Low Carb Milk.....Awsome

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
HOOD, Low Carb Dairy Drinks - Carb Countdown low carb Dairy Beveregs from H.P. hood. They have Whole Milk, 2%, skim, and Chocolate 2%. They are thicker then normal milk, kind of like heavy cream or in the chocolate milk case, a milkshake, but they are really good, and are much lower in carbs then regular milk. They are avialble at Wallmarts that have a food store, and in some other supermarkets

For people who live in the Northeast Stop & Shop has it...Great stuff

IMO it taste's better than milk more like cream and contains more protien than milk and only 2 CArbs...

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 cup

Amount per Serving

Calories 130 Calories from Fat 70

% Daily Values

Total Fat 8g 12%

Saturated Fat 5g 25%

Cholesterol 35mg 11%

Sodium 210mg 9%

Total Carbohydrate 3g 1%

Dietary Fiber 0g
1%

Sugars 3g

Protein 12g 24%

Vitamin A 6% Calcium 35%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%
Vitamin D 35%

Hood introduces Carb Countdown™, the dairy solution for those counting their carbs™. Carb Countdown is the only Atkins approved refrigerated dairy beverage that provides the wholesome, creamy nutrition of milk without all the carbohydrates. In fact, each 8-ounce serving contains 3 grams of carbohydrate — that’s 75% less carbs than whole milk, and 90% less carbs than chocolate milk. And each 8-ounce serving of Carb Countdown has up to 50% more protein than a glass of milk, with more calcium and fewer calories. The Carb Countdown line includes Homogenized, 2% Reduced Fat and Fat Free white varieties, and 2% Reduced Fat Chocolate. Carb Countdown is available in the refrigerated dairy section at retailers nationwide.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
yeah it's definitely good stuff. around here though it is priced at 3$ per half gallon, which is a mother load, and unfortunately all the atkiners buy practically ALL of them before i ever get back to the store, so i can never catch any. but as a concept i think it's pretty cool :D

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
yeah it's definitely good stuff. around here though it is priced at 3$ per half gallon, which is a mother load, and unfortunately all the atkiners buy practically ALL of them before i ever get back to the store, so i can never catch any. but as a concept i think it's pretty cool :D
I love that stuff on low carb days - makes it easy to drink protein shakes with oil :D

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
I've been using this stuff for a while; awesome product! :D

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Choclate is like drinking a thick milkshake...I love this stuff I mix 3 scoops of vanila optimum Whey protien and I am in high protien dairy heaven....

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Heh, thanks man.......I think it's time I paid wally-world a visit tonight. :)

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for posting that Madman, it's good stuff. I got the skim and it's slightly different than normal skim, but I'm used to it now. It's great in oatmeal too. Can't wait to try the chocolate.

size

Awards
  • Established
I have yet to see this stuff at a cost effective price. However, if you can afford it and you like it, then by all means get some.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Little help here. Living in NYC..... anyone on the board know where i can find this locally? Holla
Sage

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I always see it in Walmart....tempting except the price :)

djv

Awards
yep

Top notch taste. I get the fat free

70 cals
0 fat
0 sat fat
less then 5mg cholesterol
210 mg sodium
3 carbs
3 gms sugar
12 gms protein
http://www.hphood.com/products/products.list.Mk.asp

All for a full 8 oz
2.67 here at the local Arizona Wally World.

As for the chocolate?
The wife bought it last night. It only comes in 2%.
Taste unbelievable.

100 cals
4.5 fat
2.5 sat fat
fat
25mg cholesterol
350 mg sodium
3 carbs
2 gms sugar
12 gms protein

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
there's chocolate too huh? the regular skim is very good once you get used to the thicker richer consistency again... but man, you'd think here in wisconsin it would be easier to find!

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
Ive had It at Home in MS. But cannot seem to find It Here In Hawaii?? Anybody know?

Wreck

Awards
After reading this thread I searched some out at the Super Wal-Mart on my last trip to the groc. I got the fat free and have to say it tastes every bit as good, if not better than the 2% I usually get. And at 2 for $5, only marginally more expensive.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You know what will happen guy's,as soon as the popularity grow's other companies other than hood will offer it and this will bring the proice down..

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
Little help here. Living in NYC..... anyone on the board know where i can find this locally? Holla
Sage

dude don't you have tons of like healthfood..vegetarian...wellness...etc shops..they probably have that?

There is a shope maybe like a block or two from roosevelt blvd or by that street...they have a lot of cool things, like bulk yohibe bark

its by like st lukes hospital or something

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Damm good product, but the price kills me. I'll have to donate blood and/or sperm to afford that.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I find that my protein mixes way easier in the carb countdown milks than in normal milk....and tastes better too!

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
picked up the nonfat carton the other day. Notice nothing different from regular skim milk... better digestion of it though. Im gonna pick up the chocolate and see how that is. Not bad nutritional content on that bad boy either. Price isnt really an issue when you think about the amount of protein in grams per serving and how much serving you get in one carton. uknow... 2 servings (2 cups) yields about 24g of protein.... 4 of these in a $3.50 carton.... not too shabby. minus the carbs (hehe)
Sage