A flubbers quest to lose love handles

ashe555

ashe555

Awards
Hey guys I really need your help here in losing my love handles. To start with ever since I remember I’ve been having love handles so gained my name flubber in primary school. I have been working out hard for 3 years straight now but never have I been able to lose my flab of S*** around my waist, But I did gain lot of experience and knowledge from 3 continuous years of failure. Later I decided to stop trying to lose the fat and gain some serious mass apart from the fat. I did a 10 week cycle of test-e while carrying 18% BF which was again a terrible mistake but I did put on 14 Kg while gaining 2% BF…And been able to keep almost all the gains after PCT while losing 2 kg.
And now I really want to shed the fat my current stats are
5’6
85 KG
22-24% BF
So this is the diet I have been considering
Day 1: Low carb
Meal one: whey protein with 30-35 grams oats
Meal two: veggie salad with baked chicken breast
Meal 3: 5 egg whites with 30 grams low fat cottage cheese
Caffeine
Meal 4: (post work out) 1 banana,whey protein,250 ml cranberry juice
Meal 5: 1 whole grilled chicken
Meal 6: 6 egg whites with 2 tsp cottage cheese or protein shake

Day 2: low carb
Remains the same

Day 3 high carb
Meal 1: whey protein with 30-35 grams oats and 1 banana
Meal 2: 200 grams chicken and 1 small bowl of rice
Meal 3: low fat noodles with 4 egg whites
Caffeine
Meal 4: (post work out): 1 banana ,1 tin red bull, and whey protein
Meal 5:chicken rice

Day 4:low carb
Same as day 1

Day 5 medium carb:
Meal 1: whey protein with 30-35 grams oats and 1 banana
Meal 2: Meal two: veggie salad with baked chicken breast
Meal 3: Meal 3: low fat noodles with 4 egg whites
Caffeine
Meal 4: (post work out): 1 banana ,1 tin red bull, and whey protein
Meal 5: 1 whole grilled chicken with 1 small bowl brown rice

Day 6:low carb same as day 1

Day 7: med carb

Same as day 3

Workout routine:
Day 1: (low carb day) 1 hour of slow paced cardio followed by 3 ab exercises and 2 oblique exercises consisting of 3 sets and 15-25 reps

Day 2: (low carb day) arms
Over head tricep extension 4 sets 10-12 reps
Barbell curl 4 sets 10-12 reps
Machine tricep extionsion 4 sets 10-12 reps
DB kickback 4 sets 10-12 reps
High pulley cable curl 4 sets 10-12 reps
15 min Hiit cardio

Day 3 (high carb) legs
Hack squats 4 sets 10-12 reps
Leg extension 4 sets 10-12 reps
Lying leg curl 4 sets 10-12 reps
Seated calf raise 4 sets 10-12 reps
Standing calf rise 4 sets 10-12 reps
8- 12 min Hiit cardio

Day 4 (medium carb): back
Wide grip pull up 4 sets 10-12 reps
Plate loaded one arm row 4 sets 10-12 reps
Barbell or T- bar row 4 sets 10-12 reps
Standing high pulley v bar row 4 sets 10-12 reps
Dead lift 6 sets 6-12 reps (last two sets 2 rep)

Day 5(medium carb) chest
Incline smith press 4 sets 10-12 reps
Chest dip 4 sets 10-12 reps
Flat DB press 4 sets 10-12 reps
Incline fly 4 sets 10-12 reps
Cable cross over 4 sets 10-12 reps

Day 6: off

Day 7:(med carb)
Morning :1 hour slow paced cardio followed by abs
Evening :weighted jump rope (HIIT)
HIIT’s are performed in tread mill 1 min on and 1 min off
Average walking time per day 2 hours apart from exercises
So yeah this is pretty much everything please let me know what changes to be made

And also supps currenly taking
Cell mass(hoping to retain some mass)
Whey protein
Fish oil 3 grams /day
Multivitamin/vitamin-C
And waiting desperately for DCP, napalm and lipoderm ultra

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i would say drop the red bull and banana from post workout

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, adding more fibrous veggies to your diet would definitely benefit you. I say eat as many veggies as you can- they will only help you lose fat and provide a great amount of vitamins and minerals.

As for your training routine: I would suggest dropping the one that you currently have, and starting up a 3-4 day/week full body routine. With your goal, you will likely see more results sooner by doing a full body routine. Doing compound movements every time you lift will help you lose fat much quicker. Squats, Deadlifts, Rows, Chin Ups, Pull Ups, Dips, Bench, Lunges, Step Ups, Clean and Press are all some great movements to incorporate into one's weekly full body routines. The more muscles a movement incorporates, the better it will be for burning fat.

Lifting 5 days a week is overkill if you decide on doing full body routines. 3-4 days a week is quite sufficient. Adding cardio will definitely help with fat loss. I'd suggest doing HIIT Sprints on your off days from lifting.

ashe555

ashe555

Awards
i would say drop the red bull and banana from post workout
Hey thats exactly what ive been thinking about, the only reason I add them is after workout i sometimes kinda feel really really wasted...I mean I could swear i saw stars flickering in my locker room lost time I skipped them ...Any suggestion on what I could add instead of that?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i'd think the sugar free red bull and maybe a handful of almonds?

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey thats exactly what ive been thinking about, the only reason I add them is after workout i sometimes kinda feel really really wasted...I mean I could swear i saw stars flickering in my locker room lost time I skipped them ...Any suggestion on what I could add instead of that?
You could definitely take some kind of energy supplement pre workout to help you all the way through lifting and afterward. I really like X-Force- it helps with Mood enhancement, energy boosting and fat loss as well.

ashe555

ashe555

Awards
Well, adding more fibrous veggies to your diet would definitely benefit you. I say eat as many veggies as you can- they will only help you lose fat and provide a great amount of vitamins and minerals.

As for your training routine: I would suggest dropping the one that you currently have, and starting up a 3-4 day/week full body routine. With your goal, you will likely see more results sooner by doing a full body routine. Doing compound movements every time you lift will help you lose fat much quicker. Squats, Deadlifts, Rows, Chin Ups, Pull Ups, Dips, Bench, Lunges, Step Ups, Clean and Press are all some great movements to incorporate into one's weekly full body routines. The more muscles a movement incorporates, the better it will be for burning fat.

Lifting 5 days a week is overkill if you decide on doing full body routines. 3-4 days a week is quite sufficient. Adding cardio will definitely help with fat loss. I'd suggest doing HIIT Sprints on your off days from lifting.
I have been adding quite a lot of veggies now, the subway salad's seem pretty good (obviously no sauce).
Thanks for ur input will throw in more compound exercises , frankly I have never been a fan of full body workouts, but I have been hearing this often to try full body workouts during cutting. I will look it up and lets see if it could get me where I want faster.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Food will help for sure! You should really expect to be worn out after lifting. If you aren't more tired than when you started, your workouts probably are not difficult enough! ;)

ashe555

ashe555

Awards
On checking out the sugar free red bull doesn't actually have much carbs!so u think that would do?
For some reason i think simple carbs after workout do wonders for me in terms of growth and recovery, but yeah will give almonds a shot.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
On checking out the sugar free red bull doesn't actually have much carbs!so u think that would do?
For some reason i think simple carbs after workout do wonders for me in terms of growth and recovery, but yeah will give almonds a shot.
Have you ever thought of making your own intra workout or post workout shake? Picking up some malto dextrin and dextrose and adding some BCAAs will make you a great shake. I make my own intra workout shake every time I work out. It makes a significant difference for me.

ashe555

ashe555

Awards
You could definitely take some kind of energy supplement pre workout to help you all the way through lifting and afterward. I really like X-Force- it helps with Mood enhancement, energy boosting and fat loss as well.
Food will help for sure! You should really expect to be worn out after lifting. If you aren't more tired than when you started, your workouts probably are not difficult enough! ;)
As it is I taken caffeine pre workout and it seems to do its job.As i'v already told after workouts I'm worn really bad especially on low carb days I literally see stars in locker room it starts to fade away once I consume red bull...
And by the way I don't drink the big can of red bull, this is a classic tin one.
And my protein shake consists of BCAA,GLutamine ...And on days i don't consume red bull I add dextrose mono hydrate..

Attachments