stuck and need help

To0l8er

To0l8er

Awards
hey guys, i need a little bit of help on this matter of cutting some bf off me. im 5'8 and around 200. ive lost a good amount of weight so far this summer and starting to get pretty vascular, my dieting has been pretty decent but havent maintained pretty well for the last couple of weeks and i've just got back on track. my question is i feel i might of hit a point where i wont be able to drop in any more bf. any suggestions of improvement will help. if need be, i will post my workouts and my meal plans. if cardio is needed more please help and offer tips to help improve and see quicker results. i know dieting is a key ingredient in losing fat, but also meal plans of things i could cook would be much appreciated. my bf% is at 16%. help will be great thanks.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
hey guys, i need a little bit of help on this matter of cutting some bf off me. im 5'8 and around 200. ive lost a good amount of weight so far this summer and starting to get pretty vascular, my dieting has been pretty decent but havent maintained pretty well for the last couple of weeks and i've just got back on track. my question is i feel i might of hit a point where i wont be able to drop in any more bf. any suggestions of improvement will help. if need be, i will post my workouts and my meal plans. if cardio is needed more please help and offer tips to help improve and see quicker results. i know dieting is a key ingredient in losing fat, but also meal plans of things i could cook would be much appreciated. my bf% is at 16%. help will be great thanks.
Do that. :type:

To0l8er

To0l8er

Awards
how many calories under maintenance are you eating? It may be a good idea to switch up your calorie intake every day. Carb cycling may be a good option for you to look into. I have had great fat loss results carb cycling. Here is an article on it:

Also, you may want to switch up your routine too. I suggest full body lifting routines for fat loss.
really i dont know what my calorie intake was during maintenance, ive done nothing through all the years of lifting trying to tone or cut bf. ive just done mass and strength since the days ive started. ive been researching and asking questions about this and i feel i may need a bit more info to get a better understanding. my calorie intake right now is about 2500-3000. should i reduce it or is that about right for my weight? bc im not trying to lose strength or size, im just trying to lose the bf. ive gotten stronger as a matter of fact and also lost some bf.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Well you need to know exactly how much you are eating to start. So jot down on paper your typical day and calculate it up. It only takes a 500 cal swing to make some progress. If you are at the 3000 cal mark, then go to 2500. If you are at 2500, then go to 2200 and add some more cardio. You can go to www.fitday.com and plug in what you eat and it will calculate totals for you. You can cycle your calorie total each day, like mentioned earlier. Take the amount of calories you have been eating since weight loss stalled, which is your maintenance amount, and subtract 300. Make that your high calorie day, and subtract 500, and make that your low calorie day. Also, post up you workout.

Big Lee

Big Lee

Awards
Keepa detailed log for a week and calculate your average daily intake. Then reduce it by 500 cal and add a little extra cardio.

Big Lee

Big Lee

Awards
If you dont have a detailed record of what you have done in the past, you wont have a map for the future.

To0l8er

To0l8er

Awards
thanks you guys, ill definately do that. Ive been writing it down, but i need some more variety, its starting to just get BLAH to me. and big lee i like that last post you left. WISE.

shortstop1616

Awards
Follow Big Lee up there do not carb cycle... carbohydrates have high affinity to water and weight loss due to excessive carb reduction is due to water loss

To0l8er

To0l8er

Awards
Well you need to know exactly how much you are eating to start. So jot down on paper your typical day and calculate it up. It only takes a 500 cal swing to make some progress. If you are at the 3000 cal mark, then go to 2500. If you are at 2500, then go to 2200 and add some more cardio. You can go to and plug in what you eat and it will calculate totals for you. You can cycle your calorie total each day, like mentioned earlier. Take the amount of calories you have been eating since weight loss stalled, which is your maintenance amount, and subtract 300. Make that your high calorie day, and subtract 500, and make that your low calorie day. Also, post up you workout.
so 3000 is my high calorie day? and my lowest would be 2500? or after i i subtract 300 from maintenance at 2700 would be my high calorie day and 2200 would be low?? just trying to clarify.

and shortstop so if i do carb cycle i wont see ne results, and i thought you need some sort of carbs in your diet just not and excessive amount. can you please clarify.

time lord

time lord

Awards
you definately DO want carbs... ideally try a macro breakdown of 65/20/15 C/P/F. that should be sufficient carbs to maintain performance and muscle gain while still losing bodyfat if you're watching your daily calorie intake closely and putting the vast majority of those carbs into your breakfast, preworkout meal, and postworkout meal. don't jump on the low carb bandwagon. get picky and scientific w/ a food log and you can certainly reduce bf while maintaining performance, even while ingesting plenty of carbs.

manishfusion

Awards
re:

if you are in diet then you should maintain it .. other wise it doesnt work