Abandoning the diet

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I am 10 days into a cutting cycle and trying to keep the diet super clean. About 5 days ago I thought I was getting a cold and today it feels like I have to full out flu. I have chills, back ache, sore throat - the works. Today I'm thinking of even skipping the gym. I've been getting plenty of water but I'm thinking of cheating on the diet and having some chicken soup or something. I was in contact with someone in my state who was diagnosed with the swine flu and I am going to be SO pissed off if I get that. O man will I be pissed.

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
I am 10 days into a cutting cycle and trying to keep the diet super clean. About 5 days ago I thought I was getting a cold and today it feels like I have to full out flu. I have chills, back ache, sore throat - the works. Today I'm thinking of even skipping the gym. I've been getting plenty of water but I'm thinking of cheating on the diet and having some chicken soup or something. I was in contact with someone in my state who was diagnosed with the swine flu and I am going to be SO pissed off if I get that. O man will I be pissed.
You definitely want to make sure your better before continuing to cut. Keep that immune system strong.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
are you oinking at all?
haha - yeah but i've always been kind of a pig - at least that's what my wife says.

You definitely want to make sure your better before continuing to cut. Keep that immune system strong.
so maybe up my calories to a maintenance level for the rest of this week. I suppose that'd only be one week lost.

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
Yes. Dieting is stressful to the body. Your main goal right now should be getting well. One week will not set you back.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
yeah man... as much as it pisses you off, skip your sessions and eat to recover from sickness. Recover first and then get back at the gym... there's no point going half baked. It will just make your immunity worse.