Trying To Loose 25lbs! Is There Anything I Should Take?

TonyBSRT

Awards
Hey people. I've been working out but I can't seem to get rid of the fat around my waist and on my chest. It's driving me crazy! I'm getting bigger, but damn! I need something that is going to give me energy (I used to take Hydroxycut, but well). I work in sales up to 12hrs a day and it gets tough to do a solid workout without some help. I'm very stimulent tolerant too. I just need some advice or even a good place to start looking at different things. I'd appreciate help. Thanks!

Tony B

keeper

Get Jacked or G.A.T.'s Jet Fuel and switch to HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) to replace your current cardio routine. 20 min. done only 3 times a week, it is a fat buster like you cannot believe. I've just finished my forth week and it's really amazing. Read the "INTERVAL TRAINING...YES!!!" thread on the training board.

If you have questions, you can pm me or google HIIT and study it. It's important that you understand the importance of the heart rate peaks and valleys.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey people. I've been working out but I can't seem to get rid of the fat around my waist and on my chest. It's driving me crazy! I'm getting bigger, but damn! I need something that is going to give me energy (I used to take Hydroxycut, but well). I work in sales up to 12hrs a day and it gets tough to do a solid workout without some help. I'm very stimulent tolerant too. I just need some advice or even a good place to start looking at different things. I'd appreciate help. Thanks!

Tony B
You may want to fix that stim tolerance. Reset AD is a great product for adrenal fatigue. I've used it several times and it has always done the trick. After your body is sensitive to stims again, there are some great energy/fat loss products out there that you could look into. Shred Matrix, Reduction, X-Force are some good ones.

Like Keeper said, HIIT is gonna be great for helping you drop some fat- especially if you have a good lifting routine.

MassBuilda123

Awards
Get Jacked or G.A.T.'s Jet Fuel and switch to HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) to replace your current cardio routine. 20 min. done only 3 times a week, it is a fat buster like you cannot believe. I've just finished my forth week and it's really amazing. Read the "INTERVAL TRAINING...YES!!!" thread on the training board.

If you have questions, you can pm me or google HIIT and study it. It's important that you understand the importance of the heart rate peaks and valleys.
i'm gonna have my girlfriend try this out she's looking to lose some weight for the summer

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i'm gonna have my girlfriend try this out she's looking to lose some weight for the summer
It is great for fat loss. I don't know how effective it would be without a good lifting routine though.

keeper

I am sure it will help with weight loss, if her diet is right but I was not trying to lose weight, only body fat. I have been doing a rigorous lifting routine since Feb, started HIIT a month ago, and between the 2, here are the numbers:

Feb 4th:
weight- 130, body fat 21.20%

June 3rd:
weight- 130, body fat 15.24%

I give HIIT the big props. I love lifting and the definition that has been revealed since my fat is being burned away, but HIIT broke my plateau. I'm amazed.

TonyBSRT

Awards
Thanks for the info. How should I begin HIIT? I've never been huge into cardio. I've always loved lifting.

keeper

In the Training forum there is a thread titled "INTERVAL TRAINING...YES!!!" There's good info there.

I love lifting, too and HATED cardio til I started HIIT. It's a whole new world.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
You need to work on dialing in your diet...don't rely on a supp to get you the results you want. List your diet and I'm sure you will get a lot of help on how to create a diet plan that works a little better for you. Oh yes and add cardio for sure lol.

TonyBSRT

Awards
Yeah, I'm sure I need some help on the diet end of things too. I cut out a TON of sugar (I used to drink a lot of soda) by switching to just water. But I do love fruit juice! I am a red meat fanatic. I love grilling out steaks, burgers, and hotdogs. I also eat a lot of chicken and tuna. I need to add more vegetables too. My problem is portion, carbs, and WORK! Because of my job, I have to grab whatever I can, whenever I can. I would love if somebody could point me in the direction of a good diet! It doesn't help I'm Italian...........pasta is my friend!

Anyway, thanks for all the info so far. You guys have been a help already!

keeper

There are tons online. Google. They probably even have one streamlined for Italian food lovers. Whole grain pasta is a GOOD carb. Educate yourself about the different kinds of carbs. Lose everything white. Potatoes, white rice, anything made with white flour, etc need to be gone for a while, or at least limited. Weightwatchers points program is fantastic and simple to understand. They even include dining out and fast food options.

One key tip is to not eat after 6 pm when trying to lose. I've not been in the position of needing to lose, but I have friends and family who have. It seems to start with the mind-set. Get to the place where you decide that you can do without the unhealthy foods for 3 months, other than a little cheat on the weekend. Keep telling yourself that that payoff will be worth it. After you reach your goal, keep the mind right. Have that rib-eye with all the trimmings on the weekend, but keep the diet clean of bad carbs (not all are bad) and fats MOST of the time. I eat clean about 80% of the time and have not altered my diet at all during the past 3 months of fat loss. Not weight loss, body fat loss.

DrivenDreams

Awards
  • Established
Find out your calories expenditure, subtract 500 from it.
I like the fact that we have non-stimulant fat burners now-a-days as you can stack fat burners now for a more potent effect if you choose)
HIIT cardio(interval training, 1 minute 90% effort, 1 minute 30-40% effort, alternate back and forth between the two)15-25 minutes, if you're not use to it, start with 10, you'll definitely not like it but know you have an insider secret compared to all those other runners who run for an hour everyday at a moderate pace.

Good luck man, get RIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPED

Also Lift weights, the heavier and harder it is to do the more is burned.

DrivenDreams

Awards
  • Established
You may want to fix that stim tolerance. Reset AD is a great product for adrenal fatigue. I've used it several times and it has always done the trick. After your body is sensitive to stims again, there are some great energy/fat loss products out there that you could look into. Shred Matrix, Reduction, X-Force are some good ones.

Like Keeper said, HIIT is gonna be great for helping you drop some fat- especially if you have a good lifting routine.

I have taken reset AD, I work for redbull, it hasn't helped me but, as I've researched, vitamin c is a cheap and effective way to maintain and repair adrenal glands.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm sure I need some help on the diet end of things too. I cut out a TON of sugar (I used to drink a lot of soda) by switching to just water. But I do love fruit juice! I am a red meat fanatic. I love grilling out steaks, burgers, and hotdogs. I also eat a lot of chicken and tuna. I need to add more vegetables too. My problem is portion, carbs, and WORK! Because of my job, I have to grab whatever I can, whenever I can. I would love if somebody could point me in the direction of a good diet! It doesn't help I'm Italian...........pasta is my friend!

Anyway, thanks for all the info so far. You guys have been a help already!
Heh I love pasta too. The way to make it easier on yourself is to try and cook large quantities of all your food in advance and really dial in your schedule.Its not easy for the working man but it is possible.You can drink diet pop instead as well as drinking loads of water.Fruit juice is fine as long as there is no sugars,glucose/fructose added,making your own tastes great. Portion control by spreading your meals (5-6)throughout the day in smaller amounts will help you out immensely. Look up calorie profiles plus a food index to see how much protein/carbs are in how much food and go from there.If you want to lose weight in a healthy way, reduce your calories slowly,eat lean and whole foods cut out any refined crap,get an adequate amount of protein,work your ass off in the gym(cardio too) and you will be surprised at how far that gets you.If you want to go to a competition level it will take a lot more effort and complexity...but one step at a time grasshopper.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
One key tip is to not eat after 6 pm when trying to lose.

I personally don't agree with that at all. I eat until an hour before bedtime and have gotten pretty damn ripped in the past. I only change up the amount of what I eat. Especially if your a working man doing physical labor and you don't really get to eat much until you get home.In the end its the amount of calories you ingest throughout the day that determine weight loss not the time.Eating constantly with small meals keeps my energy level and metabolism fired up, I would crash If I stopped at 6. Besides the fact that I work out at night lol.:sasmokin:

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Do what works for you but according to Google, there are several thousand medical sites that differ with that opinion.
Such as:

Weight Loss: Break the Late-Night Eating Habit
Weight Gain Shockers Slideshow. Break the late-night eating habit ... eating at night usually leads to overeating, and can wreak havoc on your weight-loss diet. ...
www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56681
LOL are you kidding me? That article is for people who DO NOT EXERCISE!
Heres a quote "So what's a dieter to do? The ideal solution is to eat three square meals a day and avoid all between-meal eating. "
I'm sorry it is much different for someone (especially a male) who trains and does not want to look like an child on a sally struthers special.
Heres another form that same article "Oprah Winfrey's diet guru, Bob Greene, advises clients not to eat at all after 8 p.m., as a technique to limit total calories"
Hmm so its not time..but a way to not take in exess total calories..I don't know where it differs from my overall plan except I spread mine though out the day to keep my metabolism burning high.:wave2:That advice is for regular Joes who don't want to put the effort forth into exercising and having a complex eating plan.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Eating in the evening is fine. Keeper did mention that to lose WEIGHT you could avoid eating after 6pm. Losing weight is NOT the healthiest thing to focus on, FAT LOSS is much better. If you want to focus on FAT LOSS you will be more likely to maintain muscle. And eating after 6 may not be the best option for this goal.

If one has a horrible diet, eating after 6pm would normally eliminate high carb, calorie packed, unhealthy desserts that most Americans eat every night. And obviously if you cut that out at any time of the day you are likely to drop some fat, and possibly weight because of the decrease in unhealthy calories. But if you are eating healthy foods, and timing your healthy carbs right, like I said, eating in the evening should be fine for fat loss. A bowl of cottage cheese with some PB is a popular and great pre-bed snack! :)

TonyBSRT

Awards
Wow, thanks a TON! I'll be doing a lot of reading tonight. I look on google but there is just SO much stuff and I like to get the opinion of people who are doing it. My goal is to be about 210lbs but be built like I used to be. It sucks to look at old pictures and see how I abused my body in the last 5yrs.

Tony B

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Eating in the evening is fine. Keeper did mention that to lose WEIGHT you could avoid eating after 6pm. Losing weight is NOT the healthiest thing to focus on, FAT LOSS is much better. If you want to focus on FAT LOSS you will be more likely to maintain muscle. And eating after 6 may not be the best option for this goal.

If one has a horrible diet, eating after 6pm would normally eliminate high carb, calorie packed, unhealthy desserts that most Americans eat every night. And obviously if you cut that out at any time of the day you are likely to drop some fat, and possibly weight because of the decrease in unhealthy calories. But if you are eating healthy foods, and timing your healthy carbs right, like I said, eating in the evening should be fine for fat loss. A bowl of cottage cheese with some PB is a popular and great pre-bed snack! :)
Agreed and good eye.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
No, not kidding, just in a hurry. I grabbed the first listing from my google search. I should have read the article through before posting.

*So plus 1 for you, big guy.
Yes always a good thing to do lol. Sorry if I sounded mean or anything, I am just an animated type of person.:icon16:

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wow, thanks a TON! I'll be doing a lot of reading tonight. I look on google but there is just SO much stuff and I like to get the opinion of people who are doing it. My goal is to be about 210lbs but be built like I used to be. It sucks to look at old pictures and see how I abused my body in the last 5yrs.

Tony B
There is a lot of information on bodybuilding, dieting, cutting, bulking. Some of it is crap, and some of it is great info. It certainly can be confusing trying to find what is good info to follow, I understand that. :) AM is one of the best places to come for helpful and truthful information (at least most of the time!). Just keep doing some research and you will find answers!

Looking at those old pictures may help give you some motivation. Want to look like you used to? NO! Then keep working hard at your diet and workout! ;)