How bad are ketosticks?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For the life of me I NEVER show ketosis...

180-200 fats

200-220 prot

Taking a LOT of fat burners, not really doing cardio yet

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
Well if you are in a caloric deficet there shouldn't be many ketones around to be excreted. If you are basically running off of one energy source, you're body won't be p!ssinf out any extra.

Depending on your metabolism and everything, stimulant fat burners can hinder getting into ketosis. Caffeine and other andrenergixc stimuli cause an increase in insulin which helps utilize any floating glucose. If there is enough glut 4 receptor expression, your body will slide into gluconeogenesis ( conversion of proteins to glucose). Which will keep you out of ketosis and waste away muscle mass.

Also keep your water intake high can help with getting into ketosis.

Hope that helps.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well if you are in a caloric deficet there shouldn't be many ketones around to be excreted. If you are basically running off of one energy source, you're body won't be p!ssinf out any extra.

Depending on your metabolism and everything, stimulant fat burners can hinder getting into ketosis. Caffeine and other andrenergixc stimuli cause an increase in insulin which helps utilize any floating glucose. If there is enough glut 4 receptor expression, your body will slide into gluconeogenesis ( conversion of proteins to glucose). Which will keep you out of ketosis and waste away muscle mass.

Also keep your water intake high can help with getting into ketosis.

Hope that helps.
So maybe drop the ECA?

I am very very insulin insensitive (tested with injectable humalong), does this influence this in either way?

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
I would drop the e from the stack and try it with just the 200 mg of caff and a baby aspirin. Just to check it out. Also, I don't remember off the top of my head bit certain AA's are glycogenic ( leucine and alanine) check your supplementation for high levels. Since leucine is one of Bcaa's and generally in. 2:1:1 ratio of the others, that could be a problem. A lot of guys get themselves into trouble by taking stims and sucking down a bcaa cocktail and then get confused on why they can't turn that d@mn pregnancy stick purple.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would drop the e from the stack and try it with just the 200 mg of caff and a baby aspirin. Just to check it out. Also, I don't remember off the top of my head bit certain AA's are glycogenic ( leucine and alanine) check your supplementation for high levels. Since leucine is one of Bcaa's and generally in. 2:1:1 ratio of the others, that could be a problem. A lot of guys get themselves into trouble by taking stims and sucking down a bcaa cocktail and then get confused on why they can't turn that d@mn pregnancy stick purple.
No bcaa, even avoid whey as much as possible and eph is twice a day. I will cut it and see... I really hope I am not burning muscle....I got sick and lost all the muscle from my bulking cycle so I really cant lose anymore

I dont think I am using glucogenesis much because during INTENSE sweating I only have a very slightly off smell not the true amonia smell of a catablic state

Is clen any better?

Could low dose t3 hurt? Low enough just to replace at hrt level (25mcg)

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
Just because it's in my nature I want to help you out man. I'm a 3rd year medical student with a pharmacy background, and you can take my wisdom with a grain of salt.

Ease up on the stimulants, they wreck some major havoc on your body. Anyone who tells you different is lying. Everything that is brought into the body throws off some natural process. If this process is medically deficient, then the use is elicited. Clenbuterol, albuterol, caffeine, nicotine, t3... They are all exogenously being brought into a system to throw it off in some way. If you are throwing a cornacopia of drugs into your system, you can't adeqautely predict how your body is actually responding at a basal level.

Lay off the stims. Eat good clean food. Train like a madman. It will come in time brother.

Ps. Why are you running these stims when you want to put on muscle. Go on a clean bulk and then cut down. Just try without stims, it can be done.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just because it's in my nature I want to help you out man. I'm a 3rd year medical student with a pharmacy background, and you can take my wisdom with a grain of salt.

Ease up on the stimulants, they wreck some major havoc on your body. Anyone who tells you different is lying. Everything that is brought into the body throws off some natural process. If this process is medically deficient, then the use is elicited. Clenbuterol, albuterol, caffeine, nicotine, t3... They are all exogenously being brought into a system to throw it off in some way. If you are throwing a cornacopia of drugs into your system, you can't adeqautely predict how your body is actually responding at a basal level.

Lay off the stims. Eat good clean food. Train like a madman. It will come in time brother.

Ps. Why are you running these stims when you want to put on muscle. Go on a clean bulk and then cut down. Just try without stims, it can be done.
I dont have time for a clean bulk... Being sick made me lose my muscle but now its too late in the summer. Have to get cut like last month

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
I was wondering about this. I was doing a CKD diet with a Leviathan Reloaded/DCP/Napalm stack and sipping BCAA's during cardio. I never could make the ketostix change color, even when I had next to nothing for carbs...

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was wondering about this. I was doing a CKD diet with a Leviathan Reloaded/DCP/Napalm stack and sipping BCAA's during cardio. I never could make the ketostix change color, even when I had next to nothing for carbs...
I dont even do BCAA and NOTHING on my keto

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Ketostix are useless. IF you want certification from a ketostick, cut down your water intake until your pissing darkish yellow and it will turn purple. They are good for a beginners tool, but beyond that they can be thrown off by a few things.

1. Too much or too little water can alter the color
2. Whether or not you test before or after you've eaten
3. Time of the day, your body will naturally produce ketones while you sleep.
4. Storage, if they are kept in a humid area they will be useless.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ketostix are useless. IF you want certification from a ketostick, cut down your water intake until your pissing darkish yellow and it will turn purple. They are good for a beginners tool, but beyond that they can be thrown off by a few things.

1. Too much or too little water can alter the color
2. Whether or not you test before or after you've eaten
3. Time of the day, your body will naturally produce ketones while you sleep.
4. Storage, if they are kept in a humid area they will be useless.
Even first thing in am after sweating like an animal and so thirsty I can swallow i still get negative on the strips

manishfusion

Awards
re:

For the life of me I NEVER show ketosis...

180-200 fats

200-220 prot

Taking a LOT of fat burners, not really doing cardio yet
????????????????? will you please tell me more about it ..
----------
fusion
----------

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
You didnt mention your carb intake. If it is over 20-30 grams a day you probably won't go in to ketosis. Also as stated earlier the stimulants aren't helping.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You didnt mention your carb intake. If it is over 20-30 grams a day you probably won't go in to ketosis. Also as stated earlier the stimulants aren't helping.
It is almost 0 - just some almonds here and there, maybe a tbs of peanut butter once a day...

I think its the small dose of t3. just 25mcg but I cant stop it while dieting cause of the rebound

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
That is odd. You will be in ketosis with no carbs, the purpose of carbs is protective for muscle and to add in fiber. Protective for the muscle because the less glucose that needs to be synsthesized for the brain, the less protein that is broken down to do so.

If you are going through the normal routine of being in ketosis, seeing a big water drop in weight as glycogen is deplated , sweat or mouth odor that is associated with keto you might be in keto just not producing enough excess ketones to show on the sticks, which isn't a bad thing.

What all are you exactly using in supplementation?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That is odd. You will be in ketosis with no carbs, the purpose of carbs is protective for muscle and to add in fiber. Protective for the muscle because the less glucose that needs to be synsthesized for the brain, the less protein that is broken down to do so.

If you are going through the normal routine of being in ketosis, seeing a big water drop in weight as glycogen is deplated , sweat or mouth odor that is associated with keto you might be in keto just not producing enough excess ketones to show on the sticks, which isn't a bad thing.

What all are you exactly using in supplementation?
80mcg clen
25mcg t3
eph here and there - 50mg day max
1-2 a-yoh caps a day
Eviscerate
just started cordygen vo2
pramipexole here and there

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
It is the stims. Excessive stims will create a rise in blood sugar. Your body is just producing it from protein.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Alone, Ephedrea, Clen, yohimbe, caffiene, shouldn't have a adverse side effect. Might be the t3, I'm not really sure.

From what I read, using the ECA stack with yohimbe would be beneficial. (Lyle McDonald in the Ketogenic diet) and there is also suggested use of ephedra (body opus log). t3 i'm not sure how it would react, nor am I sure about cordygen or pramipexole.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its gotta be the t3... but I cant just stop it, you can keep from gaining fat when you come off it but you really cant lose weight

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I STILL think its the t3...

t3 does not care and will breakdown any calories so it will convert proteins to glucose BUT my dose is so low. Still though, in Ketosis the body does normally slow down its t3 production. 25mcg is generally considered to be about equal to a normal persons output but it makes me think if I should back off to 12.5mcg since I am in keto then cut my calories down.

I have been around 2600 cals

170f
250p

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
what exactly does the t3 do? i'm taking ephedra and caffine right now, 50/200. i need to add something extra.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what exactly does the t3 do? i'm taking ephedra and caffine right now, 50/200. i need to add something extra.
A somewhat dangerous drug that mimics the output of your natural thyroid. I wouldn't touch it.

Stick to the Ephedrine, Caffeine, and perhaps some Geranium.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A somewhat dangerous drug that mimics the output of your natural thyroid. I wouldn't touch it.

Stick to the Ephedrine, Caffeine, and perhaps some Geranium.
Least dangerous fat drug out there with a little knowledge...but you need to use PH/AAS