carbs before bed?

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
i am aware of the benefits of carb intake after a workout and i am also aware of the issues with taking carbs before bed. However, I am in the unfortunate predicament of working out around 10:00 pm, and I go to bed shortly after my workout. I usually just pound massive amounts of protein before bed and usually don't have any carbs.
What I am asking is if the benefits of taking carbs after a workout outweigh the negatives of carbs before bed.
any help would be appreciated.
cc

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
i am aware of the benefits of carb intake after a workout and i am also aware of the issues with taking carbs before bed. However, I am in the unfortunate predicament of working out around 10:00 pm, and I go to bed shortly after my workout. I usually just pound massive amounts of protein before bed and usually don't have any carbs.
What I am asking is if the benefits of taking carbs after a workout outweigh the negatives of carbs before bed.
any help would be appreciated.
cc
You NEED to take carbs in post-workout, no matter what time of night, when you go to sleep, ect.

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
that's correct, you need carbs postworkout regardless of time of night.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
how many grams of carbs would you guys suggest i take after my workout in order to get the benefits but not pack on too much chub?
thanks
cc

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
As a first guess, I would say the same number of grams as you take in protein.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
if you're worried about taking in too many carbs late at night then maybe you can have a protein/carb pre-during workout shake.

finish it halfway through your workout and just have a meat and fibrous vege type meal as post-workout. that should keep you full before bed.

i found too many simple carbs as post w/o made me a bit bloated but having them during the workout gave me extremely good pumps. i'm a morning trainer usually but i do this if i train later in the evening.

Jag