Best fat loss in four weeks time (no pressure!)

allieinthegym

allieinthegym

Awards
Hey AM'ers:

I've been doing the Carb Hater Anonymous diet (From Marc Lobliner) for a few months. I've had some success with it. However, I've got just under a month until an annual meet, and I'd like to be looking the best I can look.

Right now, my diet is 35g protein/15g healthy fats, six times a day. (~1300cals).

My workout schedule looks like this:
Monday: Back and Chest, 30 minutes of cardio
Tuesday: HIIT
Wednesday: Arms, 30 minutes of cardio
Thursday: HIIT
Friday: Legs, 30 minutes of cardio
Saturday: Some kind of cardio, usually not HIIT.

On hand I have the following supps:

- SuperPump250 (I love this stuff!)
- OptiWomen Multi-V
- Syntrax Matrix Protein
- Syntrax Nectar Whey Protein
- ON 2:1:1 recovery
- Scivation XTend
- Scivation VasoCharge
- EFAs
- Cytolean (though I'm sensitive to Caffeine so my dosing is smaller)

I took a look at the Velocity diet. I think I could do that, but no solid foods makes me feel a little skeptical about it.

Any best practices for cutting these last three to four weeks?

Thanks!
Allie

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
lol 1300calories.

i guess you're trying to lose all of your muscle

eat almost double that with that workout schedule

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I am fairly certain Superpump has a decent amount of caffeine in it as well, so if you are sensitive to caffeine you made want to shrink that dosage too.

allieinthegym

allieinthegym

Awards
lol 1300calories.

i guess you're trying to lose all of your muscle

eat almost double that with that workout schedule

That's what was recommended. I'm a girl, if that means anything for intake.

Kind of a newb and all I seem to be doing is creating a hot mess. I used to just play my sports and do my martial arts and stayed fit that way.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hello Allie! :wave2:

I must agree that 1300 calories is low for you. You seem to be an active girl, and that is a much too low calorie deficit. You definitely need to find out what your maintenance calories are and deduct only 300-500 from that. This will give you a sufficient deficit for fat loss. There is no need to deprive your body of any more nutrients than that.

I would definitely suggest that you add SOME carbs into your diet. Veggies will help you out a ton with fat loss, and some more complex carbs in the morning and post workout will really help you out with gym performance, muscle gain and, ultimately, fat loss.

Have you ever thought of doing full body routines during the week rather than a split? They have worked the best for fat loss with me. Compound movements like squats, deadlifts, push ups, pull ups, dips, chin ups, bench, rows, clean and press, lunges, step ups are all some great movements to incorporate into a full body routine. They will work tons of muscles in your body and help you with burning fat everywhere.

You are on the right track with doing HIIT. It will really help speed your fat loss up! :)

allieinthegym

allieinthegym

Awards
Hey BabyWifey!

I do the antagonistic workout as recommended by the Team Scivation crew. I do squats, bench presses, rows in those routines. I try to change up a few exercises each week. I'm kind of at a loss for knowing what would produce a maximum results program for me, so I stick with "what I know". Which isn't much :(

I have to be careful with super-serious shoulder-intense things like dips. I separated both of them playing football a year ago. They're soooo much better than they used to be, but I did try dips a few weeks ago and that old feeling came back in my shoulders. I don't know what a clean and press is ;) I can find out though!

I did the BodPod testing, so I have my RMR and activity level numbers. According to this I am burning between 2130-2438 calories a day.

I do take the ON 2:1:1 recovery supp after my workouts.

I'm going to take this time to go on and revise this diet plan a little bit. thanks for the advice!

JDK5386

Hey BabyWifey!

I do the antagonistic workout as recommended by the Team Scivation crew. I do squats, bench presses, rows in those routines. I try to change up a few exercises each week. I'm kind of at a loss for knowing what would produce a maximum results program for me, so I stick with "what I know". Which isn't much :(

I have to be careful with super-serious shoulder-intense things like dips. I separated both of them playing football a year ago. They're soooo much better than they used to be, but I did try dips a few weeks ago and that old feeling came back in my shoulders. I don't know what a clean and press is ;) I can find out though!

I did the BodPod testing, so I have my RMR and activity level numbers. According to this I am burning between 2130-2438 calories a day.

I do take the ON 2:1:1 recovery supp after my workouts.

I'm going to take this time to go on and revise this diet plan a little bit. thanks for the advice!
IMO - you can't skip deadlifts and squats regardless of whether you're lifting for bulk or weight loss. They're both pretty easy to learn - just google "squat technique" or "deadlift technique"- and start off light.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have done the cut diet by team scivation and the hyperteophy workout, I love their products, their whey, xtend, a d vasocbarge are great. I would go with whatever ur book says. Double check ur calaculations. In the e-book it should tell you how to figure out what your caloric intake should be. Marc Lobeliner Lyle Mcdonald and Dereck Charbois are very smart guys and know their stuff, offense to anyone here but I would trust them over some Random fourm poster. I believe on their site they have a link for derrick and you can ask him questions and he will actually create a full plan for you. Either way good luck!!!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow typo ciity, sorry I posted from my phone

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised no one mentioned yet that you are actually getting 1650 cals if your consistently getting 35g P and 15g F 6 times a day. Do you have a specific weight goal to reach? What has your weight/body composition been doing while on this diet plan? have you tried having a "surplus" day or even do a carb day? If you've been at this calorie level consistently the whole time, have a day, maybe even two, to have a calorie spike to kick your body out of stagnation. You could keep the day no carbs, just increase the totals up to 2000-2200. If you do it as a carb day, expect to "gain" a couple pounds back from the glycogen pulling water back into your cells. After you drop the carbs and get back into keto, those couple pounds should go away again. Don't freak out about it, it's not fat gain, just water. My buddy does a 12-14week BB contest diet and usually stalls around week 6 or so. He eats a large cheese pizza on that saturday, and usually gets things going again.

BTW, what kind of meet is it you are doing?