake but thats it. Eat one meal a day with carbs (50 grams of carbs in the form of rolled oats,brown rice, yams) for the meal right after your work out, or if no weights 1st meal. Eat lean protiens and grenn veggies for all meals. Have one high carb day a week. The weight will drop. I would step up the cardio to atleast 30min but the diet is most important right now.
I would say use water for the pwo shake, milk would slow the absorption. I would say the rice at night is the problem moreso than any milk...

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you want to make sure you dont fail and take your own mess ups out of it do the ultimate diet 2.0

Its NOOOT easy if you dont have willpower but it works

mannip23

Awards
I would say use water for the pwo shake, milk would slow the absorption. I would say the rice at night is the problem moreso than any milk...
Actually recent studies have suggested that 50/50 whey and cassien mix is best for pwo

snikamal

Awards
okay thanks guys also for the time that ive been working out for ive been taking ABB Pure Pro whey protein supplement and I used one scoop 20g. what do you guys suggest is the best to use for my situation?
thanks

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Actually recent studies have suggested that 50/50 whey and cassien mix is best for pwo
link?
EDIT I don't think the milk is that big of a deal, except maybe before bed. If you like drinking milk, drink it. If it's whole, drop to skim to cut calories. For sure drop the rice with your dinner and switch to cottage cheese pre bed.

snikamal

Awards
so does anyone think that i should continue to take my protein? im almost out and im thinkning about buying more

Raptorbh12

Awards
Yes buy more protein. Its one of the only solid things you have in your diet which is why you are retaining body fat. Cut the carsb down low or carb cycle them. Also try to do a bit more cardio 20 minutes a day is kind of light especially if you wanna get CUT before school starts back up. You need to gear down and lose the carbs, lift heavy, cardio 45min 3-4 times a week.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so does anyone think that i should continue to take my protein? im almost out and im thinkning about buying more
Ok, I did read most everything that you listed and being someone that A) swam competitively for 12 years and B) played college water polo (against your team before as well, ironic I know) I can offer you some suggestions that will hopefully help now and when you are in season. I am going to assume that you are not training during the summer though hopefully you are doing some swimming or coming back is going to suck since you will be hella out of shape regardless of you diet.

If you can, get your butt back in the water for the rest of the summer at least 3 times a week. 1 hour in the pool doing some middle distance/sprint work will melt away the fat with your diet in check. If you can't, run or do some HIIT and LISS at least that many times a week to aid in the calorie burning.

All of the carb cycling suggestions listed are great though I am sure you protein intake is too low and your carbs are way too high. Get your protein up to at least 1.5 grams/lb of bodyweight (for me this is over 300 grams a day when in low carb mode). This will help fill you up in conjunction with lots of vegetables at each meal (less breakfast) and really helps with keeping the DOMS in check. Second, I really like to have one workout a week that I have a higher carb intake before, almost always legs, and this keeps the thyroid in check and your metabolism guessing whats going on. Again, something that has worked for me and continues to do so.

As for when you are in season, you really want to shoot for a 40/40/20 C/P/F macro split with calories probably between 2800-3400 depending on activity level. I never ate enough or right and it showed for me near then end of practices and during tournaments. I would, at a minimum, make sure you get your protein intake each day and if you can afford it get some Xtend to add into your workout or to have immediately (as in drinking in locker room) after. This will really help with recovery and keep you going on multiple game days. If you want some more info I am glad to pass it on in this thread for you or just PM me. I wished when I was playing someone had told me how dumb we were about nutrition, maybe we would have beat Miami of Ohio a lot more than lost too them....

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Getting cut is pure dedication... knowledge is lacking in this case and so is the dedication needed.

Do you want to be like 12% cut? If so you have an outside chance