carbs before bed?
- 02-03-2004, 12:28 AM
carbs before bed?
i am aware of the benefits of carb intake after a workout and i am also aware of the issues with taking carbs before bed. However, I am in the unfortunate predicament of working out around 10:00 pm, and I go to bed shortly after my workout. I usually just pound massive amounts of protein before bed and usually don't have any carbs.
What I am asking is if the benefits of taking carbs after a workout outweigh the negatives of carbs before bed.
any help would be appreciated.
- 02-03-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by canadian champ
- 02-03-2004, 08:08 AM
that's correct, you need carbs postworkout regardless of time of night.
02-03-2004, 01:28 PM
how many grams of carbs would you guys suggest i take after my workout in order to get the benefits but not pack on too much chub?
02-03-2004, 09:18 PM
As a first guess, I would say the same number of grams as you take in protein.
02-04-2004, 07:15 AM
if you're worried about taking in too many carbs late at night then maybe you can have a protein/carb pre-during workout shake.
finish it halfway through your workout and just have a meat and fibrous vege type meal as post-workout. that should keep you full before bed.
i found too many simple carbs as post w/o made me a bit bloated but having them during the workout gave me extremely good pumps. i'm a morning trainer usually but i do this if i train later in the evening.
Similar Forum Threads
- By jmma062803 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 30Last Post: 11-08-2009, 07:53 PM
- By jmma062803 in forum BulkingReplies: 9Last Post: 11-06-2009, 07:42 PM
- By CarterMalone in forum BulkingReplies: 28Last Post: 05-27-2007, 12:00 PM
- By chainsaw in forum Training ForumReplies: 20Last Post: 02-01-2005, 06:37 PM
- By Jag in forum Weight LossReplies: 9Last Post: 01-27-2004, 08:43 AM