Cutting and PWO Nutrition

1. Cutting and PWO Nutrition

Okay I'm going to be cutting soon, at which point I'll be shooting for 185 grams of carbs a day.

Would it be wiser to eat almost all of my carbs around my workout (pre and the 3 hours post), so that I could still consume the same amount of carbs that I am used to, or should I eat less carbs during this time, allowing myself to still have carbs throughout the rest of the day.

I'm asking because I don't want my pre/post workout nutrition to suffer because I'm trying to cut. Or is that just something that sucks about cutting?

2. Yes, localiozing carbs around your workout is fine. I normally eat carbs with protein at breakfast and around my workout. Everything else is protein and 'healthy' fats

3. Is that while your cutting or always? I thought I heard or read somewhere once that eating protein alone (without carbs) was somehow not as good as eating a combination of the two...though maybe it was in reference to PWO or something. How many grams of healthy fats do you consume with each meal BTW?
    •   

4. Well, combining carbs and proteins is a good thing, just not necessarily for cutting. I'd stick with carbs around the workout w/ protein. and protien and fats everywhere else.

Similar Forum Threads

1. nutrition and pwo shake question
    By bi0hazurd in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 11:54 AM
  2. PWO nutrition and Cardio - How to balance??
    By justreading in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 03:34 PM
  3. Late night PWO nutrition and energy kick
    By Tie in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 06:40 AM
  4. Alan and Bobo - Great Pre- & PWO nutrition exchange
    By t-bone2 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 01:39 AM
  5. Cutting and 1-test/4-AD