Fruit and Cutting

bigbrock

Awards
If your on a very low carb diet 40-50g a day. Is it ok to eat an apple or some lower glycemic fruit once a day or would you avoid it all together?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
apples and grapefruits should be fine . if you aren't already getting all of your EFAs, i would use those extra carbs for walnuts/pecans/peanuts, etc.

joelast

joelast

Awards
Fruits provide important vitamins and should never be completley cut out of you diet. I try to get one piece or serving of fruit a day while cutting. Just make sure you keep it your 40-50 gram limit a day.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have been eating 2 servings of fruit a day lately(grapefruit/bluberries).

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your on a very low carb diet 40-50g a day. Is it ok to eat an apple or some lower glycemic fruit once a day or would you avoid it all together?
You can eat fruit whilst cutting or on low carbohydrate diets. The best time to have it would be post-training when your body needs simple sugars.

I would never recommend low carbohydrate diets like that for long periods of time. Have at least 2 days a week where you do NOT limit them (or your calories). You are going to see fat loss on higher carbohydrate intakes; so long as your OVERALL calories are manipulated for fat loss.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

bigbrock

Awards
You can eat fruit whilst cutting or on low carbohydrate diets. The best time to have it would be post-training when your body needs simple sugars.

I would never recommend low carbohydrate diets like that for long periods of time. Have at least 2 days a week where you do NOT limit them (or your calories). You are going to see fat loss on higher carbohydrate intakes; so long as your OVERALL calories are manipulated for fat loss.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Ive been thinkin about havin a carb day. Maybe double the amount of carbs?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive been thinkin about havin a carb day. Maybe double the amount of carbs?
Just eat whatever you want whenever you want on this day (or days; I would recommend one every 3 days). Don't count calories or carbohydrates, so long as you know you're getting in LOTS of carbohydrates (100g of carbohydrates is still LOW; be having at least your bodyweight in pounds and then double or triple that).

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

bigbrock

Awards
Is it better to carb up on off days or days you work out?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
when i carb cycle i usually take in .25 to .50 grams of carbs on my low carbs days, this time frame is 4 to 5 days with 2 to 3 days of high carbs days that consist of 3 to 4 grams per body weigh to replenish glycogen

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Followed your advice this weekend bro and actually lost 2lbs. Crazy what eatin some pizza can do
Not a bro, LOL.

And yes, having those higher calorie/carbohydrate days actually SPEEDS up the fat loss process, by kickstarting your metabolism and allowing your body to NOT think it is 'starving'. Trust me, every other day for me is >4000 calories and I stay lean all the time AND lose fat quickly when I want to.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT