New here and no clue what's up.

NoFatChix

Awards
Hey to anyone that may read this. Also don't take offense to my handle, it's just because fat girls are the only ones that talk to me when i'm out and about and i'd like to lose weight with your guys' help so I can get skinny girls. Anyways, I've been half-assing my diet and workout for the past 6 weeks or so. I've lost 6 lbs since then. Today I was told by a friend of mine(also a member here) that my caloric intake isn't high enough. I average 1200 - 1500 calories a day. I'm not forcing the issue, i'm just never hungry. I'm 5-9 and 205 lbs. My ideal weight would be somewhere around 185. Here was my day and it's pretty typical. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Wake up:
Worked on back and shoulders for 40 minutes

Breakfast: Banana
Snack: Whey Protein shake with 2 tbsp fiber
Lunch: 6oz tuna(straight from the package)
Snack: Apple / Fiber one bar
Dinner: 1 cup Broccoli and 2 chicken thighs (salt and pepper only)

Usually my second snack is another protein shake but I was cleaning the garage and actually hungry for a change.

PS. I can't afford to go to a gym now, so any exercise tips would be great too. Most of my workout consists of using an elastic band, calisthenics and cardio.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
You should definitely bump the calories some to start, at least to 2000 or maybe 2200. It will take a week or so of eating when you aren't hungry. You can divide it into 6 meals so they are smaller which will help.

As far as exercises, definitely pushups, if you have a way to do pullups. What type of cardio do you do now? You might do a search for something like homemade weights and see if you can cobble something together to use at home. Or just save up some money and buy a cheapo weight set from craigslist if that's possible.

thapr3dat0r

Awards
Training:
Cardio first thing in the morning shortly after waking, before first meal. Run outside or do something where you can keep your heart rate elevated. Start around 20 minutes and slowly work up to around 30-45 minutes. Perform cardio 5-6 times per week. If you can't fit in cardio in the morning just do it when you can. Just do something. Lift weights, 3-4 times a week.

Diet:
Based on your body weight you should be taking in around 2200-2400 calories a day. Split into six small meals a day. Eat every 3 hours. You need a lean protein, complex carb and fibrous carb in each and every meal. Example: 1 Chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccoli. EAT CLEAN whole foods. No fast food, no candy, ice cream, chips etc. Diet is KEY in losing fat. Drink LOTS of water.

Girls:
Doesn't matter what you look like. It's all about confidence. But being in shape definitely helps with the first impression :)