Belly Fat???!!!

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
Does anyone know of some good workouts to get rid of stubborn belly fat?

jumpcannon

jumpcannon

Awards
trying to figure that out too. my guess is #1......diet (which is always the hardest), #2......sweat your ass off anyway you can. superseting workouts, circuit training, cardio with intensity. #3......liposuction.....ha ha.

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
trying to figure that out too. my guess is #1......diet (which is always the hardest), #2......sweat your ass off anyway you can. superseting workouts, circuit training, cardio with intensity. #3......liposuction.....ha ha.
Well my diet is in check and Im definitly maintaining caloric deficit. But i want to find out if certain workouts target belly fat or not? Maybe crunches hmmm...

hahaha liposuction there we go!

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
i'm pretty sure you cannot target areas of fat.. despite what infomercials have u believe..

it usually disappears in the order it appears... and for most it starts on the lower abs.. works its way up the stomach and then on to everywhere else..

so when losing it.. thats why many ppl lose inches off their arms and chest and legs first.. and then the tops abs appear.. and then the bottom..

bottome line is.. you still have to lose more weight... keep that protein up

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
i'm pretty sure you cannot target areas of fat.. despite what infomercials have u believe..

it usually disappears in the order it appears... and for most it starts on the lower abs.. works its way up the stomach and then on to everywhere else..

so when losing it.. thats why many ppl lose inches off their arms and chest and legs first.. and then the tops abs appear.. and then the bottom..

Yeah i heard that you cant target areas either but didnt know if it was true... But yeah just got to keep it up!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does anyone know of some good workouts to get rid of stubborn belly fat?
You can NOT spot reduce fat through training (or diet), no matter what you would like to think or believe.

The ONLY way you are going to get rid of "belly fat" is to get leaner; and the way to do that is to ensure that your nutrition and trainig are targeted appropriately for fat loss.

Well my diet is in check and Im definitly maintaining caloric deficit. But i want to find out if certain workouts target belly fat or not? Maybe crunches hmmm...

hahaha liposuction there we go!
You do not need to maintain a perpetual caloric deficit to lose fat. In fact, CALORIE CYCLING IMO is the BEST way to lose fat through your nutrition. Make sure that your diet is indeed the most EFFECTIVE and EFFICIENT for losing fat for YOU.

Certain workouts will NOT target belly fat (and doing endless ab exercises is not going to either), period.

Yes, you cannot target areas of fat.

As for how it goes; it does not necessarily go "first on, first off". It will go from wherever it decides. And every time one tries to lose fat it will be different (i.e. the first time it may all go from the lower body first, and the next time from the upper body).

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

brooksy3434

Awards
get some albodene( i think that is how you spell it) and rub it all over your stomach before you do cardio or the sauna---make sure to drink lots of water...... it wont take off belly fat but it will suck more water out of the area its applied to faster than anywhere else

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Agree with Rosie 100%. The only way to lose it is to keep dieting until it's gone. Everyone will lose it in certain places a little different than others. Just keep dieting until you reach your goal.

bigbrock

Awards
Im cutting now and almost done. My fats loss went......1. shoulders and arms 2.upper abs 3.back 4.thighs and glutes. And Im just now begging to see the lower abs show up. So hang it there bro be patient it will eventually go away!

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
i heard dermatherm target works but haven't tried it yet myself.

adam0x54

Awards
1 word - RUN :)
keep lifting weights though so you will maintain your muscle. Add HIIT to your program too. It did the trick for me.

-Adam

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
cardio 1st thing on empty stomach - usage of fat for energy supplemetn with leucine to stay anabolic. supplemetning with bcaa might cause glucogenisis (i belive is the right one) which turn protein into suagrs for body.

what i did was
leucin / ECA 20min b4 cardio (step master lvl4 35min) i lost alot fo weight. remmember emtpy stomach

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
cardio 1st thing on empty stomach - usage of fat for energy supplemetn with leucine to stay anabolic. supplemetning with bcaa might cause glucogenisis (i belive is the right one) which turn protein into suagrs for body.

what i did was
leucin / ECA 20min b4 cardio (step master lvl4 35min) i lost alot fo weight. remmember emtpy stomach

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

what i did was
Well, leucine is a BCAA, and the amount of aminos found in a typical scoop or two of an EAA drink won't bring on enough calories to make gluconeogenesis a big deal. Still, it's a good suggestion, and a drink like AXcell is perfect to take to sip during cardio while cutting.

mafiozo

Awards

what i did was
I think that's a horrible idea. Your body is already depleted of nutrients by the time you wake up. Running on an empty stomach is a BAD idea.

Check your sources of information regarding running on an empty stomach.

Regards,
Tony

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that's a horrible idea. Your body is already depleted of nutrients by the time you wake up. Running on an empty stomach is a BAD idea.

Regards,
Tony
Depends on what your goals are and what type of running.

jsheely

jsheely

Awards
  • Established

Regards,
Tony
It does sound bad, but fasted cardio does work.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends on what your goals are and what type of running.
Exactly; it depends on the INDIVIDUAL. I run on an empty stomach all the time (and do all my resistance training first thing (after my am cardio) as well!) and have no issues. Most of it is HIIT though.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
THANKS for support, IT does work. for cutting. and yes leucine is part of BCAA but leucine increase protein synthesis and helps keep anabolic, but if u mix the 3 BCAA on fasted mode ur body will turn them into sugars for body from glucogenisis (im am veryyyyyyy sure of this! i belive i read it on MD) thats just my 2 cents,
here is my ULTRA cuttin stack hate it or love it, it works
hyperdrol x2 - boost test/ lowers estro and helps cut
lean fx - cortisol is higgggggh on fasted state especially during diet stress
ECA - good cutter/ appetite supress/ good stuf :)
plus nitrogen retention from ECA helps keep anabolic. though some ppl argue stacking asparin with hyperdrolx2.....