Summer Fat Loss

buckz55

Awards
Hi , I am 18 years old , 195 pounds , 5'11 .

I've been working out on and off for like 2 years , so I have decent amount of muscle ....but decent amount of fat too...people guess my weight to be like 170 or 180 though.

My waist size is 34 or 35 . I can bench around 225.....diet hasn't been too great either most my life.... but I used to weigh 170 2 years ago , so I gained quite a lot quick. That's just to give you a little background info to help estimate my BF %.

I am looking to loose as much fat as possible this summer and possibility gaining muscle too , I'm aiming to do weight lifting and cardio 4-5 days a week .... weight lifting for 25 min then cardio after for 25 minutes .....

Can you guys help me out with a good diet plan too? What plan would fit best for me you think? Please add some foods I can buy or make too because I got no idea lol... I always fall off track while dieting .... I really need some help in this area

All tips , advice , suggestions ect would be very much appreciated !

thanks , looking foward to hearing from you all

oh and by the way , how much do you think I can loose this summer ?

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi , I am 18 years old , 195 pounds , 5'11 .

I've been working out on and off for like 2 years , so I have decent amount of muscle ....but decent amount of fat too...people guess my weight to be like 170 or 180 though.

My waist size is 34 or 35 . I can bench around 225.....diet hasn't been too great either most my life.... but I used to weigh 170 2 years ago , so I gained quite a lot quick. That's just to give you a little background info to help estimate my BF %.

I am looking to loose as much fat as possible this summer and possibility gaining muscle too , I'm aiming to do weight lifting and cardio 4-5 days a week .... weight lifting for 25 min then cardio after for 25 minutes .....

Can you guys help me out with a good diet plan too? What plan would fit best for me you think? Please add some foods I can buy or make too because I got no idea lol... I always fall off track while dieting .... I really need some help in this area

All tips , advice , suggestions ect would be very much appreciated !

thanks , looking foward to hearing from you all

oh and by the way , how much do you think I can loose this summer ?
How much fat you can lose during the summer is completely dependent upon how healthy you eat and how good your workout routines are. It is possible to lose .5% BF a week if you are strict and disciplined enough.

Diet is the most important thing when it comes to fat loss. It is 80% of fat loss. Keep this in mind while you are attempting to cut. ;)

A healthy diet consists of a good ratio of Lean protein (Chicken, beef, eggs, cottage cheese, etc) healthy fat(olive oil, avocado, unsweetened coconut, egg yolks, pb, cheese etc) and carbs (primarily veggies, and lots of them!) You should also be drinking AT LEAST a gallon of water a day. This will help you drop water weight.

I would suggest that you do full body movements in your workout routines. Squats, Deadlifts, Chinups, pull ups, Dips, Bench, Rows, Lunges, Step ups, Clean and Press are all some great compound movements that will be very good for helping you gain muscle and drop fat. The more muscles a movement incorporates, the better it will be for burning fat.

Lifting 5 days a week is overkill if you are planning on doing full body routines. 3-4 days a week is quite sufficient. Adding cardio will definitely help with fat loss. HIIT works the best. It only takes 15-20 minutes and doing it even 3 days a week will make a significant difference. I'd suggest doing HIIT Sprints on your off days from lifting.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
How much fat you can lose during the summer is completely dependent upon how healthy you eat and how good your workout routines are. It is possible to lose .5% BF a week if you are strict and disciplined enough.

Diet is the most important thing when it comes to fat loss. It is 80% of fat loss. Keep this in mind while you are attempting to cut. ;)

A healthy diet consists of a good ratio of Lean protein (Chicken, beef, eggs, cottage cheese, etc) healthy fat(olive oil, avocado, unsweetened coconut, egg yolks, pb, cheese etc) and carbs (primarily veggies, and lots of them!) You should also be drinking AT LEAST a gallon of water a day. This will help you drop water weight.

I would suggest that you do full body movements in your workout routines. Squats, Deadlifts, Chinups, pull ups, Dips, Bench, Rows, Lunges, Step ups, Clean and Press are all some great compound movements that will be very good for helping you gain muscle and drop fat. The more muscles a movement incorporates, the better it will be for burning fat.

Lifting 5 days a week is overkill if you are planning on doing full body routines. 3-4 days a week is quite sufficient. Adding cardio will definitely help with fat loss. HIIT works the best. It only takes 15-20 minutes and doing it even 3 days a week will make a significant difference. I'd suggest doing HIIT Sprints on your off days from lifting.
:goodpost::goodpost:

buckz55

Awards

thanks , I plan on doing split body parts ... not full body workouts ...but I might do full body workouts after a few weeks to change things up....

keeper

The first thing you should do is educate yourself on the HIIT that bwifey mentioned. Read about it on the Training forum here in a thread titled "Interval Training...YES!!!" Then for diet, lose fats and everything white, including potatoes and everything made from white flour. Go with high protein foods like tuna, chicken, fish, beans, peas, eggs, etc. Learn about good carbs. Cheat, if you must on the weekend so you don't burn out, but try to keep the diet clean 80% of the time.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The first thing you should do is educate yourself on the HIIT that bwifey mentioned. Read about it on the Training forum here in a thread titled "Interval Training...YES!!!" Then for diet, lose fats and everything white, including potatoes and everything made from white flour. Go with high protein foods like tuna, chicken, fish, beans, peas, eggs, etc. Learn about good carbs. Cheat, if you must on the weekend so you don't burn out, but try to keep the diet clean 80% of the time.
I very much disagree with "losing fats". To properly function, our bodies DO need healthy fats. Otherwise hormones will get thrown off and this can make for some serious problems over time. It is suggested that one go no lower than 20% fat during one's daily calorie intake. I listed an example of some healthy fats above.

Healthy fats will NOT make you fat, unless you eat too much of them! It goes the same for lean protein and nearly any other kind of healthy food.

Our bodies even need some saturated fats, opposed to what many think. It is just that so many foods contain saturated fats that a person doesn't really need to seek out sources that contain a high amount. Saturated fat does help with testosterone production- and this is always good, for a man especially! :)

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry. I think I'll hush now.
You don't need to apologize, nor do you need to hush. :lol: You did give some great advice above! But it is true that GOOD, HEALTHY fats are a very important part of the body and they are necessary for proper function. And I had to say so. :)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
So are regular potatoes out then?
I would rather use carbs that are lower on the GI scale and can provide plenty of fiber, which is why I choose broccoli and oats.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So are regular potatoes out then?

I would highly suggest that you take them out of your diet. They are high glycemically and don't have a whole lot of nutritional benefits- they are empty starch. Corn and peas aren't a very good choice either. Sweet potatoes and yams on the other hand are fine. They contain a lot of vitamins and minerals as well as being lower glycemic than a regular potato.

Some good veggies to stick with are: Broccoli, cale, spinach, chard, collard greens (if it's green and leafy and other than lettuce, it will be packed with lots of healthy stuff)., zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes and carrots. While carrots may be high glycemically, they have such a LOW glycemic load that the sugars will hardly impact you (if you aren't on an extremely low carb diet). And they do contain a good amount of vitamins in them. Some beans are also very high in fiber. While they may have a lot of total carbs, the fiber content can be very high in some.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
cool dude im doing this too
if i were u look into animal cuts
im loving them

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i disagree on nixing the potatoes. they have 600mg of potassium, a few grams of fiber, have no fat, and are 100calories.

most people don't get enough potassium and a couple potatoes a day is a great way to get it.