Need to Lose 10lbs by 06/29/09

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
Hi Guys,

I am currently in the process of trying to Join the U.S Coast Guards. My recruiter had said I need to lose 10lbs before I go to the Meps station. The day I was giving was the 29th of this month.

The following are my current Supps:

Leviathan Reloaded
Anabolic Pump
Reset A.D
CLA
Omega-3
Optimum Nutrition Multi Vitamin
Glucosamine & MSM
Whey Protein Isolate by ALL the whey
Jacked
Fiber powder ( I add this to my protein shake)
* Should I add anything else?

My Workouts
[COLOR*********]Monday[/COLOR]- Legs, followed by a 10- 20 min walk (treadmill)

Tuesday- Rest Day

Wed- Chest/Back, followed by a 10-20 min (treadmill)

Thursday- Fast Cardio for 45mins. I Usually start with HITT for the first 20 Mins, than a light jog(treadmill) for 25 mins.

Friday- Shoulder/Traps- Followed by 30 min of cardio( bike).

Saturday- Bi's/Tri's Followed by 15 min Jog(treadmill) 20 mins of med pace(bike)

Sunday- Fast Cardio 30 mins at a med pace (treadmill)

I was thinking of adding morning (7am)fast cardio M-F and still lift weights around noon. Do you think this would be too soon after I do my morning run?

* I will add my meals later this evening and I apologize ahead of time for my grammar......currently in a hurry.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
It should be ok. If possible, since youlift farily early in the day, maybe do late evening cardio if possible. Is "Meps" basically boot camp? If so, find out what your PT will be when you get there, and start doing that type of training now, so you will be more prepared for it and give you an edge.

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Man. I wish I was already at boot camp, M.E.P.S is Military Entrance Processing Station. I have to lose the 10lbs before I'm considered into the Coast Guards.

So it would be best to lift in the a.m. and cardio say around 8pm?

Rican4lfe

Awards
keep ur diet in check, find what ur maintenance for calories is ans reduce it by 200-300 cal..... keep protein at 1-1.5 grams per pound of body weight. And HIIT is what have done it for me... 25 min mon- sat .. weights mon- fri 30-45 min.... good luck in ur enlistment......

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Listen - you have a weight goal and about 17 days left to get there as of today.

If it were me, and knowing that all of your lifting, etc., is going to cease for a while once you get to basic anyway, I'd really focus on extra cardio and I'd totally eliminate all carbs after about 2pm. I'd keep them under 100g p/day anyway, stay away from any white carbs - only ingest carbs via fibrous veggies, brown rice, sweet potato and nuts.

You won't see a weight bar, dumbbell, etc. until after you are done with basic. Your PT will consist of running, marching, push ups, sit ups, crunches, jumping jacks, etc. The more of it you do now, the better prepared you'll be.

You probably won't have much issue maintaining it when you get there, as you'll have far less time to eat while in basic and you'll be on the go all the time. Most people lose weight in basic, although, there are those who gain weight, but they are the minority.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
The Jack3d contains creatine monohydrate, how many scoops are you taking? I would drop that and get off creatine. That should make you lose a few lbs on its own. Maybe switch to another stim if you need one and another source of Beta Alanine.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and.... this may sound horrible but pre-bed on the 27th take in 20g or so of fiber from benefiber or psyllium husks. First thing in the morning on the 28th take some stims (coffee is fine) to force a good bowel movement, and then eat nothing solid all day. Shakes are ok so long as they have no fiber. This alone is worth a good 3+lbs of just digestive tract loss. Plus if you can, stop drinking anything including water by about 5 or 6pm on the 28th. then the morning of the 29th, you should be lightly dehydrated and totally empty.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
:)

However do you need to perform well on that same day? Would be nice if weigh-in and fysical tests are on seperate days.. Otherwise you will suck bad being totally dehydrated, depleted etc etc

astoica

Awards
Start Adding Cardio To Your exercise And Also Watch What You Eat As Well.

By Doing That For About # Weeks You Will Loose The 10lbs

Rican4lfe

Awards
on the following page u have what most likely u will be measure against during the USCG boot camp
military.com/military-fitness/coast-guard-fitness-requirements/physical-fitness-assessment
hope it helps

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Fasted Cardio 30-60min every morning, keep your weight training in the evenings depending on the duration of the morning cardio you can do up to 30min postworkout. As for the diet I would take the ketogenic approach with a one meal carb up on the weekend. Total calories should probably be less than 2200 to reach your goal.

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
on the following page u have what most likely u will be measure against during the USCG boot camp
military.com/military-fitness/coast-guard-fitness-requirements/physical-fitness-assessment
hope it helps
Thank you guys for all the tips. Would it be okay to still consume my daily 4 protein shakes(I only use water)?

Hey Rican4lfe thanks for the link.

I just copied and paste the below from the link above, I'm a little confused.

"If you fail the weight screening using the weight standards you will be measured to determine your body fat percentage. If your body fat exceeds the limits (shown on the chart below) you will be placed on probation, during which you must lose the excess weight or body fat.
"

slackadjuster

Awards
Start taking a water pill 1 week before you go to the meps. You can lose at least 10 lbs of water.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Thank you guys for all the tips. Would it be okay to still consume my daily 4 protein shakes(I only use water)?

Hey Rican4lfe thanks for the link.

I just copied and paste the below from the link above, I'm a little confused.

"If you fail the weight screening using the weight standards you will be measured to determine your body fat percentage. If your body fat exceeds the limits (shown on the chart below) you will be placed on probation, during which you must lose the excess weight or body fat.
"
-Hey dude i had the same problem for the corps. Eat nothing solid for two days before weigh in. This. Will. Suck. Drink only water and bike, run, ****, do whatever it takes to drain ur body of all water weight you can.

Laxative before hand helps. Clean your body.

During my last bout in the Marines, i weighed more than the req limit for my height. i was supposed to be at 185, weighed in at 200lbs. they measured body fat and i was @ 19-18% good cause my PFT was at 1st class.

So its okay to be over weight as long as you have low body fat %.

I did this and lost the 10lbs i needed to get in, afterwards i refilled at mcd's and water.