DCP, worth the money?

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i'm willing to buy it if i know it will get me shredded. how much fat do people usually lose in a month with a great diet?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i'm willing to buy it if i know it will get me shredded. how much fat do people usually lose in a month with a great diet?
I answered this in your other thread. Know though that nothing is going to get you shredded if your nutrition and training is not up to par (and not quite sure what you would have left to shred at 153lb).

Although diet is generally the key to fat loss, for some people they don't have to be strict with their diet and lose fat as long as their TRAINING is hard and intense enough (i.e. my diet is far from the best, but I train hard and add in extra cardio to 'make up' for it; just means that I end up gaining more muscle than the fat I lose, which helps in burning (and keeping) off the fat faster in the long-term). There ARE other factors you need to take into account.

The 'safe' recommendation for weight loss (and you would want it all to be fat; losing muscle is not conducive) is 0.5kg a week, so looking at ~2kg in a month. In terms of body composition 0.5% bodyfat (BF) loss a week (i.e. 2% BF loss in a month) would be the maximum you would want to aim for (note that you canNOT put a weight to losses in % BF, as they differ from individual to individual).

Everyone is different, and how much fat one loses in a month whether they are strict with their diet or not highly depends on the individual. Some may lose more (i.e. those that have more to lose); others may not lose as much (i.e. leaner individuals).

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
thankyou rosie.

ive always heard the 2lb of fat a week thing, but i figured if dcp doesn't burn fat based on caloric deficit (from my understanding) , there wouldn't be any way to burn muscle and/or have a cap on fatloss in a small amount of time.

see what i mean?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
thankyou rosie.

ive always heard the 2lb of fat a week thing, but i figured if dcp doesn't burn fat based on caloric deficit (from my understanding) , there wouldn't be any way to burn muscle and/or have a cap on fatloss in a small amount of time.

see what i mean?
No worries. Again answered in your other thread.

To lose 2lb of fat a week is unrealistic for most people unless they have excessive fat to lose. If you lose WEIGHT too fast then you are guaranteed to lose both fat AND muscle, most often with more muscle loss than fat.

DCP frees fatty acids to be mobilized. Therefore a caloric deficit is not required (although if trying to cut most people DO have a caloric deficit, sometimes excessive, and this WILL cause muscle to be lost). However, you would still want your nutrition correct. And you want to have your training correct as well, so that your body can burn those fatty acids.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Evomuse 3
ericool007 Supplements 21
DBee Evomuse 16
bell1986 Evomuse 0
S Supplements 1