Fruit and Cutting
- 07-01-2009, 02:19 PM
- 07-01-2009, 02:21 PM
apples and grapefruits should be fine . if you aren't already getting all of your EFAs, i would use those extra carbs for walnuts/pecans/peanuts, etc.
07-01-2009, 08:30 PM
07-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Fruits provide important vitamins and should never be completley cut out of you diet. I try to get one piece or serving of fruit a day while cutting. Just make sure you keep it your 40-50 gram limit a day.
07-02-2009, 11:37 AM
07-02-2009, 12:00 PM
I would never recommend low carbohydrate diets like that for long periods of time. Have at least 2 days a week where you do NOT limit them (or your calories). You are going to see fat loss on higher carbohydrate intakes; so long as your OVERALL calories are manipulated for fat loss.
07-02-2009, 11:04 PM
07-02-2009, 11:32 PM
07-03-2009, 07:22 AM
07-03-2009, 06:42 PM
07-05-2009, 08:23 PM
07-05-2009, 08:31 PM
when i carb cycle i usually take in .25 to .50 grams of carbs on my low carbs days, this time frame is 4 to 5 days with 2 to 3 days of high carbs days that consist of 3 to 4 grams per body weigh to replenish glycogen
07-05-2009, 10:41 PM
And yes, having those higher calorie/carbohydrate days actually SPEEDS up the fat loss process, by kickstarting your metabolism and allowing your body to NOT think it is 'starving'. Trust me, every other day for me is >4000 calories and I stay lean all the time AND lose fat quickly when I want to.
Similar Forum Threads
- By demetre in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 11Last Post: 06-25-2009, 01:42 PM
- By demetre in forum Weight LossReplies: 5Last Post: 06-23-2009, 10:32 AM
- By michaelr7170 in forum Weight LossReplies: 21Last Post: 05-09-2009, 07:59 PM
- By PHWSSJ in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 17Last Post: 11-18-2007, 12:45 AM
- By 200wannabe in forum Weight LossReplies: 5Last Post: 09-11-2004, 05:13 PM