Female fat loss help

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.95%

Female fat loss help - with Raynaud's

My wife is having a bit of trouble losing fat. She is 5'1" 115lbs. Has a decent diet, works out about 3-4 times a week. She works a very stressful position and I know her cortisol levels are through the roof. My question is, what fat-loss supplement can she take to help burn some fat? One important note - she has Raynaud's Phenomenon, which is a "circulation problem" (for a simple explanation) so she can not take supplements with vasoconstrictors.
    I see Vat-Attack has good reviews, Dermatherm Target has gotten good reviews as well. From my understanding neither of these will have a problem with vasoconstriction, correct? Any other supplements out there that you would recommend, and why?

Thanks

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

How much fat could she have at 115lbs? How much does she want to lose? How about turning a decent diet into at least a "good" one? What is her workout like? I'm sure that could be tweaked some. I would suggest posting up her diet and workout plans. Then see what can be adjusted from there before jumping into taking supps that she might not even need at this point.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

a cort blocker couldnt hurt, i would pry lean more toward the tried and true leanfx lean xtreme or maybe even suppress c, its getting good reviews at present
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.95%

Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    How much fat could she have at 115lbs? How much does she want to lose? How about turning a decent diet into at least a "good" one? What is her workout like? I'm sure that could be tweaked some. I would suggest posting up her diet and workout plans. Then see what can be adjusted from there before jumping into taking supps that she might not even need at this point.
    She can stand to lose 5-10lbs, she is very petite. Her diet is not "great" because due to work she sometimes has to miss a meal or two through out her 13hour shifts. She hardly has anytime to sit and eat a real meal (not just her but everyone in her department has confirmed their demanding schedules)
    So breakfast could be a shake or protein bar
    Lunch - salad with chicken, tuna on whole wheat, something I made (i.e. chix n rice)
    Two Snacks might be some almonds, cashews, a protein bar or shake, depending on what breakfast and lunch was
    Dinner - salad with tuna or chix, shake, egg whites and veggies.
    Workouts are basically split into legs, arms and back, chest/shoulder, all with cardio (whether it be running, elliptical) normally in a HIIT then slower intensity fashion.

Her schedule and assignments end up determining her diet and her workouts - as there are days she is at work for 16 hours, she can not get to the gym after work, and comes up throws back a shake and falls asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by panther77 View Post
    a cort blocker couldnt hurt, i would pry lean more toward the tried and true leanfx lean xtreme or maybe even suppress c, its getting good reviews at present
    What do you think of the Vat-Attack in comparison to Lean xtreme? (I choose that one since I have used it in the past during a pct)
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.95%

bumping this up, so some of the medically inclined can answer the medical based question.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

if you liked it i dont see why it would hurt for her to give it a try man
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.95%

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey13 View Post
    One important note - she has Raynaud's Phenomenon, which is a "circulation problem" (for a simple explanation) so she can not take supplements with vasoconstrictors.
    I see Vat-Attack has good reviews, Dermatherm Target has gotten good reviews as well. From my understanding neither of these will have a problem with vasoconstriction, correct? Any other supplements out there that you would recommend, and why?

Thanks
    I was looking for reply's on as to whether or not Vat-Attack or Dermatherm Target would be ok for her, due to her medical condition.

Quote Originally Posted by panther77 View Post
    if you liked it i dont see why it would hurt for her to give it a try man
    I am slightly considering having her try it, but I wanted to see what others had to say about these two in particular. While I used it on PCT, I did not notice any fat loss, so that is another reason why I was asking about other cortisol blockers. (used it, never said I liked it )

Similar Forum Threads

1. Female very resistant to weight loss
    By oilerfan8 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 10:38 AM
  2. female weight loss
    By Sharonisarose in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 12:47 PM
  3. Female fat loss
    By Svgeman in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 2