Hot weather affect your diet?

jumpcannon

jumpcannon

Awards
Its getting hot and humid and i was wondering if anyone else is shedding weight do to the heat and humidity? I am down 8lbs in the last 30 days. My energy has been low and i don't eat like i used to. For me its hard to eat big when i have been working outside in this heat. How does it affect you?
Got any tips on how to maintain my size during this struggle? I even take protein drinks to work and have a really hard time stomaching them down.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm cutting so I'm definitely shedding weight. However the icecream temptations do get me occasionally; I've eased up on my diet. To maintain size, I suggest freezing bananas and eating them frozen. I've got through about 30 in the past 10 days doing this. Great snack to cool you down. Blend up with some no-sugar added frozen yogurt and peanutbutter...mmm!

merph

merph

Awards
I here ya all I want is cheese burgers and ice cold beer when it gets nice out. I just try to eat at certain times and certain amounts preplanned which helps a lot. It has been horrible and raining around here for way too long and been stuck inside which really sucks.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I'm cutting so I'm definitely shedding weight. However the icecream temptations do get me occasionally; I've eased up on my diet. To maintain size, I suggest freezing bananas and eating them frozen. I've got through about 30 in the past 10 days doing this. Great snack to cool you down. Blend up with some no-sugar added frozen yogurt and peanutbutter...mmm!
Nice tip. I like bananas but I've never tried them frozen.

I here ya all I want is cheese burgers and ice cold beer when it gets nice out. I just try to eat at certain times and certain amounts preplanned which helps a lot. It has been horrible and raining around here for way too long and been stuck inside which really sucks.
Been raining here too. Cool inside also so no problems eating but I'm also in a cut so I'm shedding a little weight.

OP - I think alot of times we lose our appetites because we're dehydrated from the heat. Drink alot of water - maybe ice water with a little bit of protein mixed in - to keep your hydration levels up.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Frozen bananas, or more commonly frozen grapes, make amazing snacks. I could probably freeze anything and eat it to keep me cool lol. Making frozen yogurt shakes + berries is heavenly in the summer; too bad my housemate broke my blender :mad:

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I work outside for a large Telecom company and spend all day in a 5000 lb sauna. The heat and humidity suck the life out of you, I ususally don't have any problems overeating a bunch of junk those days. I try to drink at least 4 liters of water during my 8 hour shift to stay hydrated. I also will have some kind of low cal sports drink or a water add-in I have that adds sodium, potassium, and like 5 carbs.

manishfusion

Awards
hi...really nice post .. actully i really need these types of post and articles. i am an student and currantly doing job.
so i have to adjust my workout routines thats why i usually seach on net for perfect workout routines .reguller sitting efect your body , increase fat and all that/ and i think your site is perfect for it . i am glad to find it . now i can balace in my workout , studies and job.
and i want more information about it .so please its my request reply me with more ideas ..
thanks
---------
fusion
---------

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
i'm the opposite.. i'm doing a winter cut and a summer bulk..

1. winter cut because i'm burning calories in winter no matter what.. body temperature rises to have equilibrium with environment... thermogenic.

2. Summer bulk because I can lift a lot more on a Summer morning... it's not all cold.

joelast

joelast

Awards
the only thing that really helps me is when i keep my **** cold, if you pack you protein shakes in a cooler wit some ice in them that should help. maybe hit up some new flavors too.

UKStrength

i'm the opposite.. i'm doing a winter cut and a summer bulk..

1. winter cut because i'm burning calories in winter no matter what.. body temperature rises to have equilibrium with environment... thermogenic.

2. Summer bulk because I can lift a lot more on a Summer morning... it's not all cold.
:goodpost: This is a great idea and similar to what I do, it's awful trying to lift heavy in the winter in England, you need an hour to warm up before you can start lifting!

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost: This is a great idea and similar to what I do, it's awful trying to lift heavy in the winter in England, you need an hour to warm up before you can start lifting!
The bloody cold rain takes hours to get out of my bones.

jumpcannon

jumpcannon

Awards
i sit on a locomotive most of my work shift with a cooler and skim milk protein drink. hot as hell and its hard for me to stomach the crap.

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
i used to workout outside.. and i live in extreme south georgia... every day it hits 100 and the humidity is at 100%... with no breeze.. haha.. so i know how u feel..

but i never had a problem eating.. i was always so tired that i had to have food for energy..

i'd say make sure u also keep water with you.. when you're really thirsty a protein shake wont quench your thirsty... and maybe switch it to milk and some sort of protein bar or food... i happen to love cold milk when i'm hot.. thought most ppl do not..

or find a good weight gainer shake.. homemade or other.. they tend to have better flavors

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
To the initial thread question......

ummmmmmm, yeah.

My main focus is to keep hydrated and from passing out.

Last week it was so hot, i got chills, dizzy and was nauseus many times. I consume at least 1.5 gallons of water in my 8 hour shift. (and pee only once, lol)

Heat advisory is over for now.

The last thing i was thinking about was brown rice and chicken........lol

I eat more cold fruit when its scorching out.